The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Scratch the above. Rejected.

Ah well :biggrin: I'm pretty sure it was the reputation of my uni and one average module mark. I had excellent references and PS.

In case anyone is wondering, I applied 4 weeks ago, and the status changed on Portico. I haven't got an e-mail about it yet.

Good luck to all!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Akkuz

Ah well :biggrin: I'm pretty sure it was the reputation of my uni and one average module mark. I had excellent references and PS.

In case anyone is wondering, I applied 4 weeks ago, and the status changed on Portico. I haven't got an e-mail about it yet.

Good luck to all!

I really doubt that. I come from a really bad uni and it didn't affect me in any way.
I am really sorry you were rejected though. Good luck with the rest of your applications.
Reply 242
Original post by Xristina
I really doubt that. I come from a really bad uni and it didn't affect me in any way.
I am really sorry you were rejected though. Good luck with the rest of your applications.

Thanks :tongue: I guess we will never know! I'm not going to ask them for feedback, not all that bothered. I applied to 5 uni's because I knew I'd get rejections from a few.

I should probably withdraw my Imperial application, but I can't be bothered :colondollar:
Reply 243
Original post by Akkuz
I should probably withdraw my Imperial application, but I can't be bothered :colondollar:

No, don't. I was reading a while ago about someone who submitted applications to some huge amount (20 or 30) US universities. All but one rejected her. The one who accepted her was Harvard... you just never know about these things.
Reply 244
Original post by sj27
No, don't. I was reading a while ago about someone who submitted applications to some huge amount (20 or 30) US universities. All but one rejected her. The one who accepted her was Harvard... you just never know about these things.

Really? haha, that's quite a story! I already have another offer. Don't want to go Imperial. I'll just leave it anyway..
Original post by Akkuz
Really? haha, that's quite a story! I already have another offer. Don't want to go Imperial. I'll just leave it anyway..

yeah but what if they offer you funding?
Reply 246
Original post by Xristina
yeah but what if they offer you funding?

That'd be an interesting predicament. If they gave me funding, I'd defer KCL entry, study at Imperial for free for a year then go the KCL masters. Is that even possible?

I do know Imperial have quite a lot of funding for the course I applied for.
Reply 247
Original post by sj27

that's a lot of money to spend on applications !
Reply 248
Original post by Akkuz

Good luck to all!

Sorry to hear that - I hope your Cambridge / Imperial application goes ok.
Reply 249
Original post by LSM7
Yea I had my interview with her too.. stumbled a bit on a few questions.

She asked me how would i invest 1 million dollars if i had it, how will i use my undergrad in the next 5-10 years, how have i been preparing for a career in management... and a few other questions related to why UCL, don't remember exactly! Pretty simple stuff :smile:

Have you heard the decision from them already? How long does it take to know the decision after the interview?

I still haven't done mine....
Reply 250
Original post by vinc10
Sorry to hear that - I hope your Cambridge / Imperial application goes ok.

Thanks man. I'm over the moon with KCL tbh :biggrin: good luck with your ucl interview!
Reply 251
Hey, guys!

Just got an offer for the MSc in technology entrepreneurship!

Profile: Warwick PPE
Offer: lower second class honours
Reply 252
Original post by LFCDRM
Hey, guys!

well done!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!:smile:
Reply 253

Original post by cmk
well done!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!:smile:

Thanks! Good luck on your app! :smile:
arhh I want to apply for a scholarship for my course, but the deadline is the 10th of february and I already need to have an offer before I apply...Problem is the sooner I'll be able to apply is end of first week of January...I just hope they reply as fast as they did last year :frown:
Reply 255
Original post by LFCDRM
Hey, guys!

wow they work on Sunday as well:eek: congratulations btw
Reply 256
congrat man :smile:
Rejection :frown:
Reply 258
:frown:

which master did you apply ? (if its not indiscret ofc)
Original post by kelyos
:frown:

which master did you apply ? (if its not indiscret ofc)

Museum Studies.

I was kind of expecting it - I heard that they want people who've done loads of work experience, whereas mine was rather limited. Still, it's never nice being rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending