The Student Room Group

Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering Applicants 2013

Can't seem to find a thread for Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering Applicants, so post offers and discussions here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where have people applied? Any offers?
Bath Bristol Manchester Sheffield and Loughborough, Offers from Bath and Sheffield, definite offer with interview to discuss grades with Loughborough and interview with Manchester you?
Reply 3
I've applied to Bristol, Bath, Imperial, Manchester & Swansea. Interview with Manchester & Imperial this month. I've heard a lot of people have got offers from bath... Wondering why I haven't :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Yeah Ive heard of alot from Bath, mine came through really quickly, Manchester interview on 14th yeah?
Original post by kapowis
I've applied to Bristol, Bath, Imperial, Manchester & Swansea. Interview with Manchester & Imperial this month. I've heard a lot of people have got offers from bath... Wondering why I haven't :tongue:

What subjects are you doing at A-leve. what did you get in AS and what are you predicted for A2. Also what where your gcse and do you think they are very important and also did you have any work experience
Reply 6
Im doing maths, physics, chemistry and an as in further maths. Predicted a*s in all except the as obviously- where i'm predicted an a.
For as i had a's in maths and chem... Then two off an a in physics.
Ive done work experience at ge aviation, taken part in an engineering scheme and went on a 3 day engineering scheme.

Original post by kapowis
Im doing maths, physics, chemistry and an as in further maths. Predicted a*s in all except the as obviously- where i'm predicted an a.
For as i had a's in maths and chem... Then two off an a in physics.
Ive done work experience at ge aviation, taken part in an engineering scheme and went on a 3 day engineering scheme.

wow very well-done. I am doing maths,physics,chemistry and politics. I am also looking for work experience. also what did you get for gcse
Reply 8
Gcses- got a*s in maths chem and physics (the subjects i took for alevel) then a's in everything else but english lang and art. (Not sure why i took art in the first place)! You?

Reply 9
Got offers from Sheffield and Loughborough (AAA) and from Bristol (A*AA). Also got an interview at Leeds on the 28th and will hopefully have an interview at Cambridge in the coming weeks! Anyone going to Sheffield on Wednesday?
Reply 10
Offer for Bristol A* A! Will anyone be at the visitor day on the 5th?

Hey guys i have applied to Hertfordsire, Coventry, Queen Mary London, Kingston
AS Physics - A, Predicted - A
AS Maths - B, Predicted - A
AS Business - U, Predicted - D <--- IDK HOW :frown:

Do you think i can get any unconditional offers based of these grades?? Personal Statement isnt the best but is ok :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by MrConfusedDotCom
Hey guys i have applied to Hertfordsire, Coventry, Queen Mary London, Kingston
AS Physics - A, Predicted - A
AS Maths - B, Predicted - A
AS Business - U, Predicted - D <--- IDK HOW :frown:

Do you think i can get any unconditional offers based of these grades?? Personal Statement isnt the best but is ok :biggrin:

those choices are good but you can replace some of them with better ones? have you had a look at sheffield, bristol, uwe, manchester, brunel?
Yeah i was looking at the top Uni's, however i dont see myself actually hitting or bettering my predicting grades, Year 13 is SOLID, and i just cant seem to wrap my head around any of my subjects :frown:
Reply 14
Yeah i was looking at the top Uni's, however i dont see myself actually hitting or bettering my predicting grades, Year 13 is SOLID, and i just cant seem to wrap my head around any of my subjects :frown:

you'll still have the same degree regardless of wat university the only thing is the "better" universities will have slighty better departments and maybe better research in the field but not really a huge difference tbh :tongue:....why not apply for a foundation year if ur scared u might not make the grades
Reply 15
i have recieved offers from bath bristol southampton (A*AA) and sheffield (AAB) for aerospace engineering, and an interview at my fifth choice surrey. now i just have to get the grades. GCSE (6A* 3A 2B) AS grades are AABC and my predicted grades are A*AA, my grades so that you can compare.
Original post by a10
you'll still have the same degree regardless of wat university the only thing is the "better" universities will have slighty better departments and maybe better research in the field but not really a huge difference tbh :tongue:....why not apply for a foundation year if ur scared u might not make the grades

I have applied for 2 Foundation Degrees :biggrin:

One at Hertfordshire, where im hopping to end up, either in the extended course or normal Beng course :biggrin:
Reply 17
I have applied for 2 Foundation Degrees :biggrin:

One at Hertfordshire, where im hopping to end up, either in the extended course or normal Beng course :biggrin:

foundation degree? or foundation year? I would have gone with foundation year just so u can only spend 1 year learning the basics then spend the other years after that doing the proper degree as opposed to a foundation degree thats 2 solid years or more..
I have applied to Glasgow, Liverpool, leicester, Teesside and Sheffield Hallam..... I have offers from Glasgow (ABB) leicester (BBB) and Sheffield Hallam (240 points) and got an interview for Teesside tomorrow :s-smilie: and a visit day at Liverpool some time in February. I took maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. So far got an A-level B and 2 AS levels BC
Original post by a10
foundation degree? or foundation year? I would have gone with foundation year just so u can only spend 1 year learning the basics then spend the other years after that doing the proper degree as opposed to a foundation degree thats 2 solid years or more..

Hmm well as my name states im confused lol. Ermm it says that i spend 1 year at College, and then the rest at Uni :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest