The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Hi everyone, just got an offer this morning. If it is of any help to anyone, my application status changed to Currently being processed by admissions just yesterday. I submitted my application on the 23rd of November but it became complete on the 9th of this month. I wasn’t notified by any emails so don’t rely on them. Best of luck to all :smile:
Reply 261
Original post by art90
Hi everyone, just got an offer this morning. If it is of any help to anyone, my application status changed to Currently being processed by admissions just yesterday. I submitted my application on the 23rd of November but it became complete on the 9th of this month. I wasn’t notified by any emails so don’t rely on them. Best of luck to all :smile:

congratulations .. what did you apply?
Reply 262
Original post by zziippoo
congratulations .. what did you apply?

Thank you :smile: Global governance and ethics
Reply 263
Congrat ! :smile:

This morning I received this one

We are currently receiving an unprecedented amount of applications for this programme and it is taking much longer than usual to review your application and get a decision back to you. I can therefore only ask for your patience during this busy time, especially as UCL will be closing tomorrow for the Christmas Vacation until January 3rd 2012.

We hope to get a decision to you as soon as possible in the New Year, but please don’t expect it in the near future.

rofl sounds bad, I think it's dead cause think they've received a lot of good app just before :frown:

(french financial engineering profil + MSc risk at Brunel, 2:1 both , completed since 7th dec)
(edited 12 years ago)
Put an application in the MA in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at UCL... but still waiting for my tutor to remember to send my reference in! Is anyone else here applying/ thinking of applying/ on the course/ done the course?
Original post by history_geek
Put an application in the MA in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at UCL... but still waiting for my tutor to remember to send my reference in! Is anyone else here applying/ thinking of applying/ on the course/ done the course?

I'm applying for that too! Waiting until January to submit it though so I don't bother my referees over Christmas.
Reply 266
Original post by kelyos

Original post by kelyos
Congrat ! :smile:

This morning I received this one

We are currently receiving an unprecedented amount of applications for this programme and it is taking much longer than usual to review your application and get a decision back to you. I can therefore only ask for your patience during this busy time, especially as UCL will be closing tomorrow for the Christmas Vacation until January 3rd 2012.

We hope to get a decision to you as soon as possible in the New Year, but please don’t expect it in the near future.

rofl sounds bad, I think it's dead cause think they've received a lot of good app just before :frown:

(french financial engineering profil + MSc risk at Brunel, 2:1 both , completed since 7th dec)

Don't worry, it’s probably their way of letting people know that they’ll be closing for Christmas. Many applications will be well in their 6th week during the break and people who don’t know of the vacation dates will start emailing them so they're trying to prevent unnecessary emails.
From what I gather, they are mainly sending rejections at the moment and they send them out quite fast, they don't let people wait for 6+ weeks just to reject them. So maybe the longer you wait, the better it is.
Best of luck!
Original post by art90
Don't worry, it’s probably their way of letting people know that they’ll be closing for Christmas. Many applications will be well in their 6th week during the break and people who don’t know of the vacation dates will start emailing them so they're trying to prevent unnecessary emails.
From what I gather, they are mainly sending rejections at the moment and they send them out quite fast, they don't let people wait for 6+ weeks just to reject them. So maybe the longer you wait, the better it is.
Best of luck!

O Oh :eek:

My application status has changed to "currently being processed by admissions"

Please don't let it be a rejection :frown:
Reply 268
Original post by firstladynaija

This is probably a pretty stupid question, but where do you see the status of your application? Is that where it says "Application Complete"? :s-smilie:
Yes :smile:
Also, if you click on view, underneath active applications, you should see a section titled Application Status.
Reply 270
Hi all,

I have recently applied for MSc Technology entrepreneurship at UCL and have been invited for an online interview where a pre recorded set of questions will be asked by the professor in charge and then I need to answer them.

Apparently this is a new process and I have no idea how it is going to be. Has anyone had a similar experience? There are gonna be 10 questions, but I dont know what they're gonna be based on!!! any help with this would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers
Reply 271
Yes :smile:
Also, if you click on view, underneath active applications, you should see a section titled Application Status.

Ah I see, I'm an idiot, thanks :biggrin:
How long did it take from completing your application to the status changing to "currently being processed by admissions"? It's been two weeks since my second referee uploaded her reference, and nothing's changed since.. :/ And I'm fairly sure not many people will be working there during the next two weeks, I doubt much will happen over Christmas... The wait is driving me nuts lol.
Reply 272

My status changed to being processed by admissions yesterday and this morning i had an offer, good luck :smile:
Reply 273
Original post by LFCDRM
Hey, guys!

Just got an offer for the MSc in technology entrepreneurship!

Profile: Warwick PPE
Offer: lower second class honours

hey mate,

congrats! Ive applied for TE as well. my online interview is coming up, did u go through the same thing? what questions did they ask you? any help much appreciated.looks like there's gonna be two LFC fans next year

YNWA
Original post by MiaMoo
Ah I see, I'm an idiot, thanks :biggrin:
How long did it take from completing your application to the status changing to "currently being processed by admissions"? It's been two weeks since my second referee uploaded her reference, and nothing's changed since.. :/ And I'm fairly sure not many people will be working there during the next two weeks, I doubt much will happen over Christmas... The wait is driving me nuts lol.

lol. I know what you mean. I am constantly checking the portal for updates!
I sent my application on the 27th of November and it became complete on 6th Dec (both references were sent). The status just changed today. So almost 4 weeks. Which course did you apply to? It says on the website that they close for the holiday tomorrow 4pm and return 3rd January. So if you don't hear from them tomorrow, am afraid it might not be till the new year...

Original post by art90
My status changed to being processed by admissions yesterday and this morning i had an offer, good luck :smile:

Thanks! and Congratulations on your offer :smile:
fingers crossed...
Reply 275
Original post by art90
Best of luck!

Oh nice you make me confident now :angry:

Ok, if I'll have a offer I offer you a drink in return :smile:
Well my interview was about 2 months ago, so I don't remember much of it. However I do remember that there were actually 8 questions, not 10, and asked stuff like when you had the chance to work in a group, what the other group members would say about you, what sort of things you've done that could be considered entrepreneurial. Hopefully someone who remembers better will provide you with more details!

Good luck!
I got rejected :frown: :frown:
Reply 278

Sorry to hear that...Did you apply elsewhere as well? Good luck with any other applications you might have
Reply 279

Sorry for that.. I sent my application form on Oct and I am still waiting the second reference. The lecturer said that he will do ti. I have sent him twice the ' resent request' and also I have sent him 3 emails. I saw him at uni saying again that I am waiting your reference. NOTHING YET.

What was the reason? Was your grades good ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending