The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by Alofleicester
Hold on? Vegetable based curries? Never noticed many (if any) of them on menus at curry houses I've been to.

But anyway Keema Naan > Any flavoured veggy-suitable Naan (e.g. Garlic and Coriander) > Plain Naan.
Plain Naans are just wrong, so so boring.

Saag aloo; saag paneer (not vegan-friendly); and at my curry house there's lots of vegetable curries: mushroom, spinach, chickpeas, aubergine - the list is endless! (And, no, I'm not vegetarian or vegan - I just dislike sweeping generalisations!)
Now saag aloo is the only one I've heard of there, maybe I'm just going to very rubbish curry houses. :dontknow:
Original post by nadiah

Original post by nadiah
Ketchup on ANYTHING

I'm guilty :frown:
Is it a crime that I will currify any meat if I'm not sure what to do with it? God I love curry.

Well you are from leicester tbf
Original post by dnumberwang
Well you are from leicester tbf

Being from Leicester and not loving Curry is like being from Cornwall and not liking..(you know where this is going) Pasties
Original post by MelissaJayne
Being from Leicester and not loving Curry is like being from Cornwall and not liking..(you know where this is going) Pasties

I was thinking clotted cream, but yeah Cornish Pasties are lovely and very Cornish.
I was thinking clotted cream, but yeah Cornish Pasties are lovely and very Cornish.

oh but EVERYONE from EVERY WHERE should like clotted cream. :colondollar:
:five: Yes they should. Served with a nice warm desert (e.g. Cinammon pears) is just :sogood:
Reply 908
My sis discards the bubblegum in a Screwball, and it makes me FURIOUS.
Original post by TotoMimo

Whaa??? :confused: - the whole point of a screwball is to eat most of the ice-cream and then pull that bad-boy out with some ice-cream still covering it. Then savour the delicious gum.
Reply 910
i i know dude, i know. this generation makes me cry. xx
i i know dude, i know. this generation makes me cry. xx

:console: - at least there's still a few of us who remember how to appreciate food.

Another sort of crime - McDonalds/Burger King etc becoming a regular meal for little children. I remember the days when it used to be an award for being really good that month... :moon:
Reply 912

In fairness to her the bubblegum amounts to a few seconds worth of flavour followed by chewing plastic.
Reply 913

My step-sister buys screwballs... and then lets the CAT have one!
Reply 914
Original post by Jake22
My step-sister buys screwballs... and then lets the CAT have one!

Reminding me of another epic food crime...

You see your granny has bought corned beef and also a big bit of frying steak. How sweet, you think, that she's thought ahead and is having a cute wee "old wifie" steak dinner meal.

Then she plonks the corned beef onto a plate with some potato and bread, and then fries up the steak... FOR THE DOG.

"He likes a bit of steak".

I'M SURE HE BLOODY WELL DOES!!
Reply 915
Food Crime: People that pick their teeth after a meal with their fingernails and you see them slyly trying to wipe off onto tablecloths, clothing, etc.

STOP IT, Y'PIG.
Reply 916
People who spell McDonalds as MacDonalds. Wtf?
Reply 917
Food Crime: When you go to a Chinese All You Can Eat Buffet, and you see some plonker with a plate full of plain rice and chips.
Reply 918
Food Crime I cannot Abide:

Walking down the street and seeing a chav with his or her child in the buggy - the poor otherwise-innocent tot grasping a Greggs sausage roll in one hand, yum-yum in the other.

HE DOESN'T KNOW ANY BETTER! GIVE HIM A BANANA! HE'LL LOVE IT, I PROMISE!!
I still really can't stand people who can't use cutlery properly. Its such a basic skill.

Quick Reply

Latest