The Student Room Group

omg breaking news

:tongue:

HI has anyone ever been through a role play, through a telephone interview before? and could tell me what to expect, thanks :smile:
Original post by hasan4life
:tongue:

HI has anyone ever been through a role play, through a telephone interview before? and could tell me what to expect, thanks :smile:

I was brought here under false pretenses by your thread title, damn you... :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by proud nd luvin it
I was brought here under false pretenses by your thread title, damn you... :tongue:

haha :tongue: needed to make the title attractive to get more ppl to click :tongue:
Reply 3
What sort of role play? I had a telephone interview but it was mainly questions...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Aliyam91
What sort of role play? I had a telephone interview but it was mainly questions...

Posted from TSR Mobile

basically i have to take over a role, so basically play out a role of customer advisor :smile:
basically i have to take over a role, so basically play out a role of customer advisor :smile:

Don't um and err or hesitate too much. Make ysure you sound confident in everything you say.
Reply 6
Oh okay, I didn't do that but I suspect the person on the phone will play the role of a customer (most probably a distressed or unhappy customer) and you will be expected to resolve the query they have.

This is just a guess based on what you have said. There is more info online about how to deal with tough/ unhappy customers.

Hope that helps :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well played
Reply 8

I had to do this for a medical school interview;

- Give them time to digest the information
- Ask if they have questions
- Maybe give them a leaflet before they leave?
- Find somewhere quiet
- Ask if theyd like a friend/family there (if its serious)
- Let them express their emotions
- Explain news+plan of action in an easy to understand, sensitive way!
- Apologise, take reponsibility, dont make too many excuses

Good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by thunder_chunky
Don't um and err or hesitate too much. Make ysure you sound confident in everything you say.

thats my biggest weakness :colondollar:

Original post by Aliyam91
Oh okay, I didn't do that but I suspect the person on the phone will play the role of a customer (most probably a distressed or unhappy customer) and you will be expected to resolve the query they have.

This is just a guess based on what you have said. There is more info online about how to deal with tough/ unhappy customers.

Hope that helps :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah yes that makes sense, thanks :smile:
Original post by SleepySheep
Well played

lool :tongue:

Original post by AtomicMan
I had to do this for a medical school interview;

- Give them time to digest the information
- Ask if they have questions
- Maybe give them a leaflet before they leave?
- Find somewhere quiet
- Ask if theyd like a friend/family there (if its serious)
- Let them express their emotions
- Explain news+plan of action in an easy to understand, sensitive way!
- Apologise, take reponsibility, dont make too many excuses

Good luck!

that makes sense thanks :smile:
Reply 10
I thought you only live in post a picture thread :K: Make sure you do not flirt with the customer :tongue:
Reply 11
You're a ****
Reply 12
Original post by tonberry
You're a ****

Why so mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending