The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

has anyone gotten interview invitations yet? i'm an international student and no one i know has gotten a rejection/interview yet..
Reply 581
Original post by sgheewala1
has anyone gotten interview invitations yet? i'm an international student and no one i know has gotten a rejection/interview yet..

No more invites until january because second round of interviews is in february.I am also intl.
Reply 582
Well I got my rejection today, it's been a week since it was sent off. I asked for feedback, but it can take as long as March for a reply! That's two rejections, two more to go -_-
Reply 583
Does anyone know what the chances are of being accepted into graduate medicine at BSMS after choosing for a biomedical sciences bachelor at Sussex/Brighton?
Original post by Steerforth
Pre-interview.

Got it via letter.

And I'm a guy!

My bad...again!
Reply 585
Original post by Fuero
Well I got my rejection today, it's been a week since it was sent off. I asked for feedback, but it can take as long as March for a reply! That's two rejections, two more to go -_-

Sorry to hear that mate. They interviewed you so you are obviously a very strong candidate and BSMS bases offers only on interview so I would recommend you attend some interview workshops/sessions to be ready for any future interviews.

Best of luck.
Reply 586
Original post by Rand
Does anyone know what the chances are of being accepted into graduate medicine at BSMS after choosing for a biomedical sciences bachelor at Sussex/Brighton?

BSMS doesn't have a graduate medicine program.
Reply 587
Original post by .eXe
Sorry to hear that mate. They interviewed you so you are obviously a very strong candidate and BSMS bases offers only on interview so I would recommend you attend some interview workshops/sessions to be ready for any future interviews.

Best of luck.

I was rejected without interview...but thanks for your support
Original post by Fuero

Bummer, sorry to hear. :console:

Did you get it via letter too?

I'm kinda expecting a rejection from BSMS and I'm already holding one rejection and no interview invites. :mad:
Reply 589
Original post by Fuero
I was rejected without interview...but thanks for your support

Oh my bad, when you mentioned feedback I auto-assumed it was after interview. Apologies.
Reply 590
Original post by I<3LAMP
Bummer, sorry to hear. :console:

Did you get it via letter too?

I'm kinda expecting a rejection from BSMS and I'm already holding one rejection and no interview invites. :mad:

Yep via letter, took a week to arrive too! I'm holding two rejections now, no interview invites :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 591
Original post by .eXe
Oh my bad, when you mentioned feedback I auto-assumed it was after interview. Apologies.

It's OK, they said in the letter that I could ask for feedback as to why my application was unsuccesful, so I did.
Reply 592
Original post by .eXe
BSMS doesn't have a graduate medicine program.

Oh lol, didn't even know that. But I hear graduate medicine at any uni is even more competitive than undergraduate medicine.
Original post by Fuero
Yep via letter, took a week to arrive too! I'm holding two rejections now, no interview invites :frown:

Oh ****. :erm:

Well I hope you hear something positive soon because I know how this feels. I'm a re-re-re applicant and have had my fair share of disappointment. :smile:
Original post by I<3LAMP
Oh ****. :erm:

Well I hope you hear something positive soon because I know how this feels. I'm a re-re-re applicant and have had my fair share of disappointment. :smile:

Omg how did you keep up that level of motivation to keep reapplying? I'm a re-applicant, by the way. Every rejection brought me closer to suicide last year. I don't handle rejection well - who does?!
Reply 595
Original post by TheDustyKid
Omg how did you keep up that level of motivation to keep reapplying? I'm a re-applicant, by the way. Every rejection brought me closer to suicide last year. I don't handle rejection well - who does?!

Not sure whether to laugh or be worried.
Original post by TheDustyKid

Well I know this is something I really want to do and I'd always regret giving up if I had.

It's not been easy having your friends progress, get grad jobs and even graduate from medicine itself but that spurs me on I guess. I want to prove to those who didn't believe in me that I have what it takes and tbh the only barrier stopping me becoming a medic is my failure of the interview process itself. I've had a few interviews that I've buggered up just because I let my nerves get to me.

Dealing with the public? No problem. Giving advice? No problem. Discussing aspirations and motivations with strangers and friends? No problem. I try and do this in front of an interview panel with doctors and med school deans and I choke. :mad:

The only person getting in the way of this is myself and that is hard to overcome but I'm working on it.
Original post by I<3LAMP
Well I know this is something I really want to do and I'd always regret giving up if I had.

It's not been easy having your friends progress, get grad jobs and even graduate from medicine itself but that spurs me on I guess. I want to prove to those who didn't believe in me that I have what it takes and tbh the only barrier stopping me becoming a medic is my failure of the interview process itself. I've had a few interviews that I've buggered up just because I let my nerves get to me.

Dealing with the public? No problem. Giving advice? No problem. Discussing aspirations and motivations with strangers and friends? No problem. I try and do this in front of an interview panel with doctors and med school deans and I choke. :mad:

The only person getting in the way of this is myself and that is hard to overcome but I'm working on it.

It's motivating to hear you say that. The worst moment of my life was when I got my grades and I thought 'I'm never going to be a doctor'. That's when I realised how much this means to me, so I can understand your drive. There is nothing else that could give me that same satisfaction as medicine - although, there are many other courses I could do, I just don't want to.

Good luck! Hope we both get to hit those dreams we're after! ^^

Original post by .eXe
Not sure whether to laugh or be worried.

Slightly hyperbolic, but you get the picture.
Reply 598
Original post by Fuero

Sorry to hear about that :frown:
Btw in the letter did it say anything about being considered for another course at either Brighton or sussex?
Reply 599
Original post by xxsanhaxx
Sorry to hear about that :frown:
Btw in the letter did it say anything about being considered for another course at either Brighton or sussex?

Yeah they said I could apply to several other courses offered by Sussex or Brighton but I had to do it within a month.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending