The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

What happens if you fail a module in second year?

:frown:
I think I'm going to fail a module or two out of 8. I found the two modules really difficult. I think I failed one of the courseworks for one module (I got about 37%) and the other module coursework I just managed to pass (41%). The coursework is worth 25% towards the final mark. I still have the exams to do but I'm finding it really difficult..I think I'm going to fail it. What will happen if I do fail? I'm in second year by the way and the modules are not core modules.
Reply 1
Original post by snowflake23
:frown:
I think I'm going to fail a module or two out of 8. I found the two modules really difficult. I think I failed one of the courseworks for one module (I got about 37%) and the other module coursework I just managed to pass (41%). The coursework is worth 25% towards the final mark. I still have the exams to do but I'm finding it really difficult..I think I'm going to fail it. What will happen if I do fail? I'm in second year by the way and the modules are not core modules.

What's your department?

Summer resit => pass => put it behind you and ace 3rd year which is worth the most anyway :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by snowflake23
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences - Psychology

You'll be fine, your 3rd year is worth 60% right?

Try your best to pass this semester, but if you don't that's what summer resits are for :bigsmile:
Reply 3
resits - marks are normally capped at 40% unless you resit the entire year? Normally though single resits - you take them in the summer, and you only have to resit them if your marks are under the "compromise pass" (35-39%) whereby if you achieve this in a module that isn't a core one, you gain a pass for this module. Check your uni guidelines though, I'm sure it'll work out fine :biggrin: plus like Democracy said, you can ace your third year!!
Reply 4
Anybody has an answer for the same question as the OP but for the Maths department ? Would be really helpful thanks....
Reply 5
Original post by tmx17
Anybody has an answer for the same question as the OP but for the Maths department ? Would be really helpful thanks....

If you fail 1 out of the 8, its an optional resit the following year. And normally if you've passed the first year & you fail > 2 in second your allowed to resit in the summer although I can't 100% confirm this.
From experience also if you've only failed 1 in 2nd year, there is no point resitting it as I am finding out right now: added work on top of 3rd year modules.
I am in second year. I have 4 modules, out of the 4 I only passed 3. What will happen? Will they put me in part time studies just to complete this one module ? I can’t go into part time studies again I am really scared
Original post by Annabelle Ross
I am in second year. I have 4 modules, out of the 4 I only passed 3. What will happen? Will they put me in part time studies just to complete this one module ? I can’t go into part time studies again I am really scared

What did you do with your year and how did it go? I'm in a similar position this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending