The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for any funding?

Hi,

So I have decided that I want to change universities after completing a couple years of study. However, I am unsure if I am eligible for any more funding.

I originally started a 4 year long course (including a foundation year) and have completed the foundation year and the first year. I also had to resit a module as well from my first year. I have decided I want to change to another university on a new course, am I eligible for any funding? I couldn't find the information online so unsure if I need to self fund the full course, or if any will be available for student loan.

If anyone has any idea, please let me know.
Exactly how many years of previous study do you have?

How long is the new course?

Would you be starting in yr 1 or yr2 of the new course?

What subject is the new course in?
Original post by Mysticul
Hi,

So I have decided that I want to change universities after completing a couple years of study. However, I am unsure if I am eligible for any more funding.

I originally started a 4 year long course (including a foundation year) and have completed the foundation year and the first year. I also had to resit a module as well from my first year. I have decided I want to change to another university on a new course, am I eligible for any funding? I couldn't find the information online so unsure if I need to self fund the full course, or if any will be available for student loan.

If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

Hi there, How long would your new course be for? How many years in total of previous study do you have? Thanks, Angela
Original post by PQ
Exactly how many years of previous study do you have?

How long is the new course?

Would you be starting in yr 1 or yr2 of the new course?

What subject is the new course in?

I have two years of previous study.
The new course is 3 years long and I would be starting in year 1.
My previous course was Business and Accounting, and the new course is Accounting and Finance.

Thanks
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, How long would your new course be for? How many years in total of previous study do you have? Thanks, Angela

Hi, the new course is 3 years long and I have 2 years of previous study.

Thanks
Hi, the new course is 3 years long and I have 2 years of previous study.

Thanks

Hi there, Would it be year 1 of the course you will enter? Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Would it be year 1 of the course you will enter? Thanks, Angela

Hi,
Yes I would be starting year 1 of a three year long course.

Thanks
Hi,
Yes I would be starting year 1 of a three year long course.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks, based on what you've said you'll be entitled to funding in all years of your new course, except Year 1. Due to your previous study you won't be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan in Year 1 without Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR).

To know for sure, we'd recommend making an application online as soon as you're able. That way, we can tell you for sure what you're entitlement is.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending