The Student Room Group

Hi Everyone - new - advice needed!

Gc
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by eva_37
Hi gays,
Just a brief question - I am a mature student (37) graduating in a month hopefully with 1:1. Is there an age limit at graduate schemes? Have you meet anyone older than standard 20-25 who was successful or at lest applied?

I don't know anyone personally but I do not think there is an age limit as such, you should be free to apply as a recent graduate. Most likely just the factor of whether you want to be with peers so much younger than you, or can stretch the salary enough etc.
Reply 2
Original post by eva_37
Hi gays,
Just a brief question - I am a mature student (37) graduating in a month hopefully with 1:1. Is there an age limit at graduate schemes? Have you meet anyone older than standard 20-25 who was successful or at lest applied?

Hehe, "hi gays"!

Depends what you've done beforehand, are you happy to take a graduate salary? There's two people on my grad scheme in there thirties, so depends on the company I guess.
Original post by M1011
Hehe, "hi gays"!

Depends what you've done beforehand, are you happy to take a graduate salary? There's two people on my grad scheme in there thirties, so depends on the company I guess.

Haha I didn't even notice the gays part :facepalm2:

Really you have people in their 30s? I guess it's a good way for career changers to get in.
Reply 4
Original post by Tokyoround
Haha I didn't even notice the gays part :facepalm2:

Really you have people in their 30s? I guess it's a good way for career changers to get in.

Yea two of them in my intake of approx 20, both from professional backgrounds. I guess if you want the ACA this is the best way to get it, although they won't necessarily be looking for normal newly qualified roles once they qualify given the past experience!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending