The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tommyjw
I wish our game against RM was sooner

This lol, I seriously think we could do damange to RM if we were to play them sooner rather than later.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lucky SOB. It is feeling like 98/99, especially if Giggs keeps putting in cameos like he did yesterday.

I made my own luck in the end, determined to get into that ground one way or another. :grin:

Giggs hasn't been great the last couple of years but occasionally he can pull out something special, it's still wonderful when he does. Scholes is still class most times he plays, love to see them two have a huge triumph in their final season.
Reply 402
Daily mirror saying we will sell De Gea and look to Reina as a replacement

****ing Alan Nixon :laugh:
Reply 403
Original post by Tommyjw
Daily mirror saying we will sell De Gea and look to Reina as a replacement

****ing Alan Nixon :laugh:

Lol, I saw that too. :facepalm:
Reply 404
Why are the English media so hellbent on destroying De Gea confidence, after having 2 clean sheets in the last 3 and playing 9 straight games in a row they release an article on how United want to buy inferior keepers. I don't see De Gea leaving unless Jose stays at Madrid next season and we do a deal for Casillas or Ronaldo with him involved. But I would rather keep De Gea he has so much potential.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by rohitbd
Why are the English media so hellbent on destroying De Gea confidence, after having 2 clean sheets in the last 3 and playing 9 straight games in a row they release an article on how United want to buy inferior keepers. I don't see De Gea leaving unless Jose stays at Madrid next season and we do a deal for Casillas or Ronaldo with him involved. But I would rather keep De Gea he has so much potential.

Has Jose or SAF said anything about this:holmes:
Original post by IanDangerously
I made my own luck in the end, determined to get into that ground one way or another. :grin:

Giggs hasn't been great the last couple of years but occasionally he can pull out something special, it's still wonderful when he does. Scholes is still class most times he plays, love to see them two have a huge triumph in their final season.

Have to agree with you there. Seeing Giggs and Scholes lift the Champions League together one more time might just triumph all past memories, even '99.
Reply 407
Original post by pinda.college
Has Jose or SAF said anything about this:holmes:

Only the usual BS rumours. "£60m + De Gea offered for Ronaldo" and **** like that
Original post by Tommyjw
Only the usual BS rumours. "£60m + De Gea offered for Ronaldo" and **** like that

BS rumours are the Devil:devil:
Any OneUnited members fancying the trip to Madrid, the club are now accepting applications at manutd.com or on 0161 868 8000. We have received 3,800 tickets for this fixture priced at £62.50, £70.50 and £157.
Original post by IanDangerously
Any OneUnited members fancying the trip to Madrid, the club are now accepting applications at manutd.com or on 0161 868 8000. We have received 3,800 tickets for this fixture priced at £62.50, £70.50 and £157.

Not a great allocation for a 90,000 stadium is it?
Reply 411
Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Manchester United v Liverpool on Sunday 13th January

Reply 412
Heard Webb's back from injury now. Should be a good tie.

Original post by Tommyjw
Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Manchester United v Liverpool on Sunday 13th January

:rofl2:

At least the scousers have got their excuse sorted now
Original post by Zürich
Not a great allocation for a 90,000 stadium is it?

I think it's decent for a European game. The worst thing about it is where the seats are allocated for away supporters, 4th (highest) tier, in a corner.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I think it's decent for a European game. The worst thing about it is where the seats are allocated for away supporters, 4th (highest) tier, in a corner.

Nou Camp/San Siro are the same. I'd always put away fans on the upper tiers though.

Would have expected at least 5k to be honest.
Original post by Zürich
Nou Camp/San Siro are the same. I'd always put away fans on the upper tiers though.

Would have expected at least 5k to be honest.

Yeah, it's annoying, for the players and people watching at home too. When the away side scores, all you can hear is a little pop because they're so far away.
Original post by Abiraleft
It would leave a rather heavy feeling at the bottom of the stomach if he failed to score this season. It certainly did when Henry failed to score against Swansea last season (erasing his record of having scored against every single Premier League side he had ever faced). :sad:

We should let him take a penalty when we're a couple of goals up :beard:
Reply 418
Original post by manchesterunited15
We should let him take a penalty when we're a couple of goals up :beard:

Giggs has a pretty good record from the spot i think, i think the strikers take them to get their stats up rather than being better.
Original post by rohitbd

Wtaf :facepalm:. Casillas would never leave madrid. De gea wouldn't go from atletico to madrid regardless, the transfers just don't happen and if it did would take a long time for de gea to not play for madrid. More likely mourinho would get sacked.

More likely that you'd do a swap deal for joe hart/reina than this happening.

Latest