The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Joshua King has joined Blackburn Rovers from #MUFC on a permanent deal.
Reply 181
I only saw the highlights from yesterday but what struck me is that Hernandez was involved in several nice pieces of link-up play. Previously, he has been criticised for being one dimensional so that's very encouraging.

Apparently he is averaging a goal every 75 minutes this season :adore:
Reply 182
Some talk of Powell going to Peterborough on loan.
Reply 183
Original post by cheetahs56
Wait, how do you 'sub'?:colondollar:

click on thread tools and add it to watch list. then this thread will appear on the watched list on home screen

Edit: beaten to it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 184
Original post by UnknownGuy
Why did we get van Persie so cheap?

He had 1 year on his contract and wanted to come United plus he was 28, too be honest many fans thought man utd overpaid for him, and a lot of United fans would've rather brought Moutinho or Modric instead of him, but fergie is a genius and knew what was right for the club, can you imagine when Rooney and Kagawa have been injured this season playing Hernandez and Welbeck upfront alone without RVP at the rate we were letting goals in.
Fergie just couldn't resist not buying a player of RVP's class when available and snatched at the opportunity, not surprising considering we spent top dollar on Berba and we were after David Villa for 35 mil at 28 years old.
Original post by aabbc
click on thread tools and add it to watch list. then this thread will appear on the watched list on home screen

I'm on Mobile so it does it automatically. Thanks anyway!!:tongue:
Original post by aabbc

Alternatively, just make a post and the site does it automatically.
Reply 187
Fabios had a great game v Chelsea. Hopefully gets him more playing time.
(edited 11 years ago)
Haha, I found Chelsea's downfall hilarious.
Original post by Akkuz
Some talk of Powell going to Peterborough on loan.

Hmm not sure if i rather have him stay or get game experience. I'm sure he'll be well looked after by the club and given first team experience. But what we learns from the experienced could prove to be invaluable and has looked bright when played. Also don't want him suffering an injury.

:confused:
Original post by IanLim93
Hmm not sure if i rather have him stay or get game experience. I'm sure he'll be well looked after by the club and given first team experience. But what we learns from the experienced could prove to be invaluable and has looked bright when played. Also don't want him suffering an injury.

:confused:

You can't wrap him up in cotton wool forever.

I'd prefer him to be playing in the Football League than in the reserves with the occasional game in the first team.
Fabio has had a bit of a turn around of late, playing CL final against Barca a couple of seasons ago to struggling to break the QPR side. Glad he's been given a chance, he can perform at a level as good as anyone in that side.

I think Powell need to play in the PL, no point loaning him to a lower league side.
Original post by doggyfizzel
Fabio has had a bit of a turn around of late, playing CL final against Barca a couple of seasons ago to struggling to break the QPR side. Glad he's been given a chance, he can perform at a level as good as anyone in that side.

I think Powell need to play in the PL, no point loaning him to a lower league side.

We could see if QPR would like him for the rest of the season. Get Fabio and Powell use to playing with each other. :awesome:
Reply 193
Original post by doggyfizzel

Powell won't get many games at PL club though I think. He was in League 2 last season, and hasn't really showed much so far despite looking promising for a player of his age.

Championship club is the best bet where he's guaranteed regular football in his preferred position, and it's still a step up from reserves/eague 2. If he impresses then he could go to a PL club next season (I'm sure one of the teams who get promoted will want him if he makes an impact in the Championship).
Original post by SirMasterKey
We could see if QPR would like him for the rest of the season. Get Fabio and Powell use to playing with each other. :awesome:

I agree but I can see Powell ending up at Peterborough with Darren Ferguson in charge and he would probably get quite a few games as Peterborough are struggling in the championship. The problem I see with him going to QPR is whether they would drop Tarrabt and I think that they definitely need to worry about other areas too such as a new CB/ striker.
Original post by SirMasterKey
You can't wrap him up in cotton wool forever.

I'd prefer him to be playing in the Football League than in the reserves with the occasional game in the first team.

Hmm i see your point. But training with players like Scholes and Giggs does make a difference to a youngsters career. The great benefit of him going to Peterborough is he'll be guarantee games, and like it's been said darren ferguson will probably give him decent amount of games or face the wrath from his old man :wink:
Original post by IanLim93
Hmm i see your point. But training with players like Scholes and Giggs does make a difference to a youngsters career. The great benefit of him going to Peterborough is he'll be guarantee games, and like it's been said darren ferguson will probably give him decent amount of games or face the wrath from his old man :wink:

But only training will get you so far. Match experience is crucial for the younger players. Besides I can imagine that Scholes and Giggs may well take on coaching positions when they retire which would be a help to the youngsters. Both men live and breathe United so I'm sure they will always make time to give advice to the youngsters when they retire. Fergie would probably love them to stick around as well. Win-win.
Anyone watching the cricket? Top game.
Reply 198
Ronaldo is talking very sweetly about United lately, very unusual to talk that much before you have a tie against, it'll just unsettle your team mates and manager and fans especially when he hasn't signed a new deal, I'm not sure if he does want to come back or he wants a mega deal at Madrid.
Does anyone know how long Rooney is out for? Likely to start against Liverpool? (FPL purposes)

Latest