The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

I'm stuck on choices!

hellooo, if anyone can help me or give me any advice on whether university of hertfordshire is a good choice, I live in cornwall but the special effects course which I want to do is the best one at herfortfordshire uni. Can any one who goes there already tell me how easy they fitted in and if they enjoy it there, like the place and area! I mean compared to cornwall it was so different, i'd be so worried being so far away from home! help pleaseee
Original post by cgriffiths78998
hellooo, if anyone can help me or give me any advice on whether university of hertfordshire is a good choice, I live in cornwall but the special effects course which I want to do is the best one at herfortfordshire uni. Can any one who goes there already tell me how easy they fitted in and if they enjoy it there, like the place and area! I mean compared to cornwall it was so different, i'd be so worried being so far away from home! help pleaseee

Hi there,

I'm a Marketing student here at Hertfordshire and also work as part of the University's Marketing and Communications team.

Although not as far away as cornwall, i also had the 'being away from home' anxiety to deal with when making my decision to come here! For me personally, moving away from home and out of my comfort zone is one of the best decisions i have ever made, coming to Hertfordshire and having to rely solely on myself and getting out and making a completely new set of friends has allowed me to grow as a person. You'll find as soon as you get here you will make new friends and experience all that university has to offer and Herts is great at giving students the opportunity to experience the 'whole university package' social, educational and personal.

If you already know that your course is the right one for you in terms of what it can deliver and offer you for your future then the rest will fall in to place.

Make sure (if you haven't already) that you attend one of our open days and if you have any more questions about your course or uni life in general i'd be happy to help.

thanks,

Ashley (University of Hertfordshire Official Representative)
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Thank you so much for making the time to reply. You have put me at ease quite a bit. The course that I want to do at hertfordshire university is the right one for me and I really want to do it. The only thing stopping me from accepting it straight away was the area it was in, yes it's completely different from what im use too but do current students like living in this area?. How far away is both campuses from each other and is there a library on both campuses. I want to do the special effects course, does the library have an area on this specific subject? thank you again so much! clea
Original post by cgriffiths78998
Thank you so much for making the time to reply. You have put me at ease quite a bit. The course that I want to do at hertfordshire university is the right one for me and I really want to do it. The only thing stopping me from accepting it straight away was the area it was in, yes it's completely different from what im use too but do current students like living in this area?. How far away is both campuses from each other and is there a library on both campuses. I want to do the special effects course, does the library have an area on this specific subject? thank you again so much! clea

Hi again,

No worries!

It depends what you like really, Hatfield is a quite a quiet town and the University centres around everything that goes on here. Students often find themselves venturing in to London for a night out (or other neighbouring towns) and the university offers cheap travel to these places.

Both campuses are literally a mile apart and take about 10/15 minutes to walk from one to the other, however the university has it's own bus company - Uno, and offer a free shuttle bus between each campus. There is also a very large 24 hour library on both campuses which offer course related materials for you to loan or just read whilst you are there.

:smile:

thanks,
Ashley (University of Hertfordshire Official Representative)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending