The Student Room Group

Jobseekers! Big tip!

If you're looking for a job it's worth checking to see if there is an Explore Learning tutoring centre near you.

They hire a lot of sixth form students as assistant tutors pretty much year round so it's worth leaving your cv with them even if they're not currently hiring as I know somebody who has been asked to start in a few months time, once some of their employees have left for uni.

It looks great on your cv as you get a lot of responsibility etc.

Minimum wage pay but it increases after the 6 month appraisals and you get about 3 shifts a week which are usually about 3 hrs long.

Company is lovely to work for and pays for trips to restaurants etc.

Just a tip :wink:
Reply 1
Hey, thanks! How should I apply? Just email saying I'm interested and attach my CV? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LucyO_103
Hey, thanks! How should I apply? Just email saying I'm interested and attach my CV? :smile:

Yup! Even if they don't have space right now, I know someone who's been asked to start in September and they keep CVs on record as tutors obviously leave to go to uni etc.
Reply 3
Original post by dahlia1
Yup! Even if they don't have space right now, I know someone who's been asked to start in September and they keep CVs on record as tutors obviously leave to go to uni etc.

Ah great! Thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by dahlia1
If you're looking for a job it's worth checking to see if there is an Explore Learning tutoring centre near you.

They hire a lot of sixth form students as assistant tutors pretty much year round so it's worth leaving your cv with them even if they're not currently hiring as I know somebody who has been asked to start in a few months time, once some of their employees have left for uni.

It looks great on your cv as you get a lot of responsibility etc.

Minimum wage pay but it increases after the 6 month appraisals and you get about 3 shifts a week which are usually about 3 hrs long.

Company is lovely to work for and pays for trips to restaurants etc.

Just a tip :wink:

I got offered a job at the Westfield London branch! I'm gonna start my 3 weeks induction/ training after exams....is this time paid? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending