The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by Bulbasaur
Depends - what sort of facts?
I'd hope so. I'm looking forward to becoming even more sleep deprived :tongue:

Often obscure things to do with language/history/literature/science... so anything really :lol:
I'm not, I need my sleep! :nooo: Luckily my college doesn't have a 24 hour library which I hope will push me to procrastinating less...
Original post by not_a_dog
Posted from TSR Mobile

The 4th of January I think! I'm so glad our college emails in the morning of results day, I don't think I could have waited until the Tuesday when the letter finally came! How about you? :smile:

I got my offer a week after I guess. At first, I didn't think I would get any reply back from them but they have certainly surprised me. My letter took so long to come I was panicking that my college didn't send it off on results day. When I got the letter from them, It was a relief :biggrin:
Reply 2062
Original post by Pleonasm
I see. That seems logical. I am also undecided about my course, but my family is so excited that I got in (much more so than I am it must be said) that I feel as if it would be rather difficult to reject Cambridge.

Still, I could always purposefully miss the req. grades for Cambridge and get for my insurance offer instead. In fact that could be rather interesting/ fun.

Same here. Literally the best thing about getting an offer from Cambridge was seeing my parents so happy. While it isn't my favourite school or course among those that I applied (and got in) to, I'm pretty sure I'll be going there if I meet the offer - not that I don't want to; I'm very glad/grateful for the offer, just not as much as my parents are xD

I couldn't purposefully miss the required grades though; I'd find that humiliating (since people are so excited for me to go there :P) and worse than rejecting the offer.
Original post by Rushtail
Same here. Literally the best thing about getting an offer from Cambridge was seeing my parents so happy. While it isn't my favourite school or course among those that I applied (and got in) to, I'm pretty sure I'll be going there if I meet the offer - not that I don't want to; I'm very glad/grateful for the offer, just not as much as my parents are xD

I couldn't purposefully miss the required grades though; I'd find that humiliating (since people are so excited for me to go there :P) and worse than rejecting the offer.

You're the kind of person who doesn't deserve an offer.
Original post by maniac_almanac
Hey guys! I've got a few questions here, hope you can help me with it!

1. Does Cambridge allow retakes? What if I've already met the minimum conditions for the grade but I just want to perfect the scores?

2. When will the colleges send us details on accommodation? :biggrin:

3. Will a college ever revise the offer requirements? E.g. from A*AA to A*AAA / A*A*A?

Thank you!!! :tongue:

1)As long as it's within the two years of your A-levels, I doubt they'll mind. There really is no point though if you're just doing it to "perfect your scores."
2)You might get a form asking about preferences once you've firmed them, but apart from that I wouldn't expect to hear much until after results day.
3)What exactly do you mean? If they have already made you an offer, they can't change it. But if they wanted to change their standard offer for next year's applicants, they could do that.
Reply 2065
Original post by member591354
You're the kind of person who doesn't deserve an offer.

I am as deserving as everyone else who got an offer :smile:
Original post by Rushtail
I am as deserving as everyone else who got an offer :smile:

I think that there's a certain idea that the only people who deserve an Oxbridge offer are the ones who obsess over it; and that people who get an offer but have second thoughts about it are less deserving than a person who didn't but would have accepted it with a second thought. I wouldn't worry about it too much; firstly because it's not us but the admissions tutors who decide who deserves one or not (And clearly they decided you deserved one) and because I'm not under the delusion that Cambridge is the best place for every course for every individual. If there's a university which you prefer and which you feel will cater to your needs and aspirations better than Cambridge will, then fair play to you and good luck.
Reply 2067
Anyone looking to join the Arab Society? :biggrin: (weird question, I know)
No one from my school has ever had an offer from Oxbridge nor have they had an interview; will this benefit my application?
Original post by ALevel96
No one from my school has ever had an offer from Oxbridge nor have they had an interview; will this benefit my application?

It will put you on the flagged list, I think (especially if it's a fairly big school which under performs in other ways)...probably be a bit of an advantage, though you will still have to be good in interview, and have reasonable grades
Reply 2070
FSDF
Original post by ThatFrog
Anyone looking to join the Arab Society? :biggrin: (weird question, I know)

yup :smile:
Original post by Etoile
Often obscure things to do with language/history/literature/science... so anything really :lol:
I'm not, I need my sleep! :nooo: Luckily my college doesn't have a 24 hour library which I hope will push me to procrastinating less...

Haha I see xD

Well I meant that sarcastically... kinda. Well, that's one way of looking at it. To be honest, i'm under the impression that once I get to uni I'll be so motivated because... well, it's uni, it's cambridge, and it's my subject. I'm probably totally wrong and end up in the library till 4am because I procrastinated the day before, though :tongue: (Some of us actually do have the privilege, or displeasure, of having a 24hr library... D: )

I've sort of realised that if I don't stop procrastinating now though, I'll probably miss my offer... so from Easter onwards I think i'll start blitzing through revision. Given how cold they say it's gonna be, I don't mind all that much XD
Reply 2073
Original post by Bulbasaur
Haha I see xD

Well I meant that sarcastically... kinda. Well, that's one way of looking at it. To be honest, i'm under the impression that once I get to uni I'll be so motivated because... well, it's uni, it's cambridge, and it's my subject. I'm probably totally wrong and end up in the library till 4am because I procrastinated the day before, though :tongue: (Some of us actually do have the privilege, or displeasure, of having a 24hr library... D: )

I've sort of realised that if I don't stop procrastinating now though, I'll probably miss my offer... so from Easter onwards I think i'll start blitzing through revision. Given how cold they say it's gonna be, I don't mind all that much XD

I am so good at sarcasm :facepalm: True! Maybe you'll want to stay up til 4 am on an essay because you love it so much :tongue:
Same, I don't really need to revise languages (so 3 out of my 4 subjects :colone:) but I will need to revise a lot for English :eek: Yuck, snow :redface:
Reply 2074
Hi everyone! I just got accepted into Fitzwilliam! Very happy :biggrin:
Original post by R&R
Hi everyone! I just got accepted into Fitzwilliam! Very happy :biggrin:

"Just got" did you say? :lolwut: never know Cambridge would take this long.

Anyways congratzz!! :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by n.confused
A*A*A offer here... The A*s are in Maths and Further Maths, probably deserve it though... Took me 20 seconds and my interviewer pointing it out that -2 = 0 is obviously wrong. Oops! For Clare though, not St John's

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey there
congrats on your offer
did you get step as part of it, and if so what were your step offers
Original post by yoitsro
hey there
congrats on your offer
did you get step as part of it, and if so what were your step offers

Hey, thank you! No thankfully STEP wasn't part of my offer :smile:
So, who else will I be meeting on Monday at the STEP school?
Original post by n.confused
Hey, thank you! No thankfully STEP wasn't part of my offer :smile:

wow your a lucky guy :tongue:
im sure many people would take a*a*aa over a 1 in step 3
how high were your ums
sorry about the questions, im a year 12, and atm trying to decide whether to apply to oxford or cambridge
thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending