The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Tesco,
£8 an hour with time and a half for Sundays & Bank Holidays and +£2ph for working between 10-2am and +£4ph for working 2-6am.
9.5 hours a week, not contracted for any starts earlier than nine or finishes later than seven.
Good (unpaid) breaks & lots of overtime going too, on loads of different departments :cute:
Photographer/Graphic Designer for a bar in my town.
£8 an hour.
8-15 hours a week.
Pretty sweet wee job, helped me pay for driving lessons when I really needed to start taking them :biggrin:
I volunteer at a local charity shop and I get paid... nothing :frown:

why the neg lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Harry.K
loool people take this whole neg rep/pos rep system way too seriously.

You got negged. Get over it.

and you just quoted me on something I posted ages ago.

Well done...
New Look: £6,10 per hour
Tutoring: £9-£15 per hour
Babysitting: £5-£10 per hour
Receptionist at a youth hostel, 40 hours a week, good old minimum wage.
Lifeguard/leisure assistant

£7.20 per hour
I work as a Causal Receptionist at A GLL Leisure Centre in Greenwich.
As we are short staffed at the moment I get a good lot of shifts!
I get paid £6.11 an hour and I'm sixteen.
I'm very grateful for my job :smile:
£5.57 an hour at a little kids theme park. Not bad for how easy the job is :smile:
Will shame you all however

Job Title : Officaly - Director Un-offically - Gaffer, Boss.
Hours : Loads however try stick to a normal 37hours
Pay : Min take home is £50kpa + yearly profit bonus.

Company pay is Start at £6.65ph up to most is my General Assistant who gets 45k a year

The company makes good profit however I prefer to give for my staff higher pay and rewards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TA Solider
Job Title : Private
Hours : 6 hours on Tuesday and some weekends
Pay : Its just under £8
However I done this from age of 18 and actually just keep doing it coz I enjoy it. Got some good mates and love the action.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 250
Teddington
Accounts Assistant
£15 per hour.

I just turned 20 in May :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 251
First job was for £3 an hour. Current £13. Working on the aircraft carrier woo (its actually really boring)
Original post by Hanvyj
First job was for £3 an hour. Current £13. Working on the aircraft carrier woo (its actually really boring)

Awesome what qualifications do you need for that ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 253
Original post by CosmicVengeance
Awesome what qualifications do you need for that ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I did a physics degree, came out with a first and spent a year developing software (self taught) for mass spectrometers.

Most people I work with did an engineering degree and spent a year in an industry placement though!
Original post by Mevans32
Tesco,
£8 an hour with time and a half for Sundays & Bank Holidays and +£2ph for working between 10-2am and +£4ph for working 2-6am.
9.5 hours a week, not contracted for any starts earlier than nine or finishes later than seven.
Good (unpaid) breaks & lots of overtime going too, on loads of different departments :cute:

Just out of interest what are the breaks like? I've applied there & was unsuccessful after the interview unfortunately however I keep checking for vacancies there again.
Reply 255
What is the minimum wage? I just turned 16 and want to get a job.
Original post by jcholzz

At 16 its £3.68
Reply 257
Small country in the middle of the Caribbean.

I've got a degree

Working it out, comes to roughly £4.80 per hour, before taxes. Which is a decent (though by no means great) wage over here
Reply 258
Original post by jcholzz

Breaks are unpaid, but pretty reasonable 15 mins for 4 hours, 30 mins for 6 hours, 45 mins for 7 hours, 1 hour for 8 hours 1 and a half hours for nine hours or work mulitple shifts and have a gap inbetween.
Oh and under 18's get the breaks of the time above, so half an hour for four hours and two hours for nine hours- but that's voluntary for them
+ remember that you get something like £7.12 when you start, but it's always increasing, when I started in September 2009 it was £5.70 (:
Original post by Mevans32
Breaks are unpaid, but pretty reasonable 15 mins for 4 hours, 30 mins for 6 hours, 45 mins for 7 hours, 1 hour for 8 hours 1 and a half hours for nine hours or work mulitple shifts and have a gap inbetween.
Oh and under 18's get the breaks of the time above, so half an hour for four hours and two hours for nine hours- but that's voluntary for them
+ remember that you get something like £7.12 when you start, but it's always increasing, when I started in September 2009 it was £5.70 (:

Thank you, I was really impressed with the wage, not what you expect for a self-stacking job :smile: do you tend to work on a particular department? What kind of Tesco is it like Express, Metro...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending