The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by izzbee
Yes :smile:
I recieved the offer of a place letter on Friday and the actual offer letter on Saturday... Don't know why they didn't just send it in one go, but then again at least having two letters makes it sound more real :tongue:

Yeah I guess you're right :smile: Both my letters have already been scanned into our home computer and emailed off to various relatives and friends of the family - it was all I could do to stop them ending up laminated! :biggrin:
Still not fully sunk in yet though, I think I'd pretty much convinced myself that I was never going to actually get in. How about you, still feeling a bit dazed? :tongue:
Original post by Lord of the Flies
Ha - have you seen Pembroke's hall? And most importantly, the intriguing curtain at the end of it? :sexface:

Ahem.

Spoiler

Reply 562
Original post by Oromis263
To quote the alternative prospectus... "From dancing, sweat-drenched in its legendary underground club"

:colone: So. Hyped. :biggrin: I wonder what our rooms are going to be like! It's crazy that in 9 months (almost exactly) we will be starting as fellow freshers at King's. :biggrin:

Gdjcisisbdkcsos :biggrin: music scholars get first pick of the rooms, have to fit a piano in xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Phia7
Just accidentally posted this in the other thread :facepalm:
Is anyone interested in a facebook group?

I believe the CUSU makes one, don't know when people will start to join...
Original post by Oboe1994
Gdjcisisbdkcsos :biggrin: music scholars get first pick of the rooms, have to fit a piano in xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still time for me to drop in a choral or instrumental application.... :biggrin: It is rather tempting, but I don't think I could quite dedicate the time.
Still time for me to drop in a choral or instrumental application.... :biggrin: It is rather tempting, but I don't think I could quite dedicate the time.

Did you just get a notificaiton on facebook
Reply 566

Nice try but I think you have to be reading it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahem.

Spoiler

I tried to edit the King's picture to make it look nasty, but even in extra-saturated green it looked kinda cool. :getmecoat:
Original post by theminimg
I quite like the idea of robes. I'm not quite sure if my college does the whole robe thing though ho hum. When do you wear robes?

Same. For formals xD But apparently most people don't go to many. It'd be awesome to do it a few times though :tongue:
Reply 569
Original post by sewm47
Great minds think alike :smile:
I've been brought back down to earth by my mock exams in a few days :/
I do the IB so I have to get 40 points overall and 7,7,6 points in my three higher level subjects (Maths, Bio and Chem).

Ahh! Someone else who takes the IB?! :tongue: I got an offer of exactly the same grade requirements for Philosophy, but I too have found it a shallow victory given the mocks that start on Wednesday at my school. We're doing very different subject choices I see - my highers are Music, English and History. Good luck in your exams!
(edited 11 years ago)
I received an offer for Philosophy two days ago :smile:
Any other philosophers around?
Original post by chignesh10
Did you just get a notificaiton on facebook

No..
Original post by Oboe1994
Nice try but I think you have to be reading it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, instrumental and choral awards are open to anyone. :smile: Just, got to be able to dedicate the time.
Reply 573
Original post by Fini*Flambee
I received an offer for Philosophy two days ago :smile:
Any other philosophers around?

Congrats, I've got a place for Philosophy too! Which college are you at?
Reply 574
No, instrumental and choral awards are open to anyone. :smile: Just, got to be able to dedicate the time.

Nah mate meant the free piano :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lord of the Flies
I have copies of mine and need to get them certified by my school. Good to know there's no rush :biggrin:

Thanks! Where is this written?

I think this deadline once again might be entirely dependent on college? My offer letter specifically told me not to send them any documents before they ask for them again. :smile:

Original post by TheCrazyFool95
Oh! I didn't realise they only took one person for Linguistics at TH.
Wow... how on earth did that happen? The others there had WAY better grades than me.
But YAY! Another Linguist! Congrats on your offer too! :biggrin:

I guess it's not completely about the grades after all. :wink: There are so few of us linguists here that we're constantly lost. I'd suggest migrating to the Linguistics Thread at some point. :biggrin:
Reply 576
To quote the alternative prospectus... "From dancing, sweat-drenched in its legendary underground club"

:colone: So. Hyped. :biggrin: I wonder what our rooms are going to be like! It's crazy that in 9 months (almost exactly) we will be starting as fellow freshers at King's. :biggrin:

And me too! :wink:
No..

can't find you then
Original post by bíborcsiga
I think this deadline once again might be entirely dependent on college? My offer letter specifically told me not to send them any documents before they ask for them again. :smile:

Yep - I looked for information everywhere except in my letter. There's mathematical logic for you. :lol:
Reply 579
Original post by Noonoo
And me too! :wink:

Eep subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending