The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2640
hello guys!
I got an offer to study math at Warwick, which requires me taking STEP or AEA. I'm a foundation student and my college don't want to arrange this test(maybe I'm the only candidate), so I found four open centres in London and called them up, most of them said that they had stopped offering this test and the rest of them didn't reply. Moreover, another qualification, AEA, even doesn't seem like it has an updated official webcite.
Since the deadline is coming, I'm so confused and desperate!!! I can't see why Warwick want our life to be more difficult!!!
Could you please help me with this?? Thank you so much!!!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by ZOMBIEK
hello guys!
I got an offer to study math at Warwick, which requires me taking STEP or AEA. I'm a foundation student and my college don't want to arrange this test(maybe I'm the only candidate), so I found four open centres in London and called them up, most of them said that they had stopped offering this test and the rest of them didn't reply. Moreover, another qualification, AEA, even doesn't seem like it has an updated official webcite.
Since the deadline is coming, I'm so confused and desperate!!! I can't see why Warwick want our life to be more difficult!!!
Could you please help me with this?? Thank you so much!!!!

Best bet will be to email the department:

[email protected]

Also drop an email to
[email protected] (Anca Kranenborg)
who works in the undergrad office in the maths department.

024 7652 4661
Phone number as well for the department.
Do most student manage to use Torrent on campus?
Original post by Mousebudden

No.
Reply 2644
Original post by Mousebudden

Nope. But I'm sure you'll find something helpful once you move in :wink:
Original post by kuks

I'm intrigued... :holmes:
They've gotten rid of the £1.85 breakfast at Library Cafe. Not pleased :emo: :mob:
Original post by kuks

Care to elaborate haha
Original post by Nirgilis
They've gotten rid of the £1.85 breakfast at Library Cafe. Not pleased :emo: :mob:

Just in time for exam time when everyone is crammed into the library. Coincidence? I think not.
Reply 2649
Does anyone know how many hours of lectures and seminars a first year law student has every week?

Also, how many exams does a law student have in the first year?

Thank you!
Original post by MaybeLaw
Does anyone know how many hours of lectures and seminars a first year law student has every week?

Also, how many exams does a law student have in the first year?

Thank you!

12hrs of contact time

2 lectures per module every week so around 8 hrs of lectures

Seminars every week or so.
how much is the off campus accommodation in general?
Original post by georgia
Just in time for exam time when everyone is crammed into the library. Coincidence? I think not.

Eugh. It seems to be a lottery as to whether it's absolutely rammed or plenty of free space at the moment. But I've fallen in love with the floor 2 open work space. It's great for group work :yep:
Reply 2653
Original post by yzarcemina
how much is the off campus accommodation in general?

Have a look at http://www.warwicksu.com/forums/topiclist/630/ to see typical prices, on a per person basis.
Original post by Nirgilis
Eugh. It seems to be a lottery as to whether it's absolutely rammed or plenty of free space at the moment. But I've fallen in love with the floor 2 open work space. It's great for group work :yep:

I'm very much a floor 4 girl. I don't like working in noisy areas, and floor 3 is too oppressive but floor 5 is too modern and swish.
Reply 2655
Original post by georgia
I'm very much a floor 4 girl. I don't like working in noisy areas, and floor 3 is too oppressive but floor 5 is too modern and swish.

I'm happy with noisy areas or quiet areas, but what I can't stand is when an area is quiet apart from just one person talking (because you just end up listening to them instead of doing useful stuff). I particularly like it when I'm in an area that's really empty.
Does Farhan go there?
is subletting campus accommodation allowed? say if your contract covers the christmas vacation but you won't be around?
Is the Farhan appreciation society still around?
Reply 2659
Original post by Emissionspectra
Is the Farhan appreciation society still around?

Couldn't find anything with that name, sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest