The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel History Unit 2: Crown & Authority (22/01/13)y

Is there anybody doing this exam? Could do with some tips on how to structure answers to the two questions - I'm fine w/ knowledge, just terrible with technique. Got a C for the paper last year (overall B) and I need an A so at least a low A in this exam is a must!
If you haven't seen this before, this is a great revision pack and tool on how to answer the questions!

http://www.jrwschool.com/page41.htm

I'm also retaking, got a D in it last year and it dragged me down :frown:

What do you think will come up?
Reply 2
Banking on Wolsey something or foreign policy

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Really hoping foreign policy doesn't come up!
Reply 4
Whys that? :P I think it's one of the least boring topics of the course!

Reply 5
Original post by GemmaSmith
Banking on Wolsey something or foreign policy

Wolsey? Have never come across him in my revision. What years are you covering?
Reply 6
1509-40

Reply 7
Original post by BulletproofHeart
If you haven't seen this before, this is a great revision pack and tool on how to answer the questions!

http://www.jrwschool.com/page41.htm

I'm also retaking, got a D in it last year and it dragged me down :frown:

What do you think will come up?

Thanks for the link! Not entirely sure what will come up to be honest. For Elizabeth I'm hoping it will be foreign policy because that's where I have the most to talk about. I would guess that you are doing a different topic to me though. I'm doing 1588-1629 (Elizabeth, James & Charles).
Reply 8
Original post by GemmaSmith
1509-40

Ah right no wonder - I'm doing 1588-1629
Reply 9
Oh haha! My bad

Are knowledge of dates particularly important for this paper? Can't find them mentioned in the mark scheme.
Ahhh forgot there's more than one set of questions for this exam! xD Urm, i think you need to know some of the main ones, but not alot. If you don't know the date don't guess, just don't put it!
Original post by BulletproofHeart
Ahhh forgot there's more than one set of questions for this exam! xD Urm, i think you need to know some of the main ones, but not alot. If you don't know the date don't guess, just don't put it!

Good to know! Yeah I know main ones (i.e. start & end of wars and key economic issues) but learning everything in between would be impossible! From the A grade answers that I've seen dates don't seem to be too important anyway.
Yeah, if you don't put the date they just assume you know it, if you put the wrong date they might ignore the whole of your point on the basis they think you don't know when it was.
Reply 14
PLEASE GUYS! If anyone is doing the reign of Elizabeth can someone send me the spec my history teacher literally doesnt even know what a specification is and she basically gave us two LARGE text books and said there you go, theres no structure to our as lessons so would appreciate anything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending