The Student Room Group

I didn’t do the exams for 6 modules

I am a first year student at aston university, studying accounting and finance. i could only blame myself for this.. well i’ve found this year incredibly difficult and due to my mental health i was unable to attend any lectures and seminars. I don’t necessarily enjoy the course, im forcing myself because i’m not interested in anything else, or education in general. But here i am. I’m not sure what to do. I don’t know whether there’s any resits. (resitting 6 modules will send anybody into coma). the likelihood of me failing first year is guaranteed so i’m not sure if i have to redo the year again? or they’ll kick me out due to of attendance? i’m real stressed out right now.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a first year student at aston university, studying accounting and finance. i could only blame myself for this.. well i’ve found this year incredibly difficult and due to my mental health i was unable to attend any lectures and seminars. I don’t necessarily enjoy the course, im forcing myself because i’m not interested in anything else, or education in general. But here i am. I’m not sure what to do. I don’t know whether there’s any resits. (resitting 6 modules will send anybody into coma). the likelihood of me failing first year is guaranteed so i’m not sure if i have to redo the year again? or they’ll kick me out due to of attendance? i’m real stressed out right now.

Talk to your personal tutor. Were you not asked by Aston about your zero attendance? Did you hand any work in?
Reply 2
I already scheduled a meeting with my personal tutor and no. Aston hasn’t said anything about my zero attendance. And i’ve only done one exam for one module and handed in course work for another module that’s all i’ve done.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I already scheduled a meeting with my personal tutor and no. Aston hasn’t said anything about my zero attendance. And i’ve only done one exam for one module and handed in course work for another module that’s all i’ve done.

Hello im in the same situation as you please what happened to you did they accept to give you a resit ?
Reply 4
(Just noticed an old'ish thread, would be good to.know how it worked out...) Ok so you really do need to take local advice here. I've had a quick look at Aston's academic regs and the regs on what happens are next are really quite specific, it all depends on how many credits are failed overall. I'm.not going to summarise here as you really do need to approach the SU and your Personal Tutor for proper and accurate advice. The sooner you do this the quicker you will know what's actually happening rather than letting your imagination go haywire, and you can start to.make realistic decisions
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending