The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinda.college
He wouldn't have done it any of the Chelsea defenders.

Yea true enough. Not Torres' biggest fan but its hard to think of a less violent footballer tbh so lost quite a bit of respect for Ferdinand.
I think its pretty simple, he's coming up against a striker lacking confidence and he's getting aggressive and intimidating him.
Original post by Zürich
Yea true enough. Not Torres' biggest fan but its hard to think of a less violent footballer tbh so lost quite a bit of respect for Ferdinand.

Original post by doggyfizzel
I think its pretty simple, he's coming up against a striker lacking confidence and he's getting aggressive and intimidating him.

Still lost respect for him, Torres didn't even say anything after which made it even worse.
TBH never seen Torres really lose his cool, always seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Original post by Malevolent
Hmm now you mention it I'm struggling to think when is a time Torres has genuinely looked enraged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember in the CL Final last year, he got a yellow for literally a couple words said to the ref. Don't know why I remember this, I think it was the final.
He wouldn't have done it any of the Chelsea defenders.

Would have been funny if he did it to john terry. Just to see the reaction. :awesome:
He wouldn't have done it to robert huth.

Tbh he wouldn't have done it to anyone but torres in that match. I remember toure doing it to mata but toure then got schooled for the rest of the match so I don't think he's doing that again.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2005
I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Rio doesn't like Torres? He's always given him a ****load of abuse - there was one of the Champions League games against Chelsea where he was chirping away throughout the whole game, and even pulled him up once by his shirt when Torres went down.
Yeah, may not like the guy but he's still a **** for doing it in that circumstance. We remember john terry in the CL semi final vs barcelona right getting sent off for the knee in the back of sanchez.
Date Set

Chelsea v Manchester United
The FA Cup with Budweiser
Sixth Round Proper replay
12.20pm, Monday 1 April 2013
Stamford Bridge, Chelsea FC
Live on ITV1

Two days after Sunderland away.

West Ham put on 17th too.

So..

14 April - Stoke v Man Utd
17 April - West Ham v Man Utd
22 April - Man Utd v Aston Villa
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Date Set

Chelsea v Manchester United
The FA Cup with Budweiser
Sixth Round Proper replay
12.20pm, Monday 1 April 2013
Stamford Bridge, Chelsea FC
Live on ITV1

Easter / April Fool's Day

United have to travel to Sunderland on the 30th, then all the way down to London
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Easter / April Fool's Day

United have to travel to Sunderland on the 30th, then all the way down to London

Chelsea are away to Southampton on the same day (been changed to that) and could have another game around then to.. not ure when it would be though.. so it;s on both sides really
Reply 2010
Lucky we've got a pretty deep squad. I'd keep one of Rooney or Van Persie fresh for Chelsea along with Hernandez. Kagawa/Welbeck can partner the other for Sunderland. Then options on the wing with combinations involving Valencia, Young, Welbeck/Kagawa, Nani (hopefully).

Giggs, Anderson, Cleverly and Carrick for midfield. Evans, Smalling, Rio, Vidic at CB, and Rafael/Jones full back. I'd personally play Buttner against Sunderland, keep Evra for Chelsea.
It's is going to be tough with only 48hrs between the games but I am really happy with our depth in the squad and can see a lot of rotation with Jones, Smalling, Anderson and Welbeck getting a game against Sunderland. I am hoping we don't pick any injuries in the international break as our selection choice is pretty great atm.
Original post by cheetahs56
I got lucky for Madrid, lightning strike twice? Surely not.....:tongue:

Doubtful but may as well try your luck and find out! :smile:

Original post by Kenan and Kel
The 'chubbed' text/email is just an absolute day-ruiner

I know, at least there's only a couple home games a season that go to a ballot. Less painful texts than when I had my ST and seemed to get a chubbing every bloody Friday morning!
Original post by IanDangerously
Doubtful but may as well try your luck and find out! :smile:

Haha, you been to any big games this season? I'll get a season ticket when I start working, probably share it with my brother as it's hard to make the trip down for every home game:wink:
Original post by Tommyjw
Depends which way you look at it.

What Rio did was a yellow card offence.

When was the last time the FA punished someone like that, retrospectively, for a yellow card offence? There may well be one, but i certainly can't remember any. They are then setting a precedent which they would then have to follow

For the record, there's no way he should have been banned in my eyes, but a fine would have been reasonable.

Hahaha so biased its unreal.
Violent conduct off the ball is clearly a red card offence (see Terry-Sanchez last year)
Come on Arsenal....
Original post by scotttb
Hahaha so biased its unreal.
Violent conduct off the ball is clearly a red card offence (see Terry-Sanchez last year)

Indeed it is.

The important fact is though, as determined by both Webbs post match comments, the FA ruling, and the general facts, the action was not violent conduct.
Original post by cheetahs56
Come on Arsenal....

Did you enjoy the multiple incidents like Nanis not punished ? I did.

Thought Arsenal would do well, perhaps not that well though.
Surely Martinez's tackle today on Arteta i think it was, was worse than Nani's? Still can't get over Nani's red card.... ludicrous decision by that stupid flippin ref! Winning the double this year would be amazing though.
Original post by Tommyjw
Did you enjoy the multiple incidents like Nanis not punished ? I did.

Thought Arsenal would do well, perhaps not that well though.

Same, wanted them true purely for a British representative......

Exactly- it was just a stupid decision. That referee should be struck off the lift for UEFA, i'm still hurting inside about that game.

Latest