The Student Room Group

No reply = rejection?

So basically I haven't got a reply yet for imperial and Bristol for mechanical engineering. I applied around late October and its mid march now. So I'm guessing they have rejected me but shouldn't this be shown on track? It says nothing on track so I emailed them my jan results as I have already achieved one of their requirements which's an A* in maths. So why haven't they replied or rejected me yet or are they too lazy to reject lol :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Nope. Rejection = Rejection. No reply = slow admissions department. Annoying, but it happens to a lot of people. They'll contact you for definite if anything changes, just hang in there!
Reply 2
Original post by shayanc
So basically I haven't got a reply yet for imperial and Bristol for mechanical engineering. I applied around late October and its mid march now. So I'm guessing they have rejected me but shouldn't this be shown on track? It says nothing on track so I emailed them my jan results as I have already achieved one of their requirements which's an A* in maths. So why haven't they replied or rejected me yet or are they too lazy to reject lol :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

The recc deadline is 31st March, they can reply whenever they want before then, even a little bit after. You get auto-rejected if you've no reply roughly May-time I think.
Original post by noobslayer
The recc deadline is 31st March, they can reply whenever they want before then, even a little bit after. You get auto-rejected if you've no reply roughly May-time I think.

Actually May 9th, not March 31st. The March 31st one is a sort of recommended deadline that the unis can ignore if they want.
Reply 4
Ok thanks guys but realistically can a person get an offer so late?
Reply 5
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Actually May 9th, not March 31st. The March 31st one is a sort of recommended deadline that the unis can ignore if they want.

hence why I said 'recc deadline'
Reply 6
Original post by shayanc
Ok thanks guys but realistically can a person get an offer so late?

My friend got an offer from LSE last week so I don't see why not!
Original post by noobslayer
hence why I said 'recc deadline'

Well they can reply any time they want up to March 31st, or at any point in the six weeks following it :tongue: For the sake of keeping things straightforward you may as well pretend the March 31st "deadline" doesn't exist at all. If they can just ignore it and wait until May 9th instead if they want to, it's not really a deadline.
Reply 8
just be patient babes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending