The Student Room Group

Am I in the wrong here?

My bf stayed over last night and walked me to work this morning

On the way I had to stop at the chemist to pick up my prescription for insulin (Im diabetic), but they told me that my prescription hadn't been issued to them from my doctors so they didn't have it. I rang the doctors and they said they'd just then printed it out for me and I could go and collect it.

I didn't want to be late for work so my bf offered to go to my doctors surgery, pick up my prescription and then take it to the chemist so he could get my insulin and bring it to work for me. I was really grateful and said that would be amazing.

When I got to work I sent him a text saying "just in case they ask when you pick up my prescription, my address is ****** and my date of birth is *******"

He replied saying "I know when your birthday is..." so I said "ok, I wasn't sure if you knew the year that's all" (Im a bit older than him). He absolutely flipped his lid and accused me of calling him stupid and saying he doesn't know his own girlfriend's birthday and implying he's a rubbish boyfriend, then he rang me and told me to **** off and pick up my own insulin if im going to be so ungrateful

So now Im sat at work, with no insulin, cant leave the office for another hour to go out and get my prescription and my bf isn't talking to me

Was I really in the wrong here????
Original post by Anonymous
Was I really in the wrong here????

No, he sounds like a madman.
Reply 2
:lolwut: No, you weren't. Your boyfriend completely overreacted. What a drama queen.

I don't even see what you did wrong tbh. I'm definitely not 100% about the DOBs of some people who are close to me (have a list that I write in my diary at the start of the year) and I would probably appreciate a reminder like that...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I understand his annoyance in a way, although he could have sent that text saying he knew your birthday in a rather annoyed way and left it at that, certainly flipping out isn't called for at all and especially not getting the insulin as It's important, have you totally run out or do you have some left?
He sounds like a complete diva!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending