The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by iamsherlocked
Dear Minerva please could you answer these two things for me? (or anyone else who can offer advice)
So I was pooled for English by Emmanuel, today I got a phone call from Christs inviting me to interview on the 10th :smile: then bizarrely, i checked my email a little later and found an email from Churchill also inviting me to interview on the 10th!! Obviously I am really happy about this, to get two chances at re-interview, but I'm a little confused because neither of them mentioned that I was being interviewed at the other college as well. (Both said that they would send me details of the interview on Monday...) In the winterpoolofficers document it says the two colleges should liase... So I don't know whether I should get in contact with Churchill/Christ's/CAO to check that something hasnt gone weird? But if i did, i don't know what i would say, i wouldn't want to look like i thought they would call/email the wrong person or something...
If you've had emails from both of them, and the timings of the interviews make sense, then don't worry. If you do want to check anything, I'd start with the CAO and work out from there - for instance if the timings mean you might need overnight accommodation.

ALSO, I'm in a bit of a pickle because in my email from Churchill, they said "In the mean time,to enable the interviewers to review your application fully please can you send me copies of your submitted written work electronically (don’t worry if you don’t have cover sheets) so this can be distributed to my colleagues on Monday." I was under the impression that they would get all written work etc from the college that pooled me... Anyway, the problem is that with one of the two essays I submitted, the only copy that I have, when I was preparing for interview I wrote all over it highlighting things and adding notes! :s-smilie: I could of course send them a clean copy, but then it would be without my teacher's markings, and it's a really really polished essay (it's a coursework essay which got full marks :smile:) so I'm worried that if I send a copy without my teacher's markings then it will look like I changed it before sending it to them!! :s-smilie: Especially because the other essay that I submitted, which I do have a copy with teacher markings but no personal notes, is a less good, less polished essay. What should I do??? (I do still have the cover sheets for both essays, incidentally.) I would ask my teacher what to do, but the email seems to imply that they need the essays before Monday and obviosuly I can't speak to my teacher before then. (I just got a TSR account literally just now in order to ask this!!) I don't know whether I should send them the one with all my highlightings and notes all over it...there's nothing terrible I've written on it, but my notes might just make me look a bit weird :biggrin: plus it just doesn't really seem like the done thing. My dad suggested that I should send them a scanned-in copy of the one with my scrawlings and teacher markings, AND a clean copy...but I don't know if this might just be a bit weird and awkward?? ADVICE PLEASE :confused:
I'm inclined to agree with your Dad; I think that's a perfectly reasonable way to proceed, given the timescales. The alternatives would be to ask your teacher to confirm that the 'clean' copy matches what was submitted originally, or to contact Emma and ask them to send the version they have across. All of which sounds like hard work to me. I'd go with your Dad :smile:

Welcome to TSR - and best of luck with the interviews!
Does anyone know when the majority of pool offers were given last year (i.e. first day after decision letters, second day after..)? I can't face trawling through last years thread. I just get the impression that we're all giving up hope far too early if we haven't heard anything today!
Original post by cath1509
and you were strssing so badly!!! congrats :smile:

Thanks! I was crying all over the keyboard! All the best to you! Hope to see you next year- what are you applying for?
Original post by tissue_26
My friend got an offer without being reinterviewed.

Do you know BMAT, UMS etc?

And where to?
Reply 1444
Haha i'm sorry! Seriously though, some advice would be very welcome??

I would send the clean copies with a simple covering letter explaining the situation. The ones you've scribbled over might not be as easy for them to read.
Original post by medicdude
Do you know BMAT, UMS etc?

And where to?

Her bmat was 7.8, 4.3, 4A and her UMS is around 98% I think?
And to Robinson college
Reply 1446
Original post by chaza4991
Has anyone been fished for Linguistics yet? Or know of anyone who has?
Thank you :smile:

My friend was, by newnham
Original post by ingénue
Congrats! Phone or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Home phone - I was convinced it was going to be my gran calling accidentally! I was so excited I literally hyperventilated when she was giving me an offer. It's all girls, but I've been in all girls' education since I was 4 anyway. All the best, best of luck! I really can say this without jealousy/reserve!
Reply 1448
Original post by ludenburg
Hi guys! I got pooled for Geography from Sidney Sussex this morning, and I have to say a big thank you to the OP for making the FAQ because it really helped calmed my nerves (even though I was certain I wasn't going to get in).

The good news is that I got a phone call a couple of hours ago saying they're offering me a place at Robinson! My answer to the phone call was hardly elegant (I think I only said "thank you!!" a lot), but I'm wishing everyone else in this thread the best of luck at getting fished.

I can also confirm that the SAQ theory is currently rubbish, as my form still says Sidney Sussex on it.

Well done!!! Congrats
What day was your sidney interview out of interest? I had mine on the 4th, just trying to find people i met haha, even if they are at diff colleges :smile:
Original post by ingénue
Congrats! Phone or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Home phone - I was convinced it was going to be my gran calling accidentally! I was so excited I literally hyperventilated when she was giving me an offer. It's all girls, but I've been in all girls' education since I was 4 anyway. All the best, best of luck! I really can say this without jealousy/reserve! Do message me if you get anything!
Reply 1450
That's 2 med offers fished by Robinson from the pool so far on TSR. Was pooled by Robinson, starting to lose hope now.
Reply 1451
Come on some one fish me, I'll do anything, pretty please
Haha i'm sorry! Seriously though, some advice would be very welcome??

This really isn't very related to the whole pooling situation but I just wanted to compliment you on your username. It's awesome. :tongue:
Reply 1453
Well, I hope tomorrow will be a better day ;D... Another day another chance and of course MORE AGONY!!!
Reply 1454
Her bmat was 7.8, 4.3, 4A and her UMS is around 98% I think?
And to Robinson college

Okayyy. If that's the standard needed for fishing then...
Reply 1455
Was reccomendation pooled by Homerton. I am a fat hungry fish and I will take in any kind of a worm.
Original post by Bord3r

Hahah, I can't stop watching that IT Crowd GIF. It's mesmerising, in a morbid way :colone:
Reply 1457
Original post by Silverland
Please Cambridge.... I'm giving you my life. What more do you want? :frown:

Please... just fish me...

Hear hear. Fish him! :smile:
Reply 1458
Original post by Bord3r

This gift made my evening hahaha
Reply 1459
My friend got an offer without being reinterviewed.

was it medicine they got an offer without interview for?

Latest

Trending

Trending