The Student Room Group

Virginity

i am 20 years old and i am sick of still being a virgin, it makes me feel abnormal from everyone,i dont know what to do about it anymore.
Everyone i know is off having sex and im here feeling lonely as ever, i sometimes feel to go out and find the nearest man and have sex with him just to get it over and done with. ive been told just to wait and the right person will come along, but i feel like ive been waiting forever for that to happen.
Does anyone have any advice for me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say wait for the right person, I know that's probably not what you want to hear but it'll be worth it eventually. When you stop waiting for something to happen, it usually happens when you least expect it.
im 22 and this past year i planned on losing it just for the sake of it.

I am SO glad i didnt.

Ive now met a guy i really like, we're in a relationship and he isnt pressuring me at all. Hes said hes going to wait till whenever im ready and i feel so happy with him.

DONT lose it for the sake of it.
Reply 3
Wait until the right person. I lost my virginity (and every other time after that) whilst drunk and when I think about I really wish I was a virgin or at least lost it to someone I cared about.
From my experience, save it.

I lost my virginity to a long time girlfriend who I really thought I was going to marry (yeah, bit silly of me to think that...). she broke up with me in the past few months and to think that I went that far emotionally with someone who I was so close to, only to have it thrown away, is just gutting to me.

Wait until marriage, or at least until when you're older so that if things go south then they won't distract you away from things (like they have done to me).
If you're really that impatient, you can go for one night stands.
I personally don't like ONS' because its like fishing for trouble (in a way).
Otherwise, you should be able to wait. I'm 19 and I feel just fine as a virgin. If people start mocking you about it, just ignore them. You wouldn't want surprise herpes.
There's nothing abnormal about being a virgin. Only a decade or so ago, women were expected to be virgins until they marry and in many parts of the world it's still like this.
You feel lonely because of a lack of relationships, not sex. A mere empty night won't fix that.
Reply 7
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
There's nothing abnormal about being a virgin. Only a decade or so ago, women were expected to be virgins until they marry and in many parts of the world it's still like this.
You feel lonely because of a lack of relationships, not sex. A mere empty night won't fix that.

This is good advice. Losing your virginity isn't a race. It's much better of you wait til you find someone you want to be with. You are not abnormal OP.
Reply 8
Losing your virginity for stupid reasons is a red flag in my book - I'd find it very difficult to be the second guy knowing the first guy was just someone you had sex with out of impatience. You have a responsibility to yourself to act with integrity in all walks of life.
Original post by Anonymous
i am 20 years old and i am sick of still being a virgin, it makes me feel abnormal from everyone,i dont know what to do about it anymore.
Everyone i know is off having sex and im here feeling lonely as ever, i sometimes feel to go out and find the nearest man and have sex with him just to get it over and done with. ive been told just to wait and the right person will come along, but i feel like ive been waiting forever for that to happen.

i had a ONS for the sake of losing it and I regret it. if anything it will make things more awkward in the future when u meet mr right as u will be like 'ah ya i did but it was awkward/i was scared/didnt mean anything...

id change it if i could. id prefer to be a virgin than to technically have lost it without enjoying it, as be still really really inexperienced. if i do meet mr right it will more than likely lead to an awkward conversation.

i was 21 when it happened, nearly a year ago... Don't sleep with just anyone!!!! learn from me!
Reply 10

Why have you reposted this thread?
Reply 11
Original post by Sai4
Why have you reposted this thread?

Huh? This is the first time ive posted this
Reply 12
Thank you everyone for your advice
i know it isnt right to just go out and lose it like that but sometimes i do feel like it
Reply 13
Huh? This is the first time ive posted this

So you didn't post this yesterday...? I guess not

Does anyone get to that point where they are sick of being a virgin and just want to go out and find the nearest man and lose it?
i've been feeling like this for a while and i don't know what to do about it anymore, everyone around me is having sex and i feel like i'm missing out on something important and it makes me feel abnormal from everyone else. Has anyone ever felt like this before? Does anyone have any advice for me because im at my wits end with it
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Without sounding like an idiot, I really don't get what the big deal is. If you feel like you want to wait for someone special to lose it to then do that, I lost it to the boy I was with for a long time and meant everything to me but now we've been apart for over a year I've just forgotten about it kind of thing.
Take your time its no big deal
You're not abnormal...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
There's nothing abnormal about being a virgin. Only a decade or so ago, women were expected to be virgins until they marry

Let me get this straight: until 2003, women were expected to be virgins until they married... right! For your information, this is the binge-drinking, E-gobbling, alcohol-sozzled United Kingdom, not the United Arab Emirates! If you are still confused, I would check my location on Google Maps to be certain. If you are as seems evident, located in an oil-soaked Arabian sheikdom, that would explain quite a bit.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Thank you everyone for your advice
i know it isnt right to just go out and lose it like that but sometimes i do feel like it

It isn't "wrong" to have casual sex. What you need to work out is whether it would boost your confidence and make you feel better, or if you'd feel upset and used. Basically, the question is will you have an emotional attachment? I think the whole idea of a girls virginity being valuable is outdated, and a bit creepy even. Don't stay a virgin because society says that's what good girls do, do what you want, you're twenty and old enough to decide for yourself.
In my honest opinion the MOST personal and sacred thing a girl has is her virginity, until the person who you will to spend your whole life with comes along.

It has many reasons to be so to:
It is an organ where by the most important joy of life comes from. Some temporary but More importantly life long love of bearing children. So it is very important that the one who you feel is important enough in your life that you would bear children with, who will be there until death, should be the only one with access to it.

The moment you lose your virginity to that person, a connection of trust is formed, of his care towards your pain and emotions, an understanding and a tie that is formed when he understands that you entrusted him with the most precious and important thing in your life that you have been protecting. You are happy to create the most precious of things to a mother with him.

remaining a virgin will be worth it when you realise this connection.

And for those who say it is a matter of the past; this is one of the main reasons why marriages do not last in this day and age. And they only care about temporary use, like a disposable tool, you should think to yourself "are you a disposable thing."

They will be many people who will disagree with me, but I assure you those are people who have already made the mistake and cant take it back or are the guys who like disposing things.

(this is the importance of virginity in my opinion)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending