The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maz93
I got a letter from BSMS two week ago rejecting me - it was the day before my 18th Birthday so needless to say I was very upset :/

Anyways my head of year managed to contact them to ask why I didnt get an interview. They just gave me some bull**** about not having as many non-academic qualifications as other candidates - this was really frustrating as I have done everything possible to ensure that I had the right qualifications for medicine and it was really vague what would have been useful would have been something like you havent done enough work experience or your UKCAT score is too low.

Has anyone else been rejected for the same reasons?

Im sorry to hear that :frown: I hope you get offers from the rest.
what date did you send you app. off?
Hey BSMS forum, got an offer back a few weeks ago (:biggrin:!!!) and will hopefully see some of you september 2012.
I'm sorry to hear about rejections though; in my experience it's just keeping at it that gets you a medical school place.

Does anyone know when things like accommodation info come through?
Reply 742
Congrats!! Is BSMS your first choice I assume?
people who have been rejected, has your track been updated yet coz mine hasnt
Original post by Banana-Valid

Hey BSMS forum, got an offer back a few weeks ago (:biggrin:!!!) and will hopefully see some of you september 2012.
I'm sorry to hear about rejections though; in my experience it's just keeping at it that gets you a medical school place.

I received an information pack with a medical charter in it a few days after the decision on UCAS, but still no accomodation information. I'd assume that that stuff comes through once you've accepted the offer (insurance or firm).
Reply 745
Original post by CraigKirk
I received an information pack with a medical charter in it a few days after the decision on UCAS, but still no accomodation information. I'd assume that that stuff comes through once you've accepted the offer (insurance or firm).

I'm putting BSMS as an insurance do you know if I still need to sign the charter? :smile:
Original post by crazychef

Original post by crazychef
I'm putting BSMS as an insurance do you know if I still need to sign the charter? :smile:

Yes, it says so on the offer letter.
.eXe
Re: BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012
Congrats!! Is BSMS your first choice I assume?

Thanks! Yeah, which is why I've firmed it as opposed to waiting to hear from other universities.

CraigKirk

Yeah, I've received this but am wondering how long the wait is for any other information. Previous threads suggest March time but guess it's just a case of wait and see.
Reply 748

Unless things have changed dramatically you won't get accommodation information until april/may time. Or at least that is how it has been in previous years.
Reply 749
Hey BSMS forum :biggrin:
I got an offer back a few weeks ago so hopefully I'll see some of you there in September!
I'm sorry to hear about rejections though - good luck if you try again!
I know some people wanted to know about stats:
Username: 9879469
Course: Medicine (A100)
GCSE (or equivalent): A*A*A*A*AAAAAA
AS Levels: Maths A, Chemistry A, Biology A, Psychology A
A2 Levels: Maths (predicted A*), Chemistry (predicted A),Biology (predicted A)
International Student? No
Reapplicant/Transfer Applicant/First Time Applicant? First time applicant
:smile:
Reply 750
hi have any graduates been rejected yet? i have been asked for my transcripts, i hope they dont reject me once they have seen them! anyone else been asked for transcripts?
Reply 751
Original post by lisa101
hi have any graduates been rejected yet? i have been asked for my transcripts, i hope they dont reject me once they have seen them! anyone else been asked for transcripts?

are you international applicant or home/eu?
Reply 752
Original post by heartshapedbox
Im sorry to hear that :frown: I hope you get offers from the rest.
what date did you send you app. off?

Aww thanks

I've now got an interview at Bristol which I'm really pleased with - it sent it the 12th oct i think
Reply 753
Happy new year wonderful people. I hope the new year brings the best of news from the admissions office.
Original post by Maz93
Aww thanks

I've now got an interview at Bristol which I'm really pleased with - it sent it the 12th oct i think

ahh thats good! Good luck!
Reply 755
:frown: still no interview news.... still worried, still anxious

still hopeful though!
Original post by Mish Bish
:frown: still no interview news.... still worried, still anxious

still hopeful though!

i know, right. i'm finding it hard to keep the faith!
Reply 757
Original post by TheDustyKid
i know, right. i'm finding it hard to keep the faith!

it gets worse.... I am away for 2 weeks in Feb so only around for 1st week - did let them know.
guessing fact they didnt interview me nov/ dec means I am off their radar:frown:
Reply 758
Original post by .eXe
are you international applicant or home/eu?

im a home student, you?
no interview yet........ :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending