The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by DalaiLama
Unconditional MML Christ's. Any other MML'ers/Christ's people?

Original post by Emmalacrosse
Hi guys! I've got an offer for Natsci at Gonville and Caius! Anyone else? Emma :smile:

I've got an offer from Caius for MML :smile:
Reply 801
Original post by Zhy
(I can PM you my academic stuff if you want but it's really boring, wouldn't recommend it :tongue: )

Axil? I think I want to ask. :wink:

Aha no worries, I was just making conversation :P well basically I got him when I was on work experience at a vets (long story) - he was a stray who'd put his paw through his collar and gotten a deep cut under his arm. The medical term for armpit is Axilla, so the nurses called him Axil. So my cat is literally called armpit :L
Original post by A Light Lilt
Yes m411, it is a little annoying. Hopefully I'll see you there :wink:

:colone: indeed

A*A in M, FM and A*A in Chemistry, Phys. (In any order). Which is decent I think.

Still can't believe it lol. I'm still considering STEP I just because FM is boring... But that A* is my priority.

Woo! Congratulations :smile:
Quite glad i only need one A* for my offer :smile: These A*'s seems much less achievable now I have an offer!
Reply 804
I was just wondering : I've got an offer of A*AA to study medicine at Caius, and it doesn't specify in which subjects. However I finish my A2 maths this month, does anyone know if this will count towards it?

I tried emailing Caius but no reply; probably too busy with international candidates! :biggrin:

Thanks !
Reply 805
Original post by Crushy10
I was just wondering : I've got an offer of A*AA to study medicine at Caius, and it doesn't specify in which subjects. However I finish my A2 maths this month, does anyone know if this will count towards it?

I tried emailing Caius but no reply; probably too busy with international candidates! :biggrin:

Thanks !

Of Course it will, and congratulations :biggrin:, i have offer for caius too :smile: did you apply directly or were you fished?
Reply 806
Original post by johnttam
Of Course it will, and congratulations :biggrin:, i have offer for caius too :smile: did you apply directly or were you fished?

Ah good :biggrin: I applied directly :smile: what about you? What subject ?
Reply 807
I applied directly too, what were your reasons for applying? my offer was for PhysNatSci :smile: and eesh medicine is super tough extra well done to you
Reply 808
I applied directly too, what were your reasons for applying? my offer was for PhysNatSci :smile: and eesh medicine is super tough extra well done to you

Thanks and you ! NatSci is not easy haha! I suppose I just liked it and the guy who showed me round was a bit of a lad. And I heard it was the best for medicine and had a large intake of medics :smile: How about you? What A levels are you doing/done ?
Reply 809
Maths further maths physics and chemistry :smile:, you? I applied for a few reasons, i was on a summer school there and loved the stephen hawking building, and obviously the fact he is a fellow is pretty good too...i like the idea of lots of formal halls, and also the college is central, and pretty without being stuck up and overbearing haha :smile: also i like the crest and college colours (genuinely part of my reason)
Reply 810
Original post by DalaiLama
Unconditional MML Christ's. Any other MML'ers/Christ's people?

Original post by Etoile
I've got an offer from Caius for MML :smile:

I got an offer for MML at Downing yesterday! I really hope I get in now, can't wait to meet you all :biggrin: What languages are you guys doing? I'm French and German.
Reply 811
Maths further maths physics and chemistry :smile:, you? I applied for a few reasons, i was on a summer school there and loved the stephen hawking building, and obviously the fact he is a fellow is pretty good too...i like the idea of lots of formal halls, and also the college is central, and pretty without being stuck up and overbearing haha :smile: also i like the crest and college colours (genuinely part of my reason)

Ah that's cool! I'm doing Biology chemistry latin and maths, is there a facebook group for caius offer holders ?
Original post by ladydisdain
I live in Cambridge :smile: (well, Girton, so some students would say that's not really Cambridge...)

Yay I'm not the only one :smile: what school are you at/what college and course have you applied for?
Reply 813
Original post by Crushy10
Ah that's cool! I'm doing Biology chemistry latin and maths, is there a facebook group for caius offer holders ?

Not that im aware of?
Reply 814
Original post by izzbee
:biggrin: I'm the same, I really want to do biology of cells and evolution and behaviour, and I'm stuck between Chemistry and physiology. I like maths too, but I think I'm leaning towards the mathematical biology course as it seems more tailored to the degree, and I'm a bit worried that the straight maths module will contain alot of futher maths stuff which I haven't done . Have you joined the nat sci facebook group? There's a St Catz one as well but not much seems to be going on on that one :tongue:

No, I'm afraid I'm one of those weirdos that don't have fb :stupid:
Have joined the TSR group though :smile: Do you know if there's anything we have to do about the offer or sending documents etc before March?
Reply 815
Original post by Kequi
I got an offer for MML at Downing yesterday! I really hope I get in now, can't wait to meet you all :biggrin: What languages are you guys doing? I'm French and German.

French and German also! :biggrin:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/454084607973783/

Jesus College offer holders thread!
Original post by danstan21
Well, I've done a lot of English revision but that's due to me having the actual oral commentary soon (in less than 24 hours' time in fact) which makes up 15% of my overall grade, so I pretty much need a 7 in that. Overall English and Music are actually pretty relaxed as far as highers go simply because they have quite a heavy coursework side to them - by the time I take the exams I'll already have done 50% of my overall English grade and 70% of my Music one (and all of the music coursework can be re-drafted until March I think, so I won't let it go until it's at a 7 standard!). As for standard-level subjects, I've done revision for Maths studies (yeah it's a cop-out I know) and Biology, but none yet for Japanese ab initio.

History is the problem subject - there's just such a vast quantity of information you have to retain, and it seems disproportionately hard to get 7s in it compared with other highers. I've resolved to spend most of my weekends from now until the real exams reading history books to try and push my current borderline 6 standard into 7 territory before then. :s-smilie:

So yes, as I said before, good luck in your exams! They're never as bad as you think they will be :tongue:

Hope your IOC went well! In mine I got a passage I was dreading so I hope you got a nice one :smile:

That's a high % of coursework for music - I'm envious!

History is my problem subject too (even at Standard level). I realise I have much less to learn than HL people but I'm still finding it hard (my mock is tomorrow and I'm really dreading it :/ ). I think I might do a similar thing but with practice essays because they're my greatest weakness. Good luck with your history aspirations and in your exams :smile: [English today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be :P]
Any King's people lurking out there? (besides NooNoo, Oboe1994 and Ben-Smith) :smile:
Reply 819
Original post by PartonProduct
Hey guys!
I'm in for Phys Nat Sci - offer: just 2 A's at Fitzwilliam college :biggrin:!!

Is anyone else in for Fitz (please say yes, haven't found ANYONE yet :colondollar:)

Oh, and congratz to everyone here :tongue:

Have been offered a place for Law at Fitz :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending