The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
please will somebody explain to me why the stalked particles H+ moves through is ATPase instead of ATPsynthase. If ATP is made when they diffuse through shouldn't it be synthase?
Original post by JizzMan
Last exam, LEEEAVE IT YEAH

Gonna flop this for sure; thought I had it all under control but when I did the past papers i realized its a whole different story... oh well, here's to hoping my coursework will help me pull through for the overall grade

DENCH two twos yeah
Reply 4202
does anyone have a link to any good revision notes on the net for this unit ? plz help .. i will rep you every single day for 10 days :biggrin: lol
Reply 4203
does anyone have a link to any good revision notes on the net for this unit ? plz help .. i will rep you every single day for 10 days lol
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?0axz4vqmxxyq1at
http://www.scribd.com/doc/89838095/Scientific-Article-Questions-Answers-by-Stafford-Final
Original post by ellie3
please will somebody explain to me why the stalked particles H+ moves through is ATPase instead of ATPsynthase. If ATP is made when they diffuse through shouldn't it be synthase?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but ATPase and ATP Synthase are both the same enzyme I believe, or at least they are where the mark scheme is concerned. I had such a confusion when revising for BIO4 in January.
Reply 4205
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but ATPase and ATP Synthase are both the same enzyme I believe, or at least they are where the mark scheme is concerned. I had such a confusion when revising for BIO4 in January.
yup
Reply 4206
Original post by rudizzy123
Don't take my word for it because you never know. If you haven't revised and have got limited time then i'd reccomend leaving it out.

I think I know everything in syllabus now excluding past units, what will trip me up in this exam as usual is how science works, ethics, maths questions, poor interpretation and running out of time (as usual) :frown:

On an additional note, dont people find it odd when people leave exams early?

saaaame heree!!!! :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

ya its really weird last year in AS i saw a gurl she just wrote her name ,went through the paper for few minutes then closed her paper and slept zzzzzzz !!!!:eek: and finally went out of the exam laughing :eek::eek::eek: i was totally astonished!!! these r weird ppl
(edited 11 years ago)
Pfr is needed for the plant to be able to germinate/flower isn't it?
Reply 4208
Original post by bertiejess
Pfr is needed for the plant to be able to germinate/flower isn't it?

Yep it is the biologically active form, red light transfers Pr to Pfr
Reply 4209
please please please could someone upload jan 12 and MS as an attachement, I will love you forever ! pleaaseee i'm desperate :frown:
Reply 4210
can someone explain what the refractory period and all or nothing principle is pleasssse?
found this ques interesting :smile:

explain why these changes in the percentage distribution of blood during exercise are neccessary.
(5marks)

1. muscle contracts faster during exercise
2. needs more ATP
3. more glucose/O2 needed
4, more CO2 removed
5. blood diverted away from less important parts
6. increase in blood flow to the skin to lose heat
7. to maintain temperature (thermoregulation)

ciao! biology 5=nightmare D:
Reply 4212
Original post by rudizzy123
DENCH two twos yeah

ha, you know about the kling kling

"women have a relationship with food"
that's a pretty weird image
How do transcription factors work while in the nucleus?
Reply 4214
Original post by Cleoleo
please please please could someone upload jan 12 and MS as an attachement, I will love you forever ! pleaaseee i'm desperate :frown:

here ya go
Reply 4215
Original post by Terrorofgirlscouts
How do transcription factors work while in the nucleus?

do we have to know about transcription factors?
Original post by JizzMan

There a mention of it in the Pre-release and i just couldn't remember how they work.... do they attach to the DNA or mRNA?
:confused:
With respect to the article, would they quote something from it and then ask us a question based on biological knowledge e.g stuff from this and other units or would they simply ask us a question straight from the article e.g. "What is the protein linked to the development of BAT?"

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4218
Original post by JizzMan

I think just a very basic understanding of how transcriptional factors will be enough. As in they switch on genes which were previously switched off hence altering the gene expression and cause transcription of different mRNA
Reply 4219
Original post by SLlewellyn

Ahh thanks. I think the beginning of the CGP revision guide confused me cos it had ATPase breaking down ATP and ATPsynthase reforming it. Mark schemes seem to only want ATPase anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending