The Student Room Group

M2 May 2012 Edexcel - Post Exam Thread - Paper and Solutions in the FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
scrape a D if im lucky...
Reply 41
I got the "bloodbath" question, the one where k=6, correct. God knows how.

Then I go a flop on the tension in the tow-bar question, the moments question and the projectiles.

Someone hold me. :frown:
Reply 42
Original post by DeadBullyMafiosi
Arsey YOUR A LEGEND.
For the impulse question instead of due north I put upwards and showed the direction will I get the marks:s

I would have thought so, that was a really poor question
Reply 43
I flopped badly..
Reply 44
Arsey, in 6 you've said the speed is 20 m/s then 40 m/s.

?
Original post by Arsey
hence my comment about the wording, it means in a vertical plane; rather than sideways (into or out of the paper, z-axis)

Are you sure?? Would we seriously lose marks for something like this...it's entirely Edexcel's fault that I didn't get this question right! Would I still get 2 marks for working out Y and its direction? I mean, I've seen a past paper where they ask for the horizontal component and they literally just want to know if it's going left or right...
Original post by snow leopard
Would 1/6<e<1 be acceptable, or does it have to be 1/6<e≤1?

I did that aswell.
Reply 47
Yeah 3b was stupidly worded - but magnitude+direction means you've got to find the resultant and the angle to horizontal in which it acts.
Reply 48
Original post by Arsey
hence my comment about the wording, it means in a vertical plane; rather than sideways (into or out of the paper, z-axis)

but it didn't specify this; they must surely exclude this mark from the paper?
Original post by Arsey
I would have thought so, that was a really poor question

And part c of the last question was the worst out of them all!

I took 3 separate sheets and had a loads of crossing over but essentially , if the examiner reads well I have got 60-65 UMS? DO you reckon examiners penalise for untidiness?
I calculated accellaration wrong use 1200a instead of 1600a will I get e.c.f marks?
Original post by Arsey

See, I went the whole hog and found the magnitude and angle from the horizontal. Didn't bother reading the question when I redid it. Probably luckily so. But worth more than 4 marks.
Reply 52
As bad as you've made me feel Arsey, haha, thanks a lot for the solutions and for the general help in this thread on behalf of everyone.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow for FP1. :smile:
Reply 53
in question 6, how can the speed of it be 20 ms-1 but the velocity 40 ms-1 upwards?
Surprised I scribbled down some stuff and got k=6 in the last 5 minutes :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by ss_1995
Yeah 3b was stupidly worded - but magnitude+direction means you've got to find the resultant and the angle to horizontal in which it acts.

But it didn't ask for the magnitude and direction of the force, it asked for the magnitude and direction of the vertical component of said force.
Original post by Arsey

That's absolute crap wording! Guess I'll have to make up the A* in FP2/3 :/

Thanks for the answers - put me out of my misery to some extent :frown:
Just worked out I've got around 60/75~

Hopefully an A, I got the 'bloodbath' question right but got nothing on the impulse question and the first two parts of the towbar question :angry:
Original post by Hamburglar
As bad as you've made me feel Arsey, haha, thanks a lot for the solutions and for the general help in this thread on behalf of everyone.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow for FP1. :smile:

Don't let it affect you mate - best of luck with FP1 :smile:

The boundaries will be low and you can do well in the others too :biggrin:
Reply 59
Original post by oli_G
Arsey, in 6 you've said the speed is 20 m/s then 40 m/s.

?

oh yeah, I meant to delete that... I manked it the first time of trying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending