The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Fuero
Yeah they said I could apply to several other courses offered by Sussex or Brighton but I had to do it within a month.

Oh I see, so will you be applying for another course then?
Reply 601
Original post by xxsanhaxx
Oh I see, so will you be applying for another course then?

Well I'm thinking of applying for biochemistry at Sussex :smile:
Reply 602
I just have a feeling about Wednesday.
Reply 603
Original post by fdecas150
yeah... just got home from a different med school interview, and got the pre-interview rejection from bsms. Good luck to everyone else though!

where was your interview? mind posting stats? thanks.
Original post by TheDustyKid
It's motivating to hear you say that. The worst moment of my life was when I got my grades and I thought 'I'm never going to be a doctor'. That's when I realised how much this means to me, so I can understand your drive. There is nothing else that could give me that same satisfaction as medicine - although, there are many other courses I could do, I just don't want to.

Good luck! Hope we both get to hit those dreams we're after! ^^

Well when all of my medic friends were getting the offers and I wasn't I was pretty bummed especially as I had the grades, I had the motivation but it just didn't happen.

Every year I have to take a step back and re evaluate why this is what I want to do and whether it is worth the hassle and stress. I do have quite a few 'back-up' options but I just know I couldn't forgive myself if I gave up what I spent so long aiming for.

Good luck to you too. :smile:
Original post by Fuero
Well I got my rejection today, it's been a week since it was sent off. I asked for feedback, but it can take as long as March for a reply! That's two rejections, two more to go -_-

when did you send you're application off? what date?
Original post by I<3LAMP
Well I know this is something I really want to do and I'd always regret giving up if I had.

It's not been easy having your friends progress, get grad jobs and even graduate from medicine itself but that spurs me on I guess. I want to prove to those who didn't believe in me that I have what it takes and tbh the only barrier stopping me becoming a medic is my failure of the interview process itself. I've had a few interviews that I've buggered up just because I let my nerves get to me.

Dealing with the public? No problem. Giving advice? No problem. Discussing aspirations and motivations with strangers and friends? No problem. I try and do this in front of an interview panel with doctors and med school deans and I choke. :mad:

The only person getting in the way of this is myself and that is hard to overcome but I'm working on it.

I dont think you should give up... my grades aren't great and ive thought a couple of times of pursuing a different career but i really dont want to do anything else... and sometimes i feel like the stress and pressure im under isn't worth it but tbh if i did something else i wouldn't be happy so im glad i havent given up.
when you go for interview just be yourself, have faith in yourself. don't be intimidated by the interview panel, talk to them like they're your friends and not lecturers etc.
Good luck with everything :smile:
Original post by heartshapedbox
I dont think you should give up... my grades aren't great and ive thought a couple of times of pursuing a different career but i really dont want to do anything else... and sometimes i feel like the stress and pressure im under isn't worth it but tbh if i did something else i wouldn't be happy so im glad i havent given up.
when you go for interview just be yourself, have faith in yourself. don't be intimidated by the interview panel, talk to them like they're your friends and not lecturers etc.
Good luck with everything :smile:

Thanks for the advice and good luck to you too. :smile:
Reply 608
Yer, nobody give up! I got rejected before interview last year... and have 2 interviews this year already(albeit pending the result of those interviews, but it's a start).
Reply 609
Original post by heartshapedbox
when did you send you're application off? what date?

I sent mine off on the 11th of October
Original post by AGM
Yer, nobody give up! I got rejected before interview last year... and have 2 interviews this year already(albeit pending the result of those interviews, but it's a start).

Hi :smile: what did you do between last year and reapplying this year? did you get more work experience etc? :smile: and good luck with your interview results:smile:
Reply 611
Just got a email saying i hav been put on hold (post interview)

Does ne 1 know the chances of me getting a place?
Original post by gooner23

Original post by gooner23
Just got a email saying i hav been put on hold (post interview)

Does ne 1 know the chances of me getting a place?

What a strange thing to say... Did you email them back asking what they mean? I'd guess they mean that maybe they think they'll wait until the next batch of interviews are complete before making a decision about your application? Unsure of course.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I got a uc offer!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: This has made everything worth everything ahhhhhh!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 614
Thry said tgat they wud get back to me in mid-april to let me know for sure. thy basically said that my interview went quite well but was jus under the threshold for an offer

i was just wondering if anyone else is in my position or if anyone who has been in my position went on to get an offer

Thanks
Reply 615
Original post by CraigKirk
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I got a uc offer!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: This has made everything worth everything ahhhhhh!

whoo hooo congrats mate, well deserved!!!
Reply 616

Well played! :biggrin:
Original post by .eXe
whoo hooo congrats mate, well deserved!!!

Original post by Crushy
Well played! :biggrin:

Thaaaank youuuu! Still shaking... It's such an effort to type! This Christmas RULES!
Reply 618
UNCONDITIONAL OFFER! The hard work finally paid off :')
Reply 619

I look forward to meeting you when term starts!! Haha, congratulations :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending