The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire Primary Education 2013

Hi, is there anyone out there still waiting for a reply to their application for the upper primary BEd course at Herfordshire?

I applied in January and am starting to wonder as I've already been to other interviews and have received offers. Herts is my first choice so the waiting is really frustrating. :smile:

for any other applicants that have interviewed for Primary Education already, how did you find the interview?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marimari13
Hi, is there anyone out there still waiting for a reply to their application for the upper primary BEd course at Herfordshire?

I applied in January and am starting to wonder as I've already been to other interviews and have received offers. Herts is my first choice so the waiting is really frustrating. :smile:

for any other applicants that have interviewed for Primary Education already, how did you find the interview?

Get in contact with them. I have seen on other threads that people have got offers.

Best of luck to you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hi there,

As you can imagine, we are working through a very high volume of applications so don't be too alarmed if we have replied to others and not you.

If you would like to chase it up however, you can try and get through to our admissions team on 01707 284800 who will be able to give you a more detailed overview of what stage your application is at.

Hope to see you here in September :smile:

thanks,
Ashley (University of Hertfordshire Official Representative)
Reply 3
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi there,

As you can imagine, we are working through a very high volume of applications so don't be too alarmed if we have replied to others and not you.

If you would like to chase it up however, you can try and get through to our admissions team on 01707 284800 who will be able to give you a more detailed overview of what stage your application is at.

Hope to see you here in September :smile:

thanks,
Ashley (University of Hertfordshire Official Representative)

Thank you,

I called the admissions team yesterday for an update.

Mari :-)
Reply 4
I just received my offer today, it took about 2 weeks from my interview date. Have you heard back now? :smile:
Reply 5
Hi Sadiejanex, congratulations on your offer! :smile: was wondering if you would be able to share the grades you have. I have an interview on the 3rd of May and my grades aren't too good :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by sjb17
Hi Sadiejanex, congratulations on your offer! :smile: was wondering if you would be able to share the grades you have. I have an interview on the 3rd of May and my grades aren't too good :s-smilie:

Aw thank you :smile: well I'm currently in my last year of a levels now so I've still got to take the exams. But my offer is conditional to me getting 3 Bs...which I'm really worried about because I don't think that's gonna happen :frown: but fingers crossed!
What grades did you get? Because they wouldn't of asked you for an interview if they Were not happy with your grades so you'll be fine :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Sadiejanex
I just received my offer today, it took about 2 weeks from my interview date. Have you heard back now? :smile:

Well done, is it your firm choice? I have heard back and have an interview on the 3rd May. Fingers crossed it goes well as it's my preferred choice.

How did you find the interview? Any tips you could give me would be appreciated. Did you sit a maths/english test?

Thanks,

Reply 8
Well done, is it your firm choice? I have heard back and have an interview on the 3rd May. Fingers crossed it goes well as it's my preferred choice.

How did you find the interview? Any tips you could give me would be appreciated. Did you sit a maths/english test?

Thanks,

Yeah it's my firm choice :smile: really want to go to Hertfordshire so just need to get the grades now!

Aw good luck!!
You have a written task where they give you a question mine was what makes effective learning, which wasn't to bad :smile:
Then they give you a story book where you have to look through the book and you have to give a presentation in a group (its only to a couple of people so don't worry) and you talk about what lessons you can do revolving around that subject
Then it's the individual interview which really isn't bad they make you really relaxed and are very friendly :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Thank you so much for getting back to me, the info's perfect and I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about it now. Fingers crossed it goes well. Good luck getting the grades, I'll let you know if I get an offer. :-)
Reply 10
Original post by sjb17

Hello, My interview is on the 3rd as well, maybe I'll see you there. :-)
Reply 11
Thank you so much for getting back to me, the info's perfect and I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about it now. Fingers crossed it goes well. Good luck getting the grades, I'll let you know if I get an offer. :-)

No worries :smile: also make sure you remember to bring your work experience sheet filled in!
Yeah let me know :smile: good luck!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Has anyone had an offer yet? :smile:
Reply 13
Not yet. I think it takes a couple of weeks for the uni to update ucas. How did your interview go? :-) I thought it was a good day, everyone was really friendly and I had a good group.
Reply 14
I thought my interview went quite well, but I've just found out that I was unsuccessful :frown: I'm gutted, good luck though!
Reply 15
No worries :smile: also make sure you remember to bring your work experience sheet filled in!
Yeah let me know :smile: good luck!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, received a conditional offer today and have accepted. I've almost made the conditions so should be fine. Let me know when you get your results. Good luck. :-)
Reply 16
Original post by rachelval
I thought my interview went quite well, but I've just found out that I was unsuccessful :frown: I'm gutted, good luck though!

Sorry to hear that, I hope you've got an offer somewhere else to fall back on.
Reply 17
My schools given us the opportunity to take general studies because they say if we were unfortunate enough not to get the grades it could give us the extra points we need.
But does anyway know if Hertfordshire accepts general studies? Because some universities won't accept it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
My schools given us the opportunity to take general studies because they say if we were unfortunate enough not to get the grades it could give us the extra points we need.
But does anyway know if Hertfordshire accepts general studies? Because some universities won't accept it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea, why don't you email the admissions team or give them a ring they're very helpful. The admissions email is [email protected].

:-)
Reply 19
I have no idea, why don't you email the admissions team or give them a ring they're very helpful. The admissions email is [email protected].

:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending