The Student Room Group

LNAT panic 2012/2013 thread

Coming up so soon... hope the essay choices are okay :afraid:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Me too! How are you preparing for it may I ask?
Reply 2
Original post by Alevelstudent1908
Me too! How are you preparing for it may I ask?

I did mine a few years ago, but I can recommend "Mastering the LNAT" by Mark Shepherd (much harder than the real questions!), along with (old specification) OCR Critical Thinking Unit 2 and Unit 4 papers, which have a multiple choice element. :smile:
When is everybody taking their test?
Reply 4
Should be LNAT panic 2013 thread.
Reply 5
Make sure you try the sample tests, so that you are familiar with the layout. Also gives you a chance to work out the timing you'll need.
Reply 6
Yeah, I should have put 2012/2013 in the thread title.

Mine's on 1st October.
Original post by berryripple
Yeah, I should have put 2012/2013 in the thread title.

Mine's on 1st October.

Eek, that's quite soon.

How long have you spent preparing for it?
Reply 8
Well, do the practice tests online. But otherwise, the LNAT is a pretty easy exam. So long as you get over a 16-18 on the multiple choice and write a good essay, you will do really well. All those books for prep and all that are really overkill.
Reply 9
Original post by Defragmentation
Eek, that's quite soon.

How long have you spent preparing for it?

Not very long. I did a bit of work on critical thinking in the summer but all I've done apart from that is 1 practice (doing another on Monday.) I got 29 in the practice but have seen people saying on here in previous years that the real thing is much harder.
Original post by tehforum
x

Hey there, just wanted to ask a quick question.

For the LNAT Essay, do you get a choice from three or five questions?
Reply 11
Hey there, just wanted to ask a quick question.

For the LNAT Essay, do you get a choice from three or five questions?

It used to be five but it's three now.
It used to be five but it's three now.

That makes it so much more depressing!

I'm pretty confident about the multiple choice section, but I am genuinely freaking out about the essay :X.
Reply 13

I'm pretty confident about the multiple choice section, but I am genuinely freaking out about the essay :X.

yep, same problem here!

Yes the essay is the scary part especially because although I'm aware about a lot of the current affairs/ wider issues which is what usually the essays are based on, I don't know any of them in a lot of depth to write an essay about.
I'm doing absolutely awful in all the practices in Mark Shepherd's book :frown: *cries*

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16
Original post by La_Mignonne
I'm doing absolutely awful in all the practices in Mark Shepherd's book :frown: *cries*

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Don't worry! The questions in the Shepherd book are well known to be much harder than the actual test :smile:
yep, same problem here!

Original post by Roshniroxy
Yes the essay is the scary part especially because although I'm aware about a lot of the current affairs/ wider issues which is what usually the essays are based on, I don't know any of them in a lot of depth to write an essay about.

I'm finding it so difficult to write an introduction, never really been good at them and tend to avoid writing them as it often wastes time in exams.
Original post by Grenville
Don't worry! The questions in the Shepherd book are well known to be much harder than the actual test :smile:

I just got 13/30 :frown:
I'm finding it so difficult to write an introduction, never really been good at them and tend to avoid writing them as it often wastes time in exams.

judgement, opinion, basically explain how you're going to address the question and add your own judgement as well :smile:

That's what we do in history so i'm planning on using the same structure simply because I don't know any better.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending