The Student Room Group

Not attending exam! Please I need advices!

I have paid for 6 a level maths exam as a private candidate, I dont want to attend because currently i'm studying 2nd year BTEC, i have already received 5 conditional offers from universities, and have chosen King's college as firm choice, in UCAS it says "This offer is subject to you obtaining BTEC Extended Diploma DDD"

The problem now is that I don't see any point of attending these 6 exams as i have already received offers, I want to put more time and effort into what i'm studying now.

I want to know what will happen if i don't go?
what should i do now? (please don't tell me to just sit the exam)
I have put the grades on UCAS as pending, is it likely the university going to decline the given offer after they saw i have not attended exams? (I didn't mention anything about this exam in personal statement, It was applied with BTEC prediction grades)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Abinimbed
I have paid for 6 a level maths exam as a private candidate, I dont want to attend because currently i'm studying 2nd year BTEC, i have already received 5 conditional offers from universities, and have chosen King's college as firm choice, in UCAS it says "This offer is subject to you obtaining BTEC Extended Diploma DDD"

The problem now is that I don't see any point of attending these 6 exams as i have already received offers, I want to put more time and effort into what i'm studying now.

I want to know what will happen if i don't go?
what should i do now? (please don't tell me to just sit the exam)
I have put the grades on UCAS as pending, is it likely the university going to decline the given offer after they saw i have not attended exams?

Nothing will happen if you don't go, but please tell the centre in advance - otherwise they may delay the start of the exam whilst trying to track you down and this can be upsetting for nervous candidates waiting to start.
Tell the exam centre. It will be too late to get a refund.
Not sure.
I'd got because A Level Maths is always good to have.
Reply 3
Original post by Data
Nothing will happen if you don't go, but please tell the centre in advance - otherwise they may delay the start of the exam whilst trying to track you down and this can be upsetting for nervous candidates waiting to start.
Tell the exam centre. It will be too late to get a refund.
Not sure.

This this this this this this this this.
Many times have I had to wait 10 minutes because of some idiot refusing to turn up at the correct time.
Reply 4
Please I need more advises!
Original post by Abinimbed
Please I need more advises!

But people have already advised you on what to do. Just contact them and tell them you don't want to do them

Quick Reply

Latest