The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Resit exams

Hey, so my mum passed away during my first term of first year uni. Obviously this had a massive effect on my studies and academic performance.

My issue is that although i managed to pass most my exams, i failed one by two marks. I booked a holiday two years ago (before i even thought about applying for uni), and it’s during the second week of exam resits.

What happens if a resit exam if a scheduled then and i can’t make it? I’ve tried to access help for my exams after what happened from the uni but i’ve received very little help.

Has anyone had a similar experience, in that they couldn’t attend a resit exam or can anyone give advice?
Original post by aek113
Hey, so my mum passed away during my first term of first year uni. Obviously this had a massive effect on my studies and academic performance.

My issue is that although i managed to pass most my exams, i failed one by two marks. I booked a holiday two years ago (before i even thought about applying for uni), and it’s during the second week of exam resits.

What happens if a resit exam if a scheduled then and i can’t make it? I’ve tried to access help for my exams after what happened from the uni but i’ve received very little help.

Has anyone had a similar experience, in that they couldn’t attend a resit exam or can anyone give advice?

Hello @aek113,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

For advice and guidance, please contact our Student Engagement Team via 0191 208 3333 and select option 2. Alternatively, can contact us directly.

Hana
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending