The Student Room Group

Cardiff University - Kitten Murders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Cardiff University rejects the accusation this experiment is cruel or unnecessary. Some might possibly be able to argue that its necessary but that its not cruel? wow... I'd like to see their reactions if someone sewed up their kiddies eyes when they were born and then had them put down...
Reply 41
curiosity killed the cat
Reply 42
Original post by cl_steele
Cardiff University rejects the accusation this experiment is cruel or unnecessary. Some might possibly be able to argue that its necessary but that its not cruel? wow... I'd like to see their reactions if someone sewed up their kiddies eyes when they were born and then had them put down...

The vast majority of the population considers animals rights to be far far lower than humans, by simply eating meat you are supporting the orginised killing of thousands of animals.

Not saying eating meat is wrong, just that it is no different to many other things called "cruel" because it isn't cute kittens being eaten, its ugly chickens.
Reply 43
Original post by james22
The vast majority of the population considers animals rights to be far far lower than humans, by simply eating meat you are supporting the orginised killing of thousands of animals.

Not saying eating meat is wrong, just that it is no different to many other things called "cruel" because it isn't cute kittens being eaten, its ugly chickens.

Oh dont get me wrong im not a radical animal lover by any means, although i must say kittens are rather cute:rolleyes:, but sewing their eyes shut is really quite barbaric which ever way you look at things isnt it and isnt near enough essential to our survival...
Original post by TheQuietOne
I know this research needs to be done and may well prove extremely useful, but at the same time it's such a horrible thing. I don't understand how people can take part in it. :frown:

Imagine the person you care about the most in the entire universe falling severely/permanently/mortally ill and animal research can potentially help them. I imagine that is how many people manage to conduct it.

I imagine it's harder to take for people because cats are a common pet animal and cute. I love cats myself but end of the day what afflicts us is blind to things like cuteness and the like so our research has to sometimes be blind to. (forgive the pun)
(edited 11 years ago)
Why didn't they just cover their eyes with an eyepatch or something? Would have saved money and be less cruel.
I think that for me the problem is how they chose to blind the kittens. Surely there were other less invasive ways to simulate blindness.
They should have used the researchers pets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending