The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Rather we get him for free than pay £30 million with 12 months left on his contract :colone:

I suppose you thought we'd rather get Robin van Persie on the free then pay £24 mill for him too eh?

I kid of course, in all seriousness I'm quite skeptical of actually having Cristiano back here, I don't think we have the personnel to accommodate him. He doesn't play as the main striker (unless he changes his game). So we would have to play a striker and him up-top and we simply don't have a strong enough midfield to back that up. Having said that if he wants to come here then Id have him in a snap.
Reply 601
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Rather we get him for free than pay £30 million with 12 months left on his contract :colone:

This is his 4th season at Madrid so I believe he's still got 2 years left on his contract at the end of this season. I remember him, Kaka and Benzema signing 6 year contracts when they signed with Madrid.
Original post by mdajoka
I suppose you thought we'd rather get Robin van Persie on the free then pay £24 mill for him too eh?

I kid of course, in all seriousness I'm quite skeptical of actually having Cristiano back here, I don't think we have the personnel to accommodate him. He doesn't play as the main striker (unless he changes his game). So we would have to play a striker and him up-top and we simply don't have a strong enough midfield to back that up. Having said that if he wants to come here then Id have him in a snap.

But you're right. I had no idea Van Persie would be paying back the £24 million so quickly :coma:

I think Rooney would have to drop even deeper to give Ronaldo the freedom on the left. 4-3-3, with Rooney the spearhead of the middle three.

Original post by VQG
This is his 4th season at Madrid so I believe he's still got 2 years left on his contract at the end of this season. I remember him, Kaka and Benzema signing 6 year contracts when they signed with Madrid.

Yeah, I meant if we were to purchase him with 12 months left in 2014, and not in the upcoming Summer
Original post by kpg
The bile that sections (large sections) of your crowd come out with didn't disappoint today. I'm sure all the newspapers will be talking about it in the morning. Or not.

For the record, we have a minority of absolutely bellends and ***** who sing and do sick things about Munich but it's never, ever, anywhere near as widespread at Anfield as it is at Old Trafford.

Is there a minimum level of stupidity the fans sitting on the divider have to reach? They are filth of the highest order and it's the same year after year. At least this year I didn't see any kids or women getting it on the forecourt as previous seasons so some improvement in that respect I suppose.

Had a pretty good afternoon though. Big games are always great of course

The thing that Liverpool fans conveniently seem to forget is that much of the bile is earned by their actions over the years and 100% deserved. Contrary to what certain biased journalists report in recent meetings between the clubs, there haven't been any Hillsborough chants in the ground. Plenty of songs about the atrocities perpretrated by Liverpool's fans at Heysel Stadium and their disgusting behaviour in the years since. We will never forget, or let them forget, what they did.

This is a perfect example of the victim complex we refer to with the "Always the Victims" song. It's fine to bring banners saying "All Cops Are Bastards" to OT yesterday because a few of them resulted in the deaths of innocent fans and covered it up for twenty years; but it's not fine to say all scousers are bastards when they did the same to another team's fans. We all remember the half-assed apology vs Juventus in 2005. Personally I have great sympathy with the 96 and their families but what the police did is nothing LFC as a club haven't also done.

I'm also not sure where this idea about our fans attacking women and kids comes from, but I've never seen it from United lads at home or away. Then again this coming from the same set of fans who last season tweeted that MUFC fans had spat on the Hillsborough memorial after the game - whilst we were still locked inside the ground! Oops.

I'd love to know how you justify Liverpool fans spitting on disabled supporters yesterday too, as seen by folks that I know in the K Stand. I don't know why anyone was surprised, ever since the disabled fans were put under the away end every year they've been pelted with coins, plastic bottles and cups of human excrement when Liverpool come to town.

Not to mention the concourse being smashed up most seasons, the inflatable plane a few years back, the video on YouTube of hundreds of LFC fans singing Munich under the stand; or the destruction of executive boxes the year at the FA Cup semi-final the year they played Chelsea here. Yes, even LFC's "corporate" fans ripped a wall down between the multiseat facilities. All of these things I've either seen personally or heard directly from the staff who used to run the matchday operations here at Old Trafford.

Oh and for the record, I walked back down Matt Busby Way wearing an offensive anti-Liverpool t-shirt as the LFC fans were coming out of the ground and not one person did anything about it. They must've left their Stanley knives at home.

/rant :smile:
Reply 604
Original post by mdajoka

Looks fine to me. :sexface: Rooney's role as it always does would adjust to the opposition, I think that system would generally give enough defensive protection. You've gotta remember that teams would be scared to attack a team with RVP, Rooney and Ronaldo, it's no coincidence that the best our defence has ever been (to my recollection) was with Ronaldo in the side.

I always get excited over the faintest Ronaldo rumours but, being boring and sensible, I don't think there's much to read into. He'll probably outlast Mourinho so his future will depend on his relationship with the new manager, something impossible to predict at this time.
Hey,

I'm a LFC fan, just want to give Utd credit on the atmosphere created y'day at old trafford was incredible. Fair play to the fans best atmosphere I've heard all season at any ground.
Reply 606
Original post by IanDangerously

This is a perfect example of the victim complex we refer to with the "Always the Victims" song.

At least come up with a decent chant then. It sounds like it's been made up in a nursery or something.

Seriously, I cringe for you lot every time I hear 'always the victim, it's never your fault' and I'm a Liverpool fan.

We all remember the half-assed apology vs Juventus in 2005.

There was a mural on the Kop, as well as a letter of apology written to and placed on the seat of every Juve fan that game. There was also a banner walked towards their end which had an apology written on it. Welcome packs were given out to in Liverpool to Juve fans as well as red, black and white wristbands. A supporters match was held at the LFC academy.

Half arsed, yes.

Oh and for the record, I walked back down Matt Busby Way wearing an offensive anti-Liverpool t-shirt as the LFC fans were coming out of the ground and not one person did anything about it. They must've left their Stanley knives at home.

Proper hooligan.
Manchester United agree a three-year sponsorship with one of China's most prominent banking groups, China Construction Bank (CCB). As part of the agreement, United's first with a Chinese bank, CCB will hold the rights exclusively to produce the official Manchester United branded credit card in mainland China.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2013/Jan/manchester-united-partnership-with-china-construction-bank-ccb.aspx

The deals and money continue to flow in..
Original post by Zerforax
Manchester United agree a three-year sponsorship with one of China's most prominent banking groups, China Construction Bank (CCB). As part of the agreement, United's first with a Chinese bank, CCB will hold the rights exclusively to produce the official Manchester United branded credit card in mainland China.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2013/Jan/manchester-united-partnership-with-china-construction-bank-ccb.aspx

The deals and money continue to flow in..

no mention of figures... but its got to be pretty large..

Love how the fan base of united in china... is larger the entire population of the uk..
Original post by Louis.

Looks fine to me. :sexface: Rooney's role as it always does would adjust to the opposition, I think that system would generally give enough defensive protection. You've gotta remember that teams would be scared to attack a team with RVP, Rooney and Ronaldo, it's no coincidence that the best our defence has ever been (to my recollection) was with Ronaldo in the side.

I always get excited over the faintest Ronaldo rumours but, being boring and sensible, I don't think there's much to read into. He'll probably outlast Mourinho so his future will depend on his relationship with the new manager, something impossible to predict at this time.

That team....:sogood: :dice:
Original post by fallen_acorns
no mention of figures... but its got to be pretty large..

Love how the fan base of united in china... is larger the entire population of the uk..

Tbh figures rarely get mentioned in those types of deals.

CCB might give a flat fee or they might just give Utd a percentage of the sales/money they make.

It's not as big as a deal as it could be since it relates to credit cards by CCB only but still impressive imo.
Original post by Zerforax
Tbh figures rarely get mentioned in those types of deals.

CCB might give a flat fee or they might just give Utd a percentage of the sales/money they make.

It's not as big as a deal as it could be since it relates to credit cards by CCB only but still impressive imo.

every little helps :smile: - every few million each year added to the pockets.. helps pay off the debts/adds to the transfer budget..

all good :smile:
Reply 612
We also had a deal with Multistrada last week and Wahaha today (lol)
Reply 613
Original post by IanDangerously

/rant :smile:

What a tit you are.

No one with a brain is going to start fighting on Matt Busby Way with police everywhere and enough cameras to make Celebrity Big Brother blush.

Nice to know you still think you are some kind of hooligan though, you blert.
Reply 614
For tomorrow: Rooney and Nani will feature. Vidic suffered concussion but is fit. Evans, Young out v West Ham
Reply 615
Original post by Tommyjw
For tomorrow: Rooney and Nani will feature. Vidic suffered concussion but is fit. Evans, Young out v West Ham

Excellent news, Hopefully Nani will start. I really want Nani to impress tomorrow, not that I ever don't want him or any of our players to, but given how most people assumed he was finished here, I want them to be proven wrong. He is a fantastic player when on form and a scapegoat when not, plus I think it may give Valencia a bit of thinking to do, if he gives him competition. Hopefully something like

Da Gea (Lindergaard but I remember Amos at weekend so I think hes injured)
Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand/Vidic Buttner
Nani, Scholes, Cleverley, Giggs
Rooney/Kagawa
Hernandez

Bench: RvP.
I didn't hear any 'Hillsborough' or 'Munich' chants. I thought both sets of fans were well behaved and having friendly banter. Tbf, Man Utd vs LFC rivarly has died down recently - our main priority is breaking into the top 6 and Utd's main priority is winning the title.
Reply 617
Still laughing at IanDangerously and his list of Liverpools 'dick dastardly crimes'.

Because Manchester United fans are angels. Ask Paul Nixons family.
Original post by L18
Still laughing at IanDangerously and his list of Liverpools 'dick dastardly crimes'.

Because Manchester United fans are angels. Ask Paul Nixons family.

:lol: He knows that lol. Just adding fuel to the fire. Found it funny myself.
Reply 619
Henriquez starts for Wigan, shame can't watch :frown:

Didn't do much apparently.

Fulham if we win tomorrow then
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest