The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cheetahs56
He's in Dubai recovering- Fergie said he'll be back in the team when he's fully fit.
I was slightly dubious about that. Regardless of the situation he's going to say that.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I guess we're still the most hated club in the 'Kingdom

I guess you are right!

West Ham away next.
Hernandez is cocky.
PL so far...

Top Goal Scorer - Man United/RvP

Top Assists - Man United/Rooney

.. Yep, we are definitely in the right position - first.

Very dissapointed about Rooney's injury I wanted him to keep that playmaking game up.
I'm not really missing Rooney at the moment to be honest but a Kagawa- RVP, Rooney scenario excites me.
winning 4-0 away to wigan isn't a reason to not miss Rooney, he is our most important player, we need him fully fit to take out madrid for sure for sure.
Reply 146
Great performance.
Reply 147
Original post by UnknownGuy
Hernandez is cocky.

Hernandez is possibly the most humble player in the PL.
I always love how happy Hernandez looks whenever he scores.
Loved this move just before the final whistle (gif by IrishCelt83 on Redcafe):

Original post by SirMasterKey
I always love how happy Hernandez looks whenever he scores.

This. Also love his post-match interviews, always says the right stuff and it seems very sincere.
Reply 150
Welbeck, RVP, Hernandez

Young, Rooney, Valencia

Evra, Evans, Vidic, Rafeal

De Gea

Subs: Lindegaard, Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand, Jones, Kagawa, Carrick, Cleverley
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 151
Original post by Mastermind`
Loved this move just before the final whistle (gif by IrishCelt83 on Redcafe):

This. Also love his post-match interviews, always says the right stuff and it seems very sincere.

Yeah that move was sexy. Contender for goal of the season if it had resulted in a goal.
Original post by UnknownGuy
Hernandez is cocky.

Nonsense.

Also, subbed :h:
Reply 153
If only it was any other striker than Welbeck. Drifting out wide and getting into space he is fine, but i swear the guy just runs into defenders with no real attempt to take them on every single time.
Reply 154
subbed :biggrin:
Original post by aabbc
subbed :biggrin:

Wait, how do you 'sub'?:colondollar:
Reply 156
Was a strange match today. Martinez gets a lot of credit for his tactics but he sent a team out that had absolutely no belief they could get anything from the game. It doesn't matter how you set yourselves up if your players have no committment or urgency. The tempo was very very slow for most of the match and that suited us, especially in a defensive sense, Ferdinand and Evans are a very flimsy partnership against quick attacks but today was just how they like to defend.

We did what we needed to very well, the front 2 were good and seem to play well together, but I don't think much can be read into it because Wigan were just going through the motions.
Reply 157
Some flick n tricks plus RvPs goal

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

That goal, :coma: The guy is class and he knows it too.
Excellent game today, started of slow but once we scored Wigan looked helpless. So 9 League games without defeat now, we really are in some tremendous form. Another game without Wayne Rooney and we coped, remember us really struggling as a team without him a while back. Just a mention of Carrick too, has been in excellent form of late, long may it continue. Cracking atmosphere btw.

(edited 11 years ago)

You sub to a thread when you post.
SAF's post match comments suggest we won't be bring anyone in this window. I want another midfielder, but I'd prefer to wait until summer and get the exact one we need rather than the one we can get now. I can't think of anyone that is going to significantly increase our chances against the likes of Madrid, and we have enough for the PL especially now 7 points clear. Looking at it now, we only dropped 11 points in the first half of the season, if we can replicate that form it really asks the question of the others.

Latest