The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr.MBBS
Hahahaha good luck to you guys having to work like dogs for the next 3 years whilst i prep myself to take over my dads business and become a 10k a day ceo.

Most of you probably wont even know this feel in life - but its your choice i guess.

Spoiler

Reply 2201
Original post by _Georgie
Yeah I reckon we won't have to do anything because they're randomly allocated as you said. No matter what size or bathroom situation everyone pays the same price so really there's nothing to do but agree and sign a form after we're accepted or something :smile:
On another note, nice to meet you! What subject are you doing?

Yeah I guess it's as simple as that. I guess it's fairer this way round and tbh I'm not too fussed what sort of room I get though I guess a bit of choice might be good. Nice to meet you too! I'll be studying Veterinary Medicine. I'm so excited! How about you? :smile:
Original post by Dark Lord of Mordor
Mine is this Friday :tongue:

EMPA?
Original post by bananarama2
EMPA?

Nah, German oral. Do you have an EMPA soon?
Nah, German oral. Do you have an EMPA soon?

I didn't know you did German! Good luck, I do, I just don't know when the written bit is :/

Spoiler

Now that is #SWAG :tongue:
Original post by bananarama2
I didn't know you did German! Good luck, I do, I just don't know when the written bit is :/

Original post by Llewellyn
Now that is #SWAG :tongue:

Indeed :tongue:
Reply 2207
Original post by Tingle8
Hey everyone. Looking forward to seeing you guys at Cambridge next year! I'm on a gap year atm, so luckily I'm guaranteed a place at Jesus College for engineering. Anyone else going to Jesus or doing engineering next year?

Hellooo, I might have to take a gap year this year for computer science (which I don't want but it may be inevitable)...
What kind of stuff did you do to not forget your a-level maths/physics and prepare for university, Did you work? Travel?
Reply 2208
Original post by Dr.MBBS
Hahahaha good luck to you guys having to work like dogs for the next 3 years whilst i prep myself to take over my dads business and become a 10k a day ceo.

Most of you probably wont even know this feel in life - but its your choice i guess.

The reputation indicator here says it all.....
Reply 2209
Original post by pr100
is anyone worried about how much cambridge is going to cost us to live in? I am going to be studying medicine so thats 6 years of a loan! :mad:

I wouldn't worry - my accommodation bill is cheaper than that of people I know at other universities.

You'd be paying the exact same fees with the exact same loan anywhere else you went in the country (assuming you're not International)

Original post by Tingle8
Hey everyone. Looking forward to seeing you guys at Cambridge next year! I'm on a gap year atm, so luckily I'm guaranteed a place at Jesus College for engineering. Anyone else going to Jesus or doing engineering next year?

So you're starting this October or the October after? :tongue:
Reply 2210
Mine is this Friday :tongue:

Ooh viel Glueck! What board are you on?

Original post by Dr.MBBS

Why on earth would I want to take over a business when I could have a much more fulfilling career in academia :lolwut:

Original post by Kalliope
I had a dream last night that I'd been reading my offer letter wrong all this time and I'd actually been rejected from Peterhouse but offered a place at either St John's or Trinity Hall. And I immediately accepted Trinity Hall's place and then wanted to change my mind to John's and couldn't and got very stressed. :lol:

Yeah!! Not helped by all these articles I keep finding in Varsity and The Tab about how stressful the how Cam experience is.

Haha, I'm sure you'd be happy at any of them anyway :tongue:
Really? :eek: Ah well, at least I won't have to do any more Italian exams :h: It's probably only stressful if you let it get stressful, by procrastinating etc.... I hope :L
Original post by Etoile
Ooh viel Glueck! What board are you on?

Danke, und du :smile: AQA
Reply 2212
Danke, und du :smile: AQA

Danke :smile: Same, I guess you lucked out there then :tongue: Are you ready?
Original post by Dr.MBBS

It's not work if it's something you enjoy. I haven't had to work a second for my A Levels because I love what I'm doing, and I hope that that will continue on to university.
Original post by Etoile
Danke :smile: Same, I guess you lucked out there then :tongue: Are you ready?

I think so, we had a couple of revision sessions at another school and that really helped. Need to make sure I don't screw up in the exam though :tongue: How's your preparation going?
Original post by Frankster
:awesome: what course?

HSPS :biggrin: you a Trin offer holder as well?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Rushtail
My exams are in about... 2 and a half weeks. When are yours?

I do Higher Level English Lang & Lit, History, Chemistry; Standard Level Biology, Maths, Chinese Lang & Lit (and Spanish Ab Initio). It's not really focused on English literature, I suppose, but it works xD

Mine are at the start of June, so i have a bit of time.

Wow, that's a lot of subjects. Do most people do IB in your school, or is it just a few people, like a small class?
Original post by Caitlin_dj
HSPS :biggrin: you a Trin offer holder as well?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Nope. Not even in your year :tongue:

Thinking of applying to Trinity/Emmanuel for Engineering this October. :eek:

But congrats on getting the offer! Trinity's a hard college to get into.

EDIT: I really fail to see why I'm getting negs... :eek:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2218
I think so, we had a couple of revision sessions at another school and that really helped. Need to make sure I don't screw up in the exam though :tongue: How's your preparation going?

That sounds good. I need to prepare for one of my oral topics still, and my teacher wanted us to do loads of practice debate cards over easter... guess I'll do that tonight then :colondollar:
Original post by Etoile
That sounds good. I need to prepare for one of my oral topics still, and my teacher wanted us to do loads of practice debate cards over easter... guess I'll do that tonight then :colondollar:

Procrastination always wins... :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending