The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Original post by alexsasg
All the stuff on action potentials is just SO long!

lool ikr!!
Reply 4001
Can anyone list and describe all of the performance enhancing drugs?

It's just the CGP guide only mentions a few and I swear there is more
Reply 4002
What do you think is gonna come tomorrow?
Reply 4003
Original post by iesians
guys mark my word(s) :tongue:
visual cortex thingy will NOT come !

i hope so too.well we will see how.haha
Reply 4004
Original post by iesians

Is that everything on the eye? You dont think its going to come up? Thank god lol hate that topic

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 4005
lost notes on performance enhancing drugs too
Original post by iesians

hope so, what makes you think that though? :P
I think a lot of the topics that I'm not very fond of came up in the January '12 paper so hopefully they don't repeat things in tomorrow's paper :rolleyes:
Reply 4008
BLEGHHH I feel sick when I think about how little I've revised for this! :'(

I have to get an A otherwise no uni! sorry for the moan..
Reply 4009
Original post by d_94
What do you think is gonna come tomorrow?

I have attached the unit 5 topic 7 notes a few pages back on this thread. I will attach the unit 5 topic 8 notes now.
Reply 4010
Original post by ferra
me want too.do quote me as well :biggrin:

I have attached the unit 5 topic 7 notes a few pages back on this thread. I will attach the unit 5 topic 8 notes now.
Reply 4011
Original post by Bright
BLEGHHH I feel sick when I think about how little I've revised for this! :'(

I have to get an A otherwise no uni! sorry for the moan..

Its ok i feel the exact same! Need an A :frown: wah

Reply 4012
Oh looking at the Jan 2012 paper I am so glad of some of the things that came up!
Sliding Filament theory come up tomorrow! I think action potentials, blah will come up!

I'll do some more guessing soon.

+can someone give me a summary of transcription factors, promoter regions etc please
Reply 4013
Original post by 19941994
Its ok i feel the exact same! Need an A :frown: wah

Do you need an A on this to get an A?
One of the problems with this exam is so many people do well because they need the grades to get into uni and is often their most important exam, this leads to grade boundries being slightly higher :frown:

I want people to do well, but not to cost me my place at uni :frown:
Original post by Bright
Oh looking at the Jan 2012 paper I am so glad of some of the things that came up!
Sliding Filament theory come up tomorrow! I think action potentials, blah will come up!

I'll do some more guessing soon.

+can someone give me a summary of transcription factors, promoter regions etc please

so sliding filament theory is likely to come up??? that would make me SO happy!! do you think much of the plant stuff will? I've never really been interested enough in plants to revise it well :frown:
Reply 4016
Guys do we need to know the structure of eye in detail?:confused:
Reply 4017
Original post by Bright
Do you need an A on this to get an A?

Well i actually have no idea lol, i did the whole A level in one year so i havent got my results for the coursework, or units 2 and 4! So to be on the safe side I need to do well in this exam incase i did badly in the others, so yeah aiming for an A lol. What about you?

Reply 4018
Original post by pandoraclaire
so sliding filament theory is likely to come up??? that would make me SO happy!! do you think much of the plant stuff will? I've never really been interested enough in plants to revise it well :frown:

I hope so I love that! (partly because it is one of the few things I know :frown:) lool and plant! ..not sure I need to do past papers to properly guess.

I'm not interested in it either.. esp when they make a bloody experiment with it ¬____¬
Original post by rudizzy123
One of the problems with this exam is so many people do well because they need the grades to get into uni and is often their most important exam, this leads to grade boundries being slightly higher :frown:

I want people to do well, but not to cost me my place at uni :frown:

grade boundaries for an a for the past few exams:
june 10, A: 57% B: 51% C: 46%
jan 11, A: 64% B: 58% C: 51%
june 11, A: 66% B: 59% C: 52%
jan 12, A: 66% B: 59% C: 53%

its really not as bad as you would think :smile: just need to get the pre release sorted and answer short and sharp instead of long explanations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending