The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
/error?£.php-message_TSR
Original post by IanDangerously
The thing that Liverpool fans conveniently seem to forget is that much of the bile is earned by their actions over the years and 100% deserved. Contrary to what certain biased journalists report in recent meetings between the clubs, there haven't been any Hillsborough chants in the ground. Plenty of songs about the atrocities perpretrated by Liverpool's fans at Heysel Stadium and their disgusting behaviour in the years since. We will never forget, or let them forget, what they did.

This is a perfect example of the victim complex we refer to with the "Always the Victims" song. It's fine to bring banners saying "All Cops Are Bastards" to OT yesterday because a few of them resulted in the deaths of innocent fans and covered it up for twenty years; but it's not fine to say all scousers are bastards when they did the same to another team's fans. We all remember the half-assed apology vs Juventus in 2005. Personally I have great sympathy with the 96 and their families but what the police did is nothing LFC as a club haven't also done.

I'm also not sure where this idea about our fans attacking women and kids comes from, but I've never seen it from United lads at home or away. Then again this coming from the same set of fans who last season tweeted that MUFC fans had spat on the Hillsborough memorial after the game - whilst we were still locked inside the ground! Oops.

I'd love to know how you justify Liverpool fans spitting on disabled supporters yesterday too, as seen by folks that I know in the K Stand. I don't know why anyone was surprised, ever since the disabled fans were put under the away end every year they've been pelted with coins, plastic bottles and cups of human excrement when Liverpool come to town.

Not to mention the concourse being smashed up most seasons, the inflatable plane a few years back, the video on YouTube of hundreds of LFC fans singing Munich under the stand; or the destruction of executive boxes the year at the FA Cup semi-final the year they played Chelsea here. Yes, even LFC's "corporate" fans ripped a wall down between the multiseat facilities. All of these things I've either seen personally or heard directly from the staff who used to run the matchday operations here at Old Trafford.

Oh and for the record, I walked back down Matt Busby Way wearing an offensive anti-Liverpool t-shirt as the LFC fans were coming out of the ground and not one person did anything about it. They must've left their Stanley knives at home.

/rant :smile:

Original post by Pn94
At least come up with a decent chant then. It sounds like it's been made up in a nursery or something.

Seriously, I cringe for you lot every time I hear 'always the victim, it's never your fault' and I'm a Liverpool fan.

There was a mural on the Kop, as well as a letter of apology written to and placed on the seat of every Juve fan that game. There was also a banner walked towards their end which had an apology written on it. Welcome packs were given out to in Liverpool to Juve fans as well as red, black and white wristbands. A supporters match was held at the LFC academy.

Half arsed, yes.

Proper hooligan.

As someone who hasn't been on here for a long time, and who wasn't backwards about coming forwards when I was, neither of you have come out of this very well.

I used to vehemently argue both ways on this, but it has got to the point where not only is all the vitriol hidden behind a segregation (and not backed up in actions), it has just become circle of bull****.
(edited 11 years ago)
Looks like pep is going to Bayern at the end of the season. Well, looks like that rules him out of the being SAF's successor then.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Stopmessing
Looks like pep is going to Bayern at the end of the season. Well,looks like that rules him out of the being SAF's successor then.

SAF says he plans to stay on for a couple more years, Guardiola has only signed for three years in Bayern where do you think he's coming next? :wink:
Reply 624
David Gill says we're looking at Zaha, but also that any potential deal would be done in the summer.

I suppose we're looking at him to replace Nani if he doesn't sign a new deal, 18 months left so if it's not signed by the summer he'll be gone. The next month or so is crucial I think, Nani's getting back to fitness at a time when Valencia's off form, he has a chance to establish himself in the team which would surely make a new contract more likely. I hope we keep him because he offers something a bit different in terms of style, Young and Valencia are both quite limited where Nani is completely unpredictable and can do anything. Might be that the damage is already done and he's off regardless though.

Looks like pep is going to Bayern at the end of the season. Well, looks like that rules him out of the being SAF's successor then.

If anything, the fact he's not waiting around for the Chelsea job which will be available in the summer, or any potential vacancy at City with Mancini under a bit of pressure, probably makes it more likely. I've given up speculating though because it seems impossible to know when SAF will call it a day.

Or conversely it might mean that he wants the United job, if SAF intends on staying around for another 3 years as he says he does, going to Bayern on a three year contract allows him to manage at the other only real top club he could without going to one of our direct rivals.
It's still a possibility, but it all depends on how much SAF has left in the tank. Still, it would be interesting to see how pep adapts to a different league/team.

Reply 627
It's still a possibility, but it all depends on how much SAF has left in the tank. Still, it would be interesting to see how pep adapts to a different league/team.

Does he even know how to speak German? Because surely if he were going to manage a team with predominantly German speaking players then he would need to speak German, right?
Original post by IanLim93
SAF says he plans to stay on for a couple more years, Guardiola has only signed for three years in Bayern where do you think he's coming next? :wink:

Ferguson is always going to come out with ****e like that. He loves misleading the media (fair enough), and is also never going to repeat his mistake in 2002 (also fair enough).

As noted in the most recent RI, however, it's funny how he's recently become such a big fan of the 'Director of Football' mantle, after being opposed to it for so long.

Apropos of nothing, you can get reasonably informed odds on him going over the next 3 years (2014 is favourite, although I've lumped on for 2013 at 3/1).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 629
As I see its great for us, Pep hasn't joined a rival side but at Bayern we can see how good pep is without the barca academy, was his success really down to the players he inherited or is he a top manager, personally like pep but really want ole to manage us instead.
Reply 630
Lindegaard, Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Buttner, Valencia, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Chicharito, Rooney

Bench: Amos Ferdinand Carrick Welbeck RvP Scholes Kagawa

West Ham team looks fairly weak, looks like SAF really wants this FA cup
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rohitbd
As I see its great for us, Pep hasn't joined a rival side but at Bayern we can see how good pep is without the barca academy, was his success really down to the players he inherited or is he a top manager, personally like pep but really want ole to manage us instead.

By joining the german barcelona who've been in 2 CL finals. Germany is currently seen as the second best country in the world. There is mainly a bayern munich contingent in the national team and they have great youth players from bayern. It's not really going to show anything. He'll blaze the league and do decent in the champions league for a couple of seasons like all the managers of top clubs in europe.
Original post by Tommyjw
Lindegaard, Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Buttner, Valencia, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Chicharito, Rooney

Bench: Amos Ferdinand Carrick Welbeck RvP Scholes Kagawa

West Ham team looks fairly weak, looks like SAF really wants this FA cup

Happy to see Nani, Anderson and Rooney back and great to see such a large rotation of 10 players. A very strong bench from us too.
Pep's decision to join Bayern on a three-year deal definitely suggests that he is keeping his options open in regards to coaching in England. SAF is not going to retire at the end of this season and IMO, will keep going for another two seasons at least and erm, that's when Pep's contract will expire, and he will join us! Simple! But we all know anything can happen in football so not a definite plan. He might be awaiting Wenger's departure at Arsenal, another club he's admired in the past. But as seba said (great to see you back btw dude :wink:) no-one knows.

Concerned about our back five for the Cup match, Jones at CB doesn't install confidence and Buttner. But hopefully our attacking options will get the match sorted so our defence won't be as tested.
Reply 634
Suarez has come out and said we control the media again.

Deluded guy fits in well with all the conspiracy guys that support him i suppose
Reply 635
Original post by jam277
By joining the german barcelona who've been in 2 CL finals. Germany is currently seen as the second best country in the world. There is mainly a bayern munich contingent in the national team and they have great youth players from bayern. It's not really going to show anything. He'll blaze the league and do decent in the champions league for a couple of seasons like all the managers of top clubs in europe.

Bayern are a amazing side never said they weren't, however saying he'll blaze the league is extremely ignorant, Dortmund have won it for the last 2 years, and 5 teams have won the league there in the last 9 years, again do some research before you post. All I'm saying is if he wants to become SAF replacement then he has a good chance to become a favourite by ding well at bayern. He joined Bayern because he wants to join a prestigious club and not for the money (or else he could've gone city or chelsea) and just yesterday he said he wants manage in the epl, we all know there is no team more prestigious than United.
A strong performance from Nani will make things exciting
Original post by Tommyjw
Suarez has come out and said we control the media again.

Deluded guy fits in well with all the conspiracy guys that support him i suppose

We control the media? Does that include Liverpool FC TV aswell?

He's probably still upset that he played 90mins at OT and was restricted to scraps in the first half and non-existant in the battle of the leading goal-scorers.

I wish the people around him would make him realise to move forward and stop living in the past. It happened, punishments given, hands shook, move on.
Original post by rohitbd
Bayern are a amazing side never said they weren't, however saying he'll blaze the league is extremely ignorant, Dortmund have won it for the last 2 years, and 5 teams have won the league there in the last 9 years, again do some research before you post. All I'm saying is if he wants to become SAF replacement then he has a good chance to become a favourite by ding well at bayern. He joined Bayern because he wants to join a prestigious club and not for the money (or else he could've gone city or chelsea) and just yesterday he said he wants manage in the epl, we all know there is no team more prestigious than United.

5 teams have won the league there I know that already. But how long have they been at the top? Where are stuttgart? Where are wolfsburg? where is the other team that won the league bar bayern or dortmund? They're not there. They're not at the top that's what I'm saying. Dortmund are a carbon copy of leverkusen, they'll lose their key players year by year and eventually they'll turn into a valencia/porto but you'll still see bayern at the top of the league. Quite a bit like united the past 20 years.

He joined bayern because of that, but don't act like it's the hardest job in the world. They have half the german team(the second best country in the world) so obviously he's with a group of very good players, I'd like to see him do it at united before I judge him. I'm not saying he's a bad manager or that his motives were that he wanted an easy ride.
Reply 639
benching the great man :facepalm2:, fergie's well and truly lost it

Latest