The Student Room Group

New solutionbank

Whats the difference between the new one and the old one?

does the new one have less mistakes or what?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by cera ess six
Whats the difference between the new one and the old one?

does the new one have less mistakes or what?

Don't know anything about the old one, i have always used the new one.
The new one should probably be better than the old one, so its better to use the new one.
If you don't have the new one, then you can download it, it will probably be available somewhere.
Reply 3
Original post by raheem94
Don't know anything about the old one, i have always used the new one.
The new one should probably be better than the old one, so its better to use the new one.
If you don't have the new one, then you can download it, it will probably be available somewhere.

I have the new one buy i cant get it to work :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I have the new one buy i cant get it to work :s-smilie:

Which internet explorer version are you using?
Reply 5
Which internet explorer version are you using?

Using 9 but the old version of the solution bank works properly and also the new s1 version works its just the c1 and c2 which are not working
Reply 6
Using 9 but the old version of the solution bank works properly and also the new s1 version works its just the c1 and c2 which are not working

Open up the solution bank(no problem even if it opens a blank solution bank) in ie9. If it doesn't works than do this:
Click on tools, then select developer tools.
The developer tools window will pop up, in this window there will be a tab above which says browser mode, select internet explorer 7 here.
Now refresh your internet explorer page, check if it works.
If it works tell me, otherwise i will tell you another way for it.
Reply 7
Open up the solution bank(no problem even if it opens a blank solution bank) in ie9. If it doesn't works than do this:
Click on tools, then select developer tools.
The developer tools window will pop up, in this window there will be a tab above which says browser mode, select internet explorer 7 here.
Now refresh your internet explorer page, check if it works.
If it works tell me, otherwise i will tell you another way for it.

Still blank :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Still blank :s-smilie:

After selecting ie7 from the developer tools did you closed the ie?
Reply 9
After selecting ie7 from the developer tools did you closed the ie?

yh
Reply 10
yh

You shouldn't have closed the ie.
Do this:
Click on solution bank from the live text.
The ie will pop up. Go to tools, select developer tools, from developer tools choose ie8 this time.
Now close the developer tools window, but DON'T close ie.
Refresh your page, check if it works.
Otherwise there is another alternative.
Reply 11
yh

Did it worked?
Reply 12
Did it worked?

nopppppp
Reply 13
nopppppp

Now try this:
Open up the place where you have the C1 live text. DON'T click on live text. From here click the content folder.
From the content folder open the 'sb' folder.
The 'sb' folder will contain another folder with the name 'content', click on it.
Now the 'content' folder which will open will have lot of links. Click on any html document from here and see if the internet explorer opens it.

Check the above method, it might work.
Reply 14
Now try this:
Open up the place where you have the C1 live text. DON'T click on live text. From here click the content folder.
From the content folder open the 'sb' folder.
The 'sb' folder will contain another folder with the name 'content', click on it.
Now the 'content' folder which will open will have lot of links. Click on any html document from here and see if the internet explorer opens it.

Check the above method, it might work.

I had been opening it that way initially, still doesnt work :s-smilie: I might aswell stick to the old solution bank :/
Reply 15
I had been opening it that way initially, still doesnt work :s-smilie: I might aswell stick to the old solution bank :/

remove ie9 and install ie8.
remove ie9 and install ie8.

For all those that dislike Internet Explorer. I've found that you can also use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox to run the SolutionBank series.
Original post by Khallil
For all those that dislike Internet Explorer. I've found that you can also use the latest version of Mozilla Firefox to run the SolutionBank series.

HOW?
Reply 18
YOUR ARE AWESOME
thank you so much!!!!!!:smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Khallil
Install the latest Mozilla Firefox (I installed it just over a week ago) and visit :
http://www.sci2.co.uk/maths.html

From there just access whichever units solution bank you'd like and ...

There you have it !
(Sorry for the late reply :colondollar:)

Oh yea, when choosing questions from the solutionbank, the address bar tends to fail.
What I mean is that the exercise name changes from a lower case c to an upper case c.

i.e. sci2.co.uk/maths/C4/Solution%20Bank/C4/content/sb/content/c_4_6c_2.xhtml
to sci2.co.uk/maths/C4/Solution%20Bank/C4/content/sb/content/c4_6_C_2.xhtml

So remember to change it back to the lower case letter otherwise you'll get an error.

Hey i keep getting this 'stub.swf' file that keeps downloading whenever i click solutionbank! and then i tried to download flash player but that didnt work either!
can u help? please :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest