The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Entry Requirement help?

Hi, I just wondered about my offer.

In my offer, they said that they would take at least 260 UCAS points from A Levels (or equivalent), but 320 overall.

I went onto their website about the standard minimum entry for degree programmes and saw this:

The equivalent of two 4-unit or 6-unit awards - for example, GCE/VCE A-level, (other than General Studies), with the equivalent to three GCSE level qualifications or the Foundation Diploma (see above);

Do you think they'll accept General Studies as part of my offer, even if it doesn't count as one of the A Levels?
Reply 1
Original post by beccagood95
Hi, I just wondered about my offer.

In my offer, they said that they would take at least 260 UCAS points from A Levels (or equivalent), but 320 overall.

I went onto their website about the standard minimum entry for degree programmes and saw this:

The equivalent of two 4-unit or 6-unit awards - for example, GCE/VCE A-level, (other than General Studies), with the equivalent to three GCSE level qualifications or the Foundation Diploma (see above);

Do you think they'll accept General Studies as part of my offer, even if it doesn't count as one of the A Levels?
You can try it, but they clearly stated they don't want GS ''(other than General Studies)'', as do most unis, you probably should've checked this out before, try ace your other alevels rather than using GS as its a very weak alevel
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Yeah, I was going to do that anyway, General Studies is a compulsory subject here. But they do make if very difficult to find out if they do or don't, it wasn't anywhere on the subject page. I'm not even sure how I found it!
Reply 3
Original post by beccagood95
Yeah, I was going to do that anyway, General Studies is a compulsory subject here. But they do make if very difficult to find out if they do or don't, it wasn't anywhere on the subject page. I'm not even sure how I found it!
Still annoyed at how some schools have this illusion that general studies is actually useful in anyway shape or form, I heard some of the marks you get is down to luck of the draw (i.e. whats on the paper) plus the stuff doesn't really develop thinking that much. Well its good you have a back up plan since not many unis accept GS anymore
Reply 4
Original post by Robbie242
Still annoyed at how some schools have this illusion that general studies is actually useful in anyway shape or form, I heard some of the marks you get is down to luck of the draw (i.e. whats on the paper) plus the stuff doesn't really develop thinking that much. Well its good you have a back up plan since not many unis accept GS anymore

I think it's because they get more money if we do it! :biggrin:
They make us do 4 subjects for that reason alone, I've heard!
Reply 5
I emailed them, and it turns out they actually do accept General Studies as an A Level! :biggrin:

Takes some pressure off for the Summer Exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending