The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by Jackkkkk
can you do that? Oh I will try thank's :smile:
Hhaa how comes ?

You're the only one applying for student finance? Haha yeah just click the link that says I can't find my course, I know it's quite odd but bear with... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1721
Original post by ILoveTehran
Do Cambridge put more emphasis on AS or A2 ( for gap year students) cos I heard they put a lot of emphasis on AS but I'm not sure if the same applies for gap year students...

Hmmm I did not soo amazing on my maths as but got an A* in the end of A2, I think the actual result is more important than your AS, as it's indicative of both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oboe1994
You're the only one applying for student finance? Haha yeah just click the link that says I can't find my course, I know it's quite odd but bear with... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I probably am - keen gap year student :P
I found it :smile: - Thank you !!
Do Cambridge put more emphasis on AS or A2 ( for gap year students) cos I heard they put a lot of emphasis on AS but I'm not sure if the same applies for gap year students...

They will take it all in to account. Personally, if you show an improvement from AS to A2, then that will be better for you, whereas a decline in results would be worse. So, I would lean towards heavier importance on A2 UMS. Looking at my experience, this would seem to fit. :smile:

Hmmm I did not soo amazing on my maths as but got an A* in the end of A2, I think the actual result is more important than your AS, as it's indicative of both.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How's the wait going? >.< I sorted out my finance the other day - King's wasn't there for me either. :tongue: Just followed what you said and entered the address after choosing my college wasn't present. :smile:

8 months to go...! >.<
Reply 1724
Ughhh but half of that time I still have to go to school. I have lost all motivation and am currently googling accommodation instead of doing my German coursework/practising for my repertoire assessment. :smile: you?
Original post by Oromis263
They will take it all in to account. Personally, if you show an improvement from AS to A2, then that will be better for you, whereas a decline in results would be worse. So, I would lean towards heavier importance on A2 UMS. Looking at my experience, this would seem to fit. :smile:

>.<

Did you also apply whilst you were on a gap year?
Ughhh but half of that time I still have to go to school. I have lost all motivation and am currently googling accommodation instead of doing my German coursework/practising for my repertoire assessment. :smile: you?

Ah, the accommodation - what are your plans? I reckon I'll definitely put Keynes as my preference building. :biggrin: I wish there were more pictures.. I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to hunt down some images of several parts of the college that just seem to be 'non-existant', to little avail. :tongue:

I'm actually quite glad I have college to go in to, when I feel like it, because it gives me something to do that isn't just doing weird things - like trying to learn Norwegian. :biggrin:

Did you also apply whilst you were on a gap year?

Yes. :smile:
Reply 1727
Original post by Kavalier
Oh God, I shred paper too. It's probably the least stimulating activity I have ever engaged in. That and franking letters, which is also a delightful aspect of my job :tongue: Oooh Asia too, how exciting! I'm going to Vietnam, Laos and Thailand, and then Japan as well. How about you?

Haha I havent done any franking, what a shame... :P I'm going to thailand, cambodia, vietnam, singapore, australia and hong kong :smile: when do you leave? we could be there at the same time haha
Reply 1728
Ah, the accommodation - what are your plans? I reckon I'll definitely put Keynes as my preference building. :biggrin: I wish there were more pictures.. I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to hunt down some images of several parts of the college that just seem to be 'non-existant', to little avail. :tongue:

I'm actually quite glad I have college to go in to, when I feel like it, because it gives me something to do that isn't just doing weird things - like trying to learn Norwegian. :biggrin:

Apparently music students have a completely different room allocation policy cos they have to fit a piano in. *cough* awesomee. :biggrin: but I kind of want a cheap room so I don't know...
Reply 1729
oops forgot to quote you properly. meh.

Apparently music students have a completely different room allocation policy cos they have to fit a piano in. *cough* awesomee. :biggrin: but I kind of want a cheap room so I don't know...

Ah yeah, I've heard that - I think I read that either the market hostel or tennis court road hostel has the rooms big enough for pianos. :tongue: I also believe they are (on average?) cheaper than the central site rooms. :biggrin:
Reply 1731
Ah yeah, I've heard that - I think I read that either the market hostel or tennis court road hostel has the rooms big enough for pianos. :tongue: I also believe they are (on average?) cheaper than the central site rooms. :biggrin:

Hmmm not sure I read a student's thing where it said they have piano rooms everywhere and you just pick where :smile: well anyway my rooms gna be banging. x)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1732
Hmmm not sure I read a student's thing where it said they have piano rooms everywhere and you just pick where :smile: well anyway my rooms gna be banging. x)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bangin' out tha tunes.

Ouch my head hurts.
Reply 1733
Original post by wibletg
Bangin' out tha tunes.

Ouch my head hurts.

Bangin oboe practice more like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: For the record, it's true that music undergrads get pianos in their rooms. Music postgrads on the other hand...
Reply 1735

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those instruments are monstrous :sexface:
Reply 1736
Original post by wibletg
Those instruments are monstrous :sexface:

Must've heard some bad oboists. Google/spotify Francois Leleux, he is god.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1737
Must've heard some bad oboists. Google/spotify Francois Leleux, he is god.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chillax music.
Reply 1738
Original post by wibletg
Chillax music.

Baha just saying :tongue: dinnae diss me oboe. x)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pssssht, it's all about the flute choir. :wink: We iz gonna be smashin' dem tunes in da chapel, safe.

I've heard of some awesome double-floored rooms at the top of Keynes.... do want! They sound awesome. :cool: Kind of sucks having to wait until mid-September to find out our allocations... Ooooh, we get college parents too, some point in August probably. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending