The Student Room Group

Man kills another man when he walks in on him sexually abusing his 4-year old daughte

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.
The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.
The incident took place Saturday.

Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."
Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him." Harmon described the dad as "very remorseful," adding that he didn't know the man was going to die.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html

If the account is true then I can't say I give a **** that his dead, actually that's a lie I kinda think it's a good thing that sick **** died. I can't see a Jury indicting him so hopefully he'll be released to help his traumatized daughter.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm sorry, he was known for his horse grooming abilities!?

But yeah - he was well within his rights. It sounds like he didn't mean to kill the man. And it would be awful if he were convicted for the crime in terms of his daughter; imagine having gone through that and having your Daddy locked up too.
(edited 11 years ago)
Perhaps you could class it as self defence on behalf of someone who couldn't defend themselves?

I hardly blame the guy.
Reply 3
good stuff another freak leaves this world if I caught someone in the act of raping my future children I would probaby kill them aswell the guy deserved everything he got and the father should be released without charge.
Harmon described the girl as "OK besides the obvious mental trauma."

Right :lolwut:
Reply 5
One less scum in the world.
Surely the man could plead temporary insanity ? If seeing someone raping your daughter isn't enough to qualify for that, I don't see what is...
Reply 7
Ever see Law Abiding Citizen?
Reply 8
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Right :lolwut:

as in the girl wasn't physically injured
in before some idiot defends the abuser for being a poor, misunderstood paedophile
(edited 11 years ago)
I'd do the exact same thing and so would most dads who walked in on that. In fact no, i'm happy to admit that i'd go and get a knife and slice that ****'s penis off while he's awake.

Honestly, i think that there should be an exemption towards prosecution in these sorts of cases, just think about that initial emotion the dad would feel as he walks in and sees that disgusting pervert do that to his daughter.

I don't care how callous it sounds or how emotionally abused someone is; any adult who sexually abuses a 4 year old child deserves to get tortured or should be dead. It makes me sick to my stomach and there's no excuse in existence that can justify that sort of thing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Justified.
Original post by Shabalala
as in the girl wasn't physically injured

Yeah I know but the sentence just sounds odd, "Yeah she'll be fine, just a bit of mental trauma."
Original post by Roaroaroar
If the account is true then I can't say I give a **** that his dead, actually that's a lie I kinda think it's a good thing that sick **** died. I can't see a Jury indicting him so hopefully he'll be released to help his traumatized daughter.

If you read to the end, you'll see that the father is actually upset that the man died, as he didn't intend to kill him.

Absolutely, the father did the right thing in defending his daughter, and I'm sure that any father in that situation would want to beat the living hell out of the guy, but the guy didn't deserve to die like that, without a fair trial.

I feel pretty sorry for the father. He probably just got caught up in the moment and went further than he meant, and even if he isn't charged (which he shouldn't be), he has to live with the whole thing.
Reply 14
Original post by FrogInABog
If you read to the end, you'll see that the father is actually upset that the man died, as he didn't intend to kill him.

Absolutely, the father did the right thing in defending his daughter, and I'm sure that any father in that situation would want to beat the living hell out of the guy, but the guy didn't deserve to die like that, without a fair trial.

I feel pretty sorry for the father. He probably just got caught up in the moment and went further than he meant, and even if he isn't charged (which he shouldn't be), he has to live with the whole thing.

You don't need a trial to tell you that a guy is guilty of molesting you're daughter. This isn't a second-hand account, you can literally see the guy molesting your daughter. That father is a better man than me 'cause I would not be sorry one bit about killing a sick mother****a like that.
Citizen walked in on a serious crime being committed
Citizen attempted to intervene
Citizen saved the victim which accidentally resulted in the death of the perpetrator

Don't see why he would be indicted for that, he has shown remorse for the death and can't see anything to suggest it wasn't accidental.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by FrogInABog

jesus wept a fair trial there is no need when you find someone with their dick inside a 4 year old little girl that's enough evidence and that guy lost all his human rights as soon as he started raping her.

The father is obviousley going to say that to give himself the best possible chance of escaping punishment if he starts saying he is glad he killed him then there is more chance of him being prosecuted and facing a potential jail sentence which would have made the impact even worse on his daughter.
I would have done the exact same thing, to be quite perfectly honest.
Provided the father's intent was not to kill the man, simply to defend his daughter from the attack then he has done nothing wrong whatsoever. It is unfortunate when anyone dies, but given the circumstances I can't see how anyone can be blamed other than the molester himself.
Original post by tibbles209
It is unfortunate when anyone dies

It's is, in fact, fortunate when problems are removed from society permanently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending