The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Events Management 2013. Moving to all saints?

Hey guys!! :biggrin:

Any peeps doing events in sept! I am super excited and ready to get involved!
Heard it is moving to all saints campus and just want to know if anyone knows that too!
Anyone joining the Cambridge crew!?

Peace
Reply 1
Original post by EmmaLouise55
Hey guys!! :biggrin:

Any peeps doing events in sept! I am super excited and ready to get involved!
Heard it is moving to all saints campus and just want to know if anyone knows that too!
Anyone joining the Cambridge crew!?

Peace

Yeahh Events Management! proper cant wait! thinking of going to briarfields or cambridge accommodation not sure yet, and yeah I emailed them its moving to the new business building, is it tomorrow we can apply for accommodation?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by aza1234
Yeahh Events Management! proper cant wait! thinking of going to briarfields or cambridge accommodation not sure yet, and yeah I emailed them its moving to the new business building, is it tomorrow we can apply for accommodation?

Sorry for the late reply! yes! i applied yesterday . did you :smile: i put cambridge as my first !
Reply 3
Just applying now, hadn't had my letter come through so just rang for my MMU ID number, I think briarfields would be my first then cambridge second, im indecisive so will think about it for an hour before I actually do it
I'm first year events management still & you'll really like it. It's so interesting. I'm staying at cambridge halls now, I advise Briarfields it's a lot nicer :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by cherisecourtney
I'm first year events management still & you'll really like it. It's so interesting. I'm staying at cambridge halls now, I advise Briarfields it's a lot nicer :wink:

Aw wicked! glad you liking the course! any tips you can gimme or things to expect! i wanna be prepared! haha :smile:
They might change the course, but my first year consisted of coursework every month. Well atleast something needed to be handed in each month. Errrrm, you learn a lot in your first year, people say it's a breeze compared to the second but yeah... Also volunteer, it'll help you with future stuff! I got a job at Manchester City & Manchester Arena because of my course and the volunteering I did for it.

Such a good course though, can get you into different industries at the end of your degree from what we've been told :-)
Reply 7
Original post by cherisecourtney
They might change the course, but my first year consisted of coursework every month. Well atleast something needed to be handed in each month. Errrrm, you learn a lot in your first year, people say it's a breeze compared to the second but yeah... Also volunteer, it'll help you with future stuff! I got a job at Manchester City & Manchester Arena because of my course and the volunteering I did for it.

Such a good course though, can get you into different industries at the end of your degree from what we've been told :-)

That sounds wicked! which industry you wanna go into? im thinking music events. Yeah am wanting to volunteer like mad! Do we get to go abroad in the second year and is it worth doing the ambassador thing with the uni? sorry for the questions. lol :smile:
I want to go into the music/festival industry too! But when you learn about it there's soooo much to take into account, I like the sound of conferences which I had didn't really have an idea about before starting the course, but you travel loads of places so that's a bonus haha. & you go abroad on 3rd year if you're on the sandwich course, 2nd year you do your own event. Well if that hasn't changed, that's whats planned for me anyway. & I have no idea about the ambassador thing, sorry!
Original post by EmmaLouise55
That sounds wicked! which industry you wanna go into? im thinking music events. Yeah am wanting to volunteer like mad! Do we get to go abroad in the second year and is it worth doing the ambassador thing with the uni? sorry for the questions. lol :smile:

I do the ambassador thing at the university next door, and it's a lot of fun. It's also paid and extremely flexible in terms of when you work. Having looked at the MMU website it looks pretty similar, so I'd recommend it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Starting Events Management in September too!! Can't wait. Applied for accommodation today and put Briarfields as first choice and Cambridge as second!
Reply 11
Hi guys!:smile:
Are you all studying for your BA next year, or is there somebody studying International Events Management as a master?
Reply 12
Original post by Eryl
Hi guys!:smile:
Are you all studying for your BA next year, or is there somebody studying International Events Management as a master?

Hey!! Yeah just BA in sept ! Excited. Are you already doing it ?? :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by alicebigger
Starting Events Management in September too!! Can't wait. Applied for accommodation today and put Briarfields as first choice and Cambridge as second!

Go Cambridge and we can party together :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending