The Student Room Group

why do employers send responses via post?

i find it really annoying when i send off an application and they reply via post even though i've provided my email address and mobile number. If they emailed me i could have the answer much sooner than if they sent a letter. Also for graduate schemes they must realise that people won't be at their home a lot in term time so actually getting hold of the response can be a bit of an pain in the the neck.

I was just wondering if there is an actual practical reason for this or have some companies just not caught up with the times?
Reply 1
I dunno. Maybe they are trying to make themselves look more prestigious. If I sent u an offer letter sealed with red candle wax you'd probably think that my company was da bees knees
Reply 2
Paper always seems a bit more official and perhaps shows that they have a greater consideration for you. I have received a good deal of email applications though.
Reply 3
Original post by BabyfacedDom
i find it really annoying when i send off an application and they reply via post even though i've provided my email address and mobile number. If they emailed me i could have the answer much sooner than if they sent a letter. Also for graduate schemes they must realise that people won't be at their home a lot in term time so actually getting hold of the response can be a bit of an pain in the the neck.

I was just wondering if there is an actual practical reason for this or have some companies just not caught up with the times?

I work in HR and we send out offer letters because they must be signed by the new employee. The letter will have all conditions in it which you must agree with.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Pop_tart
I work in HR and we send out offer letters because they must be signed by the new employee. The letter will have all conditions in it which you must agree with.

ha i wouldn't know about that cos i only receive rejection letters :P
Reply 5
Original post by BabyfacedDom
ha i wouldn't know about that cos i only receive rejection letters :P

I'm sorry to hear that! If I can offer any advice on your CV or anything else, feel free to contact me :smile:
Original post by Pop_tart
I'm sorry to hear that! If I can offer any advice on your CV or anything else, feel free to contact me :smile:

thanks for the offer :smile:

I think the issue is i'm in one of those situations where i can't get a job cos i haven't had experience buti can't get experience with out a job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending