The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smush61
are there any offer or stances about msc economics?..

Seriously! I applied for the MSC in Economic Policy and it's been over 6 weeks and I've heard nothing. Application is still just "completed" on portico. Anyone hear anything yet???
ok mates, ive been following this and other threads about london colleges and I may be kinda confused right now.

im from brazil and been applying to some business/marketing related masters but i got rejected from 2 or 3 by now. what may be going wrong?

i dont actually know how the english grades work (A levels ucas etc...) so could anyone explain it to me. Here we just take a 0 - 10 mark and evaluate your final grade. i have a 8,33/10 mark overall...so is it bad? what would be the similar in english?

i must remeber that i applied for UCL, imperial, Kings and mainly the first 2 had not any luck. i have a good PS (think so), important recommendations (academic - professional), a year of work experince, my grades, IELTS with 7,5...

what might be the problem? my grades should be better there?

i have this only KCL offer but it stills conditional since they require IELTS with 7 overal and 7 in each....i have 7,5 with 6...wouldnt they consider the case?
im going to try until i pass but its expensive (US 250) and ive seen that my english would be enough for any other school....

dont want to have just one option, even knowing its better than nothing....
but dont know any other good london business schools?? where would you suggest?? been lookin around (henley, european business school) but nothing got really my attention...

anyway thanks
Reply 562
Original post by ellemay816
Seriously! I applied for the MSC in Economic Policy and it's been over 6 weeks and I've heard nothing. Application is still just "completed" on portico. Anyone hear anything yet???

nope..heard nothing..my application went in end-Oct..i think perhaps they should give out the first batch of acceptances & and rejects next week, based on past years...do share though once you guys receive news!
Reply 563

today is the last day for the msc economic-(policy) application.. maybe some action gonna be occured..
Reply 564
Original post by dandefilippo
ok mates, ive been following this and other threads about london colleges and I may be kinda confused right now.

im from brazil and been applying to some business/marketing related masters but i got rejected from 2 or 3 by now. what may be going wrong?

i dont actually know how the english grades work (A levels ucas etc...) so could anyone explain it to me. Here we just take a 0 - 10 mark and evaluate your final grade. i have a 8,33/10 mark overall...so is it bad? what would be the similar in english?

i must remeber that i applied for UCL, imperial, Kings and mainly the first 2 had not any luck. i have a good PS (think so), important recommendations (academic - professional), a year of work experince, my grades, IELTS with 7,5...

what might be the problem? my grades should be better there?

i have this only KCL offer but it stills conditional since they require IELTS with 7 overal and 7 in each....i have 7,5 with 6...wouldnt they consider the case?
im going to try until i pass but its expensive (US 250) and ive seen that my english would be enough for any other school....

dont want to have just one option, even knowing its better than nothing....
but dont know any other good london business schools?? where would you suggest?? been lookin around (henley, european business school) but nothing got really my attention...

anyway thanks

I really cannot comment on the admission process, but if I were you I'll quickly give the IELTS another try quickly to secure at least KCL (which is a great school).
Reply 565
Original post by andydb
Does anyone know if they will take into consideration January exam scores if my application has been submitted without them? i.e. I applied in Jan and am waiting for a decision for a taught MSc - would sending them my results (which came out yesterday) make any difference? Cheers in advance if anyone can answer this!

It depends on how good your 1st/2nd year grades were compared to the Jan exams. If they're about the same then it's pretty pointless. If your earlier grades were quite low and you feel your Jan results showcase your abilities better then perhaps you could. Although it does seem a little futile now.

Original post by tonno
So far no one has applied to the Bartlett?

Been about three weeks already yet the system still says "Application Complete". I am starting to be a bit worried.

Haven't applied to the Bartlett but UCL apps tend to take about 6 weeks (so they say!) so don't worry about it yet :smile:
Reply 566
Hi everyone! recently got an offer for MSc (CS Dept) :smile:. Anyone else with offers for the same??
Original post by jansenkoh
nope..heard nothing..my application went in end-Oct..i think perhaps they should give out the first batch of acceptances & and rejects next week, based on past years...do share though once you guys receive news!

Oh man, I only sent mine out in early January. Waiting since October must have been just torture! Well I sure do hope we'll start hearing things now that the due date has come and gone.
Reply 568
Oh man, I only sent mine out in early January. Waiting since October must have been just torture! Well I sure do hope we'll start hearing things now that the due date has come and gone.

Try to call them! That's what I did last year and they told me that I'd be likely to get an offer. I got their offer letter in the post about a month later.
Reply 569
Original post by aeterno

Haven't applied to the Bartlett but UCL apps tend to take about 6 weeks (so they say!) so don't worry about it yet :smile:

Cheers. :smile:

I shall patiently wait... :colondollar:
Hey everyone! I applied for msc economics back in october and haven't heard a word yet :frown:
Anyone has an idea how the selection process goes?
Im an international student from Lebanon,graduated last year from an american university with a GPA of 3.66/4 in economics and currently working as an economics researcher. Can anyone please tell me what my chances are in getting an offer, and when would i be hearing from them? :frown: honestly freaking out !!
regards.
god I desperately want to go to UCL! Please UCL, please, give me a scholarship :frown:
Reply 572
Original post by tonno
Cheers. :smile:

I shall patiently wait... :colondollar:

I got my offer from the Bartlett last week, 5 weeks after the application was complete so don't worry :smile:
Reply 573
Original post by rsq
I got my offer from the Bartlett last week, 5 weeks after the application was complete so don't worry :smile:

I see.. they really take their time :P

Congrats on the offer btw.
What course are you doing?
Reply 574
Original post by tonno
I see.. they really take their time :P

Congrats on the offer btw.
What course are you doing?

Yes but mind you Cambridge is a lot worse! :P

Thank you :smile: I applied for the MSc in International Real Estate and Planing, however I'm still waiting for Cambridge to answer before I decide.

What course did you apply for?
Reply 575
Original post by *Corinna*
god I desperately want to go to UCL! Please UCL, please, give me a scholarship :frown:

me tooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! i agree totally with you Corina!!! :woo:
and as we say in Greece ''the hope dies always last!!"
Original post by AUBstudent
Hey everyone! I applied for msc economics back in october and haven't heard a word yet :frown:
Anyone has an idea how the selection process goes?
Im an international student from Lebanon,graduated last year from an american university with a GPA of 3.66/4 in economics and currently working as an economics researcher. Can anyone please tell me what my chances are in getting an offer, and when would i be hearing from them? :frown: honestly freaking out !!
regards.

I don't think anybody got any offers from economics department yet. It seems that they were waiting for the admissions deadline yesterday (March 1), and now will compare all the applications and decide, who's in, who's out.

As for the chances - who knows? 3.66 is considered equivalent to the First in UK, so obviously you do have some chances, but I doubt anybody can say more than that.
Reply 577
Original post by rsq
Yes but mind you Cambridge is a lot worse! :P

Thank you :smile: I applied for the MSc in International Real Estate and Planing, however I'm still waiting for Cambridge to answer before I decide.

What course did you apply for?

Applying to the same course!!!!

Awww I'm so jealous of you right now :biggrin:
Congrats again.
Reply 578
Original post by tonno
Applying to the same course!!!!

Awww I'm so jealous of you right now :biggrin:
Congrats again.

Ahh I see :smile: Well I'm sure you'll get an offer aswell! Did you also apply to any other courses?

Perhaps I'll see you there :smile:
Reply 579
Original post by rsq
Ahh I see :smile: Well I'm sure you'll get an offer aswell! Did you also apply to any other courses?

Perhaps I'll see you there :smile:

Unfortunately I'm not. I don't see similar courses anywhere (or perhaps I didn't do a research well enough).

Yes, perhaps I'll see you there. *prays*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending