The Student Room Group

Any gap yearers for 2013 - 2014?

Hello :smile:

Taking a year out after A2s in June but not sure what to do when not travelling. Interested in writing/photgraphy and hoping to study English...any ideas?

What's everyone else planning to do? Any reccommendations - travelling/non-travelling?
Original post by nespix
Hello :smile:

Taking a year out after A2s in June but not sure what to do when not travelling. Interested in writing/photgraphy and hoping to study English...any ideas?

What's everyone else planning to do? Any reccommendations - travelling/non-travelling?

Come backpacking :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Flying Pig
Come backpacking :biggrin:

With whooo? All my friends are going to uni this year and I don't want to go on my own...but I really want to go to thw far east!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nespix
With whooo? All my friends are going to uni this year and I don't want to go on my own...but I really want to go to thw far east!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm looking to stay in Australia for at a least a few months. I will hopefully be doing part-time work there to keep my funding a float, and then will probably backpack to other destinations =]

Interested?
Reply 4
As you are interested in writing/photography, you can start a travel blog, travel review site or holiday recommendation site and use it to discover the best places in Australia as well as earn a living. You can also work for travel companies as travel writer or blogger.
Reply 5
Original post by freedomz
As you are interested in writing/photography, you can start a travel blog, travel review site or holiday recommendation site and use it to discover the best places in Australia as well as earn a living. You can also work for travel companies as travel writer or blogger.

I would +ve rate this but I've run out of ratings :s-smilie: Do you know any good companies I could work for :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by freedomz

I would +ve this but I have no rep left! Do you know any good companies to work for? :smile:
Reply 7
Also anyone have any suggestions regarding stuff to keep me busy in the UK too? My degree choice doesn't really lead straight on to a job or anything and anyone have any suggestions which could help me out? :smile:
Think I'm gonna take a gap year, before reapplying to English, German and Spanish :smile: whilst at home I think ill get a job, and then do volunteering, take part in NaNoWriMo (writing a novel in a month so relevant to English!) take up a new hobby thats cheap, learn to cook interesting dishes... basically just doing stuff I've always wanted to :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'm taking a gap year but I haven't planned any travelling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm taking a gap year, and will probably travel for a good part of it. I'm looking at starting my own little business up though.

Quick Reply

Latest