The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Maths offer from Churchill (:
A A* A (1,1)
Math F.math Phys (Step II, III)

Very very happy, with a very very hard offer!
Reply 1161
Original post by belgianboy
A in French? That seems a bit random :smile:
Well I applied to Peterhouse for 2013 but was pooled. Then a lady from Jesus College phoned me a few days ago to tell me I had a conditional offer for 2014. Do you think it's still possible for me to start the course in this October?

Seeing as they specified 2014 I would say that it's probably unlikely, but if you're going to accept the offer (which I presume you are!) then I suppose there would be no harm in asking them if you could be considered for 2013 entry in your reply email :smile:
Reply 1162
My offer came through on UCAS for 2013! So it looks like they made a mistake in the letter when they said 2014... really pleased but still confused. Better ring them on monday?
Have any Caius applicants had their offer through UCAS yet? Beginning to be a little concerned someone made it all up...
Reply 1164
Original post by meowcat95
Have any Caius applicants had their offer through UCAS yet? Beginning to be a little concerned someone made it all up...

Not yet.
MML for me. How about you?
Original post by danssus
i know right!? it's pretty weird. oh well.
thanks and congrats to you too!
what's your offer??
Maybe it's their way of saying they want you to just focus on Science this term... I'm sure you'll be fine with that offer.

A*AA and 1, 1 in the maths STEP papers II and III.
Original post by thompa
Not yet.
MML for me. How about you?

Good, I was getting a little worried :P Cool, what languages are you going to do?

I'm medicine :smile: better get used to being swamped by us, I think there are 26 in a year... :L
Reply 1167
Good, I was getting a little worried :P Cool, what languages are you going to do?

I'm medicine :smile: better get used to being swamped by us, I think there are 26 in a year... :L

French and German:smile:
Reply 1168

French and German:colondollar:
Original post by thompa
French and German:colondollar:

Nice, are you doing both at A Level?
Reply 1170
Original post by shortclaw
For the medics:

On my offer letter it said about sending them a message about your decision. Has anyone told them their decision or are you waiting until you have answers from all your medical schools? since most people don't have all their replies from medical schools yet

I haven't heard from all my medical schools yet but I'll probably message them before I do and say I'm planning on accepting the offer :smile:
Reply 1171
Nice, are you doing both at A Level?

Did them in 2012 and had gap year.
All systems go now:colondollar:
Reply 1172
Original post by Asbs
My offer came through on UCAS for 2013! So it looks like they made a mistake in the letter when they said 2014... really pleased but still confused. Better ring them on monday?

Probably a good idea :redface: Although the UCAS one is usually the official offer I think, even if they can change it.
Original post by Reacher_Creature
I had 2 interviews on the 7th first thing in the morning. What about you?

Two mid-day on the 6th. Still genuinely surprised by the offer as I thought I made a complete hash of the second one.
What did you think of the college? I was quite impressed by the level of accommodation, but realised on the train on the way home that we'd been given conference-standard ones...
Reply 1174
Original post by Yashmeee
Probably a good idea :redface: Although the UCAS one is usually the official offer I think, even if they can change it.

Yeh, I will. Slightly mourning my lost gap year now. Just watching 'gap yah' to make me feel better about it.
Original post by thompa
Did them in 2012 and had gap year.
All systems go now:colondollar:

Ooooh so unconditional now then? Lucky! Doing anything interesting this year?
Anymore Kingsmen? :lol:
Reply 1177
Original post by Carnifexist
Received an offer from Clare's for Medicine - A*AA !!
Any fellow medics out there? :P

Me, also with an offer from Clare! :biggrin:
Reply 1178

Nope not yet, glad I'm not the only one :lol:

I'm an MMLer too, and there are actually 10 of us in the year afaik so not too bad :colone:
Original post by Grauniad
Two mid-day on the 6th. Still genuinely surprised by the offer as I thought I made a complete hash of the second one.
What did you think of the college? I was quite impressed by the level of accommodation, but realised on the train on the way home that we'd been given conference-standard ones...

I enjoyed both my interviews but my train journey home took six long hours, so plenty of time to convince myself I wasn't getting an offer! :smile:
The college was great. It was so quiet, which I thought was good considering it's right in the centre.

Latest

Trending

Trending