The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Modern Languages for International Business?

I'm currently a first year student French and Spanish at the University of Nottingham, but due to general unhappiness with the course content/standard of teaching, I've been looking into dropping out at the end of this year and reapplying for French for International Business at UCLan, either for 2013 or 2014 entry. I just wondered if anybody studies/has studied this course, and if anyone has, what did you think of it? Also, is this course likely to go into clearing/allow applications after the Jan deadline, or will I have to apply for 2014 entry?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by poetryofthedeed
I'm currently a first year student French and Spanish at the University of Nottingham, but due to general unhappiness with the course content/standard of teaching, I've been looking into dropping out at the end of this year and reapplying for French for International Business at UCLan, either for 2013 or 2014 entry. I just wondered if anybody studies/has studied this course, and if anyone has, what did you think of it? Also, is this course likely to go into clearing/allow applications after the Jan deadline, or will I have to apply for 2014 entry?

Thanks!

Hi This is UCLan, besides trying to contact a student, for their views about the course, you might also like to contact the school of Languages and International Studies to see if you can get any further advice or information, their contact details are [email protected] Hope this will help you.

Kind regards
UCLan.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2

Thanks!

hi sorry just noticed this and as i'm applying for 2013 i wondered what was wrong with the course at notts?
Original post by rac1
hi sorry just noticed this and as i'm applying for 2013 i wondered what was wrong with the course at notts?

Well I posted this over Christmas when I was pretty miserable at the concept of going back - have to say I'm happier with staying on instead of transferring now, but anyway.

I can't speak for post A-Level Spanish, as I'm a beginner, but there's a lot of literature -for beginners, one of the two compulsory modules is Spanish Lit. I only have GCSE English Lit, so I'm finding it harder than those with the AS or A2. However, if that doesn't bother you, or you have a passion for literature, go for it. Don't let this colour your vision of Notts though, it's a genuinely great place to be, and location-wise, I couldn't think of anywhere better.
Reply 4
Well I posted this over Christmas when I was pretty miserable at the concept of going back - have to say I'm happier with staying on instead of transferring now, but anyway.

I can't speak for post A-Level Spanish, as I'm a beginner, but there's a lot of literature -for beginners, one of the two compulsory modules is Spanish Lit. I only have GCSE English Lit, so I'm finding it harder than those with the AS or A2. However, if that doesn't bother you, or you have a passion for literature, go for it. Don't let this colour your vision of Notts though, it's a genuinely great place to be, and location-wise, I couldn't think of anywhere better.

Geesh that sounds bad wasn't there an ab initio course. I haven't applied to Notts in the end, just sending it off now, i think i'm hapy with my choices.
Original post by rac1
Geesh that sounds bad wasn't there an ab initio course. I haven't applied to Notts in the end, just sending it off now, i think i'm hapy with my choices.

There was an ab initio course, but I have the GCSE already. As long as you're happy, all's good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending