The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by MelissaJayne
Ah this is one of my biggest pet hates. My mum has a habit of opening a pack of cheese, using it once..putting it in the fridge and forgetting about it. Next time she wants cheese, she'll either open a new pack that's in their or go out and buy new cheese.

I make a conscience effort to stock rotate the fridge putting things she's opened right at the front.

STILL NEVER WORKS.

We (my OH and I) rearranged the cupboard to amke more space, put all my parents stuff on one side, ours on the other, and the most often eaten things at the front... and not a single thing has been touched since!!
Also, is sabotage counted as a food crime? My mum was like, oh we've got some oven chips if you want instead of messing around defrosting chicken?...
Ermm. no. On what planet is a plate of oven chips a decent replacement (taste and health wise) for a home cooked sunday dinner?!
Reply 881
*Dad making the dinner*

*grabs a spoon, digs it into whatever he's making, like soup etc*

*takes a big spoonful, tastes it, licks spoon clean*

*Proceeds to put the spoon back into the soup to stir it*

Oh nice, we're having Potato and Saliva soup, then.
Reply 882
*just opened a box of Celebrations and I'm searching for the Galaxy Truffle*

:nooo:

WHAT KIND OF TRAVESTY THIS? WHY REPLACE THE BEST DAMN THING IN THE WHOLE BOX? :colonhash:
Reply 883
Original post by natty_d
*just opened a box of Celebrations and I'm searching for the Galaxy Truffle*

:nooo:

WHAT KIND OF TRAVESTY THIS? WHY REPLACE THE BEST DAMN THING IN THE WHOLE BOX? :colonhash:

Between this and Cadbury's Heroes (which for some reason has now also dropped the Bourneville but replaced it with NOTHING), this has been one of my most predominant foodie gripes for about the past six months when they first TWIX-FIXED IT.

Note to Mars: TWIX FIXIN' IS NOT "FIXING".
Reply 884
Original post by TotoMimo

Between this and Cadbury's Heroes (which for some reason has now also dropped the Bourneville but replaced it with NOTHING), this has been one of my most predominant foodie gripes for about the past six months when they first TWIX-FIXED IT.

Note to Mars: TWIX FIXIN' IS NOT "FIXING".

Cadbury's Heroes are dire, bar Fudge and Twirl.

I cannot believe this, I feel so robbed :colonhash: It's all about Quality Street now.
Original post by natty_d
Cadbury's Heroes are dire, bar Fudge and Twirl.

I cannot believe this, I feel so robbed :colonhash: It's all about Quality Street now.

Watch out, they'll remove something now you've said that!
Celebrations, gone downhill. Heroes, downhill.
I'm waiting for the green triangle to be taken from Roses.
That'll tip me over the edge.
Reply 887
I always make the joke that Mars will replace the next-tastiest Celebration (Malteser Teaser) with one of their most foul products next.

My guess?

LEMON LOCKETS.
I always make the joke that Mars will replace the next-tastiest Celebration (Malteser Teaser) with one of their most foul products next.

My guess?

LEMON LOCKETS.

or Dove.
Not the chocolate, the soap.
I love your food threads!
Celebrations and Heroes were both a joke this year. A cruel, cruel joke. Who doesn't like Crunchie or Bournville? Who on earth doesn't like GALAXY TRUFFLE?
Reply 891
Original post by MelissaJayne
Celebrations, gone downhill. Heroes, downhill.
I'm waiting for the green triangle to be taken from Roses.
That'll tip me over the edge.

You mean quality street? The triangle is in that one.
sometimes when I feel sad I dip my scoop butter onto a spoon then dip it in sugar and eat it. It feels good man.
Having a plain naan, or plain rice, with a curry.
No. Boring person.

You should be having a keema naan, unless you're a veggie, in which case - why are you having a curry?
Likewise with rice, even if I'm cooking on my own, I drain the rice, then spice, mix and stick it on the heat for a couple of minutes - Ueber lush. Respect the curry and have a good rice.

and if you have a very dull curry (Tikki Masala, Korma etc.) then shame on you - chef's specials all the way.

Edit:

Is it a crime that I will currify any meat if I'm not sure what to do with it? God I love curry.
(edited 12 years ago)
chocolate and ketchup - tastes ghastlier than it sounds!
Oh, going back through the thread:

Original post by floskii

Original post by hmjessop

What is it?

I'm not sure exactly, I think it's just the juices from the meat.

The lovely "blood" you see in a steak is myoglobin, and adds soooooo much to the flavour. You over-cook the steak then you might as well be eating cardboard.
Original post by Alofleicester
Having a plain naan, or plain rice, with a curry.
No. Boring person.

You should be having a keema naan, unless you're a veggie, in which case - why are you having a curry?
Likewise with rice, even if I'm cooking on my own, I drain the rice, then spice, mix and stick it on the heat for a couple of minutes - Ueber lush. Respect the curry and have a good rice.

and if you have a very dull curry (Tikki Masala, Korma etc.) then shame on you - chef's specials all the way.

Edit:

Is it a crime that I will currify any meat if I'm not sure what to do with it? God I love curry.

:confused: Why shouldn't a vegan or vegetarian have a curry? When I am following a vegan diet, I eat curry all the time. Coconut and/or tomato based curries with lots of fresh vegetables are amazing. :smile:
Reply 897
Original post by affinity89

:confused: Why shouldn't a vegan or vegetarian have a curry? When I am following a vegan diet, I eat curry all the time. Coconut and/or tomato based curries with lots of fresh vegetables are amazing. :smile:

I dont usually like curry, I feel they taste quite greasy, but this sounds really nice. What's it like compared to normal curries? (I am assuming you've tried both as you said 'im following a veg diet.. sorry if I'm wrong!)
Original post by dani_1991
I dont usually like curry, I feel they taste quite greasy, but this sounds really nice. What's it like compared to normal curries? (I am assuming you've tried both as you said 'im following a veg diet.. sorry if I'm wrong!)

I've had both, yes. :smile:

Here are some of the recipes I've tried and liked:
Aubergine Curry

Spoiler

Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Curry

Spoiler

Curried Split Pea Soup

Spoiler

Vegetable & Coconut Curry

Spoiler

Mattar Tofu Curry [Ended up really spicy...]

Spoiler

Hold on? Vegetable based curries? Never noticed many (if any) of them on menus at curry houses I've been to.

But anyway Keema Naan > Any flavoured veggy-suitable Naan (e.g. Garlic and Coriander) > Plain Naan.
Plain Naans are just wrong, so so boring.

Quick Reply

Latest